Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Gear Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   arm protection advice (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=128862)

XZIVR August 13th, 2011 02:49

arm protection advice

Because of the nature of the words, search isn't being helpful.

Here's the situation: I like CQB, but my job requires me to look as professional as possible and welts on my arms are not cool.

Since I'm not yet good enough to just never get hit, I need something that will protect my shoulders/forearms. All I've seen is Evike has some surplus elbow guards that kinda look like they cover the forearm too but they're out of stock and I haven't had good experiences with them in the past.

I know there's stuff like this out there, I've seen other people with arm guards..

And I know wearing a thick long sleeve shirt works pretty well, but I'm hoping there's another way.

Hurley895 August 13th, 2011 03:00

get your self a paintball under shirt? They have them with padding in them now plus they are in cammo colours.

Might want to wear a BDU shirt over it to hide the outline of the padding plates tho.

Or:get a mini gun and shoot yourself so that bb welt pink is your skin colour.:)

DEATH2000 August 13th, 2011 03:21

Why cant you have welt marks? First time ive ever heard of that. Ever hear of "kevlar slash sleeves"? They were sold at SEALS Action Gear a while back. They were designed to protect your wrist and forearm from premature detination of flashbangs. My old roommate had a pair a few years back. Went up to just below the elbow, depending on how long your arms are.

tygr701 August 13th, 2011 08:27

Compression undershirts or even an arm map band. When your wearing a long sleeve dress shirt at work they cant see them anyways though.

Outcast569 August 13th, 2011 13:01

Depends the BDU you have. Some have the pockets for the neoprene elbow pads. Just replace those with the blue camping foam and nothing will give you a welt with those.

My job is the same. I just wear long sleeve BDU's and a long undershirt. Usually never have an issue short of a 203 at 3'.

Oh and DONT buy from evike.

Frozen Tex August 13th, 2011 13:07

How 'bout a pair of kid's sized soccer shin guards strapped to your forearms? You could custom paint them if you want short or rolled-up sleeves.

Scouser August 13th, 2011 13:13

actually adult size soccer shinguards work fine, make sure you get a set that has the removable ankleguard

i know a couple people used to do that, till they just didnt care about the welts on their arms anymore

surebet August 13th, 2011 13:17

There are a ton of paintball arm protectors out there, I'm sure you'll find something that tickles your fancy.

Just be aware that the more padding you have on, the more heat management issues you'll have.

EDIT: Random example: http://www.paintballgear.ca/paintball-protective-gear

XZIVR August 13th, 2011 13:25

Hmm, interesting. My BDUs are nothing special, nowhere to fit a pad or anything, but I'll check out the paintball guards. Didn't know they existed.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

surebet August 13th, 2011 13:29

Head on over to pbnation.com to grab them cheap, try to stick to DYE or other high-end stuff.

Keep in mind that the forum is basically the land of the retards, expect to deal with stupid kids.

FOX_111 August 13th, 2011 23:23

Your usual BDU sleeve will do.
If you are that much afraid, just wear a pair of socks on your arms under your BDU.

Noob7_0 August 14th, 2011 00:03

I vote for the paintball pads they are great. To plug another source you can look at a forum called tdotballers.com it's a Toronto based forum so you don't have to deal with the pbnation garbage.

Matt 'Maverick' Watts August 14th, 2011 00:48

You're in Calgary... just look up Badlands paintball if you want the arm pads.. they have a retail store there.

Reckless August 14th, 2011 14:00

cnd tire... mechanix forearm 'socks'

I have BDU's with "regular" bdu arms (armour elbow and knee pads included no falling off my joints!) and underarmour lycra like chest bit (where your vest would cover) ... great protection without stopping the 'feel' of hits, and I dont get stupid hot in general use.

coach August 14th, 2011 14:30

Paintball ground and pound arm pads. I wear them for terminator and zombie games.