Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   east coast airsoft (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=119404)

Dviper February 22nd, 2011 23:49

east coast airsoft

I was wondering if anyone ordered from east coast airsoft, they claim that they can ship to Canada without any issues

surebet February 22nd, 2011 23:52

Stay away

TokyoSeven February 22nd, 2011 23:53

Claims are one thing. As is to my understanding a company will tell you anything to get your money. Unless they can provide you with a 100% money back seizure guarantee I would walk away.

Imagine if a south american drug lord claimed he could mail you some cocaine through the mail and that it would pass customs without issue but he wanted your money first. Would you be inclined to believe him?

HKGhost February 22nd, 2011 23:54

Please read through this before doing anything with those guys. Linky

Shatter February 23rd, 2011 00:10

Hmmm.. They seem to have changed their policy from when I last checked (a year ago)
Quote:

EastCoastAirsoft prides itself on being one of the few retailers that ships to Canada. We very rarely have problems with Canadian shipping, but there is always a minute chance that your order will be seized and not returned. EastCoastAirsoft does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen, damaged, or seized packages. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please call us at 410-838-6856.
Still no 100% refund... :(

Disco_Dante February 23rd, 2011 00:29

"EastCoastAirsoft does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen, damaged, or seized packages"

No shit...

L473ncy February 23rd, 2011 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dviper (Post 1415763)
I was wondering if anyone ordered from east coast airsoft, they claim that they can ship to Canada without any issues

It's a gamble and they may say they'll ship to Canada but it still doesn't mean it won't be seized. Technically they've held up to their end of the bargain IRT them retailing items, selling it to you, and shipping. Once it leaves their hands and is in the hands of the post office/Customs for all intents and purposes they've completed the transaction.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if packages originating from them are flagged for more scrutiny. AFAIK It's the case with pretty much every well known retailer cause idiots order guns and shit from them and CBSA seizes them.

Adamlxlx February 23rd, 2011 07:53

Rudest bunch of idiots ever, don't order from them. Such rude assholes and I just asked some simple questions.

AngelusNex February 23rd, 2011 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dviper (Post 1415763)

Of course, all they have to do is package it and mail it, not hard to ship to Canada. Whether or not it gets in is another story.

Dviper February 23rd, 2011 09:02

thanks for the input,

Juke16 February 23rd, 2011 09:31

I know a guy at my school who ordered several guns from them (not that I'm condoning it), and he says that the guy ships through false names and labels the packages under things like "a miniature train", "RC Helicopter", and other harmless stuff. If you get caught you're going to get arrested for smuggling a prohibited item.

SniperSam February 23rd, 2011 12:20

LOL, loved that thread, good read.

And you would get in more trouble since the packages aren't marked as to what the package itself has within it. You'd get slammed with a hefty fine, the package seized, and most certainly blacklisted.

This is coming from personal experience of personally importing and exporting finish carpentry materials. I.e. 12000$ doors, cabinets, arch ways, paneling, moulding, and other over priced hardware for the rich and the famous. I mislabeled the quantity of of door hinges and door knobs by accident once. There were 14 in all, but I put 13 accidentally; 10% of the product value in fines (180$).

Unless you're a well established business in airsoft, don't even try importing please

FACE February 23rd, 2011 12:58

We are talking about importing airsoft guns into Canada ..... not carpentry materials. Let me see, one is illegal, the other is not.

As to what is clearly marked on the package, that gets done on a daily if not hourly basis by allot of people, not necessarily airsoft related.

You CAN go to jail for it, as opposed to bringing in door hardware. In case you haven't read the LINK that HKGHOST provided here it is again and I'll even bring you to the page with the actually court case.

B.C. court case

Cheers,
FACE

Danke February 23rd, 2011 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamlxlx (Post 1415914)
Rudest bunch of idiots ever, don't order from them. Such rude assholes and I just asked some simple questions.

Ruder than us? This I've got to see; email away!

BloodSport February 23rd, 2011 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by FACE (Post 1416063)
We are talking about importing airsoft guns into Canada ..... not carpentry materials. Let me see, one is illegal, the other is not.

Believe it or not there are some materials US companies use in production of cabinets and such that are not allowed to be imported. I use to build retail stores across Canada and some of the suppliers were US based and a few shipments were sent back and had to be rebuilt as per customs.