Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Practice hollering "FRAG OUT!": I'm publicly demoing my grenade at TTAC3 this friday! (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=44179)

MadMax September 10th, 2007 20:06

Practice hollering "FRAG OUT!": I'm publicly demoing my grenade at TTAC3 this friday!

I'm going to be showing off my prototypes at the TTAC3 anniversary game! Brian has graciously shared his event with me so I can bring my grenades to blow up people in his free game evening. You'll get a chance to be on either end of my newest invention.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=43615

You'll be free to ask questions and free to talk about my product (no non disclosure agreement), but I have to restrict detail photography of my prototypes. Action photos and videography is fine, but no close up pics please.
/end

Blade{a} September 10th, 2007 20:15

Awesome news! I won't be able to make it, but I can't wait to see photos and videos of your baby in action!

I'm not sure if you mentioned it yet, but is there an expected release date?

MadMax September 10th, 2007 21:40

No idea yet. The injection mould is nearly finished and patents filed, but I've got to raise a shittonne (metric) of cashola to pay for the first production run. Parts to machine and packaging to design, tool and print.

Lakonian September 10th, 2007 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 534418)
No idea yet. The injection mould is nearly finished and patents filed, but I've got to raise a shittonne (metric) of cashola to pay for the first production run. Parts to machine and packaging to design, tool and print.

Holy crap. Let me know when it's available, bud. I'll buy a few ;)

bean September 10th, 2007 22:11

Star filling out preorders. If the videos catch my interest I will surely be up for one.

MadMax September 10th, 2007 23:19

I'll probably have to take preorders to finance the launch of my grenade. Retooling the propane adaptor in response to Madbull is costing me a bunch of bucks I was hoping to spend on the grenade.

When I start taking preorders, I'll post pics of the first moulded parts out of my injection moulds with good videography and detail photos. It's not fair for me to make people pony up on an advance order without giving them an accurate expectation of what they'll be waiting for.

littlerobz September 10th, 2007 23:24

Will you be posting a video of your grenade on ASC for us poor souls slaving away in the west? I know I'm interested in seing and/or buying them.

MadMax September 10th, 2007 23:34

When I open the preorder I'll post a video and good pics.
Players are welcome to post their action videos, but I cannot allow close up videos until I have better looking product. The current prototypes will work similarly to the production grenades, but they honestly look a little like ass. They're fully functional, but they're cobbled together in my apartment machine shop so they look a little rough. Unfortunately the last 2% of aesthetic design can provide about 50% of the impression of a product. It's something that drives me mad sometimes, but there it is.

mcguyver September 11th, 2007 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlerobz (Post 534518)
Will you be posting a video of your grenade on ASC for us poor souls slaving away in the west? I know I'm interested in seing and/or buying them.

Ah, we'll just buy them anyways, won't we? Pics and vid are nice, but when it detonates, that's even better!!

Just put a price out there and the word of mouth will sell them.

Styrak September 11th, 2007 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 534516)
Retooling the propane adaptor in response to Madbull is costing me a bunch of bucks I was hoping to spend on the grenade.

What did you have to do to change perfection?

littlerobz September 11th, 2007 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 534549)
Ah, we'll just buy them anyways, won't we? Pics and vid are nice, but when it detonates, that's even better!!

Just put a price out there and the word of mouth will sell them.

Isn't that the truth. I was almost happy with money in the bank untill I discovered this sport. Now I have a closet full of guns, an empty bank account and a teammate who continually shoots me.

TheRealWaldo September 11th, 2007 09:33

I'm soo in for that pre-order. Any way I can be informed when it comes open?

W.

MadMax September 11th, 2007 10:16

When I open my preorder, it'll be announced here and on my site. Unfortunately I have to wait and see how the first test shots go with my new mould. If things work out well, I'll have a good idea on when my grenades would be available. If not, I don't want to open preorder as I wouldn't have a firm idea of when I'd be able to deliver.

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

jaymz1911 September 11th, 2007 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 534676)
When I open my preorder, it'll be announced here and on my site. Unfortunately I have to wait and see how the first test shots go with my new mould. If things work out well, I'll have a good idea on when my grenades would be available. If not, I don't want to open preorder as I wouldn't have a firm idea of when I'd be able to deliver.

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Sounds good Max!