Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bill C-21 to prohibit airsoft guns in canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=224208)

CF_Seal February 24th, 2021 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmodus (Post 1853448132)
This petition should be on the forum landing page. Admins! Make it happen!!!

Good idea dude. I just hit up BloodSport about it in PM. If there is anyone else that can do it hit em up.

Better to share as much as possible before before the second reading of C-21 on Friday.

dogtoy February 25th, 2021 07:41

Well if I had bought a bunch of upgrade parts for a custom build & planned a purchase , what should i do? the worst case would be I could only basement shoot with it & hope the law will change one day ? or maybe this wont go through & things will be fine , or it will be rewritten to have them with orange tips or something , so on one hand it may be the last chance to do a build i have always wanted to do , but on the other hand I dont want to waste the money for nothing , Im not sure how long I have to figure out what I want to do I would imagine I am not alone

Drache February 25th, 2021 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1853448096)
Government went full ape shit with airsoft. Prohibited, everything gets seized if cop asks you about it. No license available even if one wants to get it in order to keep their stuff. It looks like they are going after airsoft while giving a slack to "assault rifles" as they call them.

It states:

"Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else."

So you do get to keep your Airsoft. Just like us with now prohibited ARs, you can keep them but they never get to leave the house or see the light of day.

666 February 25th, 2021 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drache (Post 1853448145)
It states:

"Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else."

So you do get to keep your Airsoft. Just like us with now prohibited ARs, you can keep them but they never get to leave the house or see the light of day.

You can but they kind of forgot to mention that in order to do so you must have license to possess prohibited devices. License that does not exist and obviously cannot be obtained. Ian Runkle covered it in his video. So you can keep all your airsoft until any cop asks you to hand it over or produce above mentioned non existent license. So hypothetically they can just come to your door, ask you a question and if your answer is yes than they will take all your airsoft guns without compensation.

Swattiger February 25th, 2021 12:57

Just wonder if they will include airsoft in their "Buy Back" programme? And how will it work e.g. buy back at market price or up to their evaluation ?

666 February 26th, 2021 09:17

C-21 voting will happen today. You might see some troubling results but don't be alarmed. This is being done on purpose. This vote will decide whether or not the bill gets to go forward into second reading and eventually be presented before the Committee. From my understanding Conservatives will vote for it so bill will receive green light. Conservatives want C-21 to be presented because that is the only way they can fight the thing and that's where they will make a stand.

tvw February 26th, 2021 10:25

^^^
Hope we see something positive.

666 February 26th, 2021 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvw (Post 1853448178)
^^^
Hope we see something positive.

Only way to derail the bill is to get in in front of the Committee and amend living crap out of it so thing pretty much becomes an empty hull. There might be another outcome if NDP decided to backstab Liberals and today will vote against, in this case C-21 might sink.

666 February 26th, 2021 11:27

Debate can be watched here. Airsoft related part starts at around 10:18, right after Blair finished his speech https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...p27jY1W2XSC_Ww

Pockets February 26th, 2021 11:53

if they do have a buy back option... ill finally be able to sell my MG-42 then =P

666 February 26th, 2021 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pockets (Post 1853448182)
if they do have a buy back option... ill finally be able to sell my MG-42 then =P

For $200 maybe. Only people who actually gained something during last buy back were guys who had multiple POS, old, non functional, little prohib pea shooters nobody wanted to buy. All that garbage got ?returned? for $200 a pop 😂 You should?ve seen some posts on gun boards.

Snerpydoodle February 26th, 2021 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1853448179)
Only way to derail the bill is to get in in front of the Committee and amend living crap out of it so thing pretty much becomes an empty hull. There might be another outcome if NDP decided to backstab Liberals and today will vote against, in this case C-21 might sink.

I dont understand, if the bll gets voted to not go to the next reading wouldnt that stop it rignt there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matula (Post 1853448129)
Well the good news today:

NPD and Bloc Quebecois are against bill C-21 that targeting airsoft and paintball! I think we are still waiting for the Green party right now.

Could you please explain? I missed that part.

bobotea February 26th, 2021 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matula (Post 1853448129)
Well the good news today:

NPD and Bloc Quebecois are against bill C-21 that targeting airsoft and paintball! I think we are still waiting for the Green party right now.

where are you seeing that info? i cant seem to find any official statements from NDP or Bloc regarding c-21, let alone the airsoft section.

*edit* interesting just watched the HoC sitting, first question from NDP was coming out questioning why airsoft was lumped in with real firearms. Gives me some hope at least.

666 February 26th, 2021 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerpydoodle (Post 1853448185)
I dont understand, if the bll gets voted to not go to the next reading wouldnt that stop it rignt there?

Could you please explain? I missed that part.

This was posted today, right before debate started, posted by one of guys who for a while now is deeply involved in fighting draconian firearm bills. He posted it to give people heads up so they won't loose their shit. I'm guessing whoever is doing this chose to attack C-21 with amendments at a later stage rather than try to stop it now. not I'm exactly sure what the plan is but I'm sure this would not be chosen as a plan of action unless people who are doing it think this the best thing to do in current situation. This bill will almost certainly go through and Conservative votes wont really play any difference unless NDP stabs Liberals in the back last minute.

666 February 26th, 2021 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobotea (Post 1853448186)
where are you seeing that info? i cant seem to find any official statements from NDP or Bloc regarding c-21, let alone the airsoft section.

*edit* interesting just watched the HoC sitting, first question from NDP was coming out questioning why airsoft was lumped in with real firearms. Gives me some hope at least.

Sure, NDP MP surprised me TBH. There wasn't an official statement made but in general many NDP members want total confiscation when it comes to real steel, not restrictions. You never know how voting is going to go. NDP might be a wild card here.