Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bill C-21 to prohibit airsoft guns in canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=224208)

666 February 28th, 2021 11:44

Sash, I know about retarded facebook rules, last year got banned for posting a meme that was made to make fun of Hitler. This particular post I saw was in a semi private anti C-71 group. Unless your account is approved you cant see anything that is being posted there.

Drache February 28th, 2021 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1853448234)
Drache, and your post proves that Ian was right. You saw something official posted on RCMP website and you automatically assumed it was legit. That?s exactly what happened after May 1st ban. People kept asking questions and probably bombarding them with phone calls so they made a post in order to get everyone off of their back. Blair backed it up too. Thing is, RCMP does not make laws. They enforce it. That is not something I thought of. This is something a criminal lawyer came up with after he looked over statements and analysed paperwork released by government after May ban.

Yup you're right they don't make the laws. But I can tell you many times I've dealt with the RCMP and used one of their own information sheets to prove my point to them. It's amazing how their attitudes change when you have them something with their own letterhead stating something completely different.

That being said, The criminal code of Canada also states:

Quote:

Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon or restricted weapon

(2) Subject to subsection (4), every person commits an offence who possesses a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, other than a replica firearm, or any prohibited ammunition, without being the holder of a licence under which the person may possess it.

Possession of prohibited weapon, device or ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized

(2) Subject to subsection (4), every person commits an offence who possesses a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, other than a replica firearm, or any prohibited ammunition knowing that the person is not the holder of a licence under which the person may possess it.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person who possesses a replica firearm.
So the CCC states that Replica Firearms are prohibited in the definition phase, but makes no mention of them further in the CCC. In fact the CCC goes so far to make sure that Replica Firearms are excluded from anything else to do with firearms. So until bill C21 actually changes the CCC... and bill C21 is only adding the definition of airsoft to the already defined replica firearm.

666 February 28th, 2021 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drache (Post 1853448237)
Yup you're right they don't make the laws. But I can tell you many times I've dealt with the RCMP and used one of their own information sheets to prove my point to them. It's amazing how their attitudes change when you have them something with their own letterhead stating something completely different.

That being said, The criminal code of Canada also states:

So the CCC states that Replica Firearms are prohibited in the definition phase, but makes no mention of them further in the CCC. In fact the CCC goes so far to make sure that Replica Firearms are excluded from anything else to do with firearms. So until bill C21 actually changes the CCC...

Dude, just watch the video. One that is made by a person who deals with government and firearm related offenses on daily basis. He looked into paperwork and recorded a video in regards to what he saw. When a fairly expensive lawyer, who just happens to be a lawyer that specialize in firearm related offenses tells me something I kind of inclined to believe them.

DAVESAGE February 28th, 2021 15:10

Yeah even if the rcmp won’t enforce it, that doesn’t mean municipal or provincial police will follow suit

666 February 28th, 2021 15:10

In my understanding, after watching several videos posted by Ian Runlke, he has zero interest in airsoft. He he is just one of those trap shooters who happens t o care about hobbies he is not even involved in and happens to be a lawyer that lagerly deals with firearm related offenses. He takes laws apart and explains explains exactly how they might apply to an average Joe.

666 February 28th, 2021 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVESAGE (Post 1853448239)
Yeah even if the rcmp won?t enforce it, that doesn?t mean municipal or provincial police will follow suit

Municipality does not work for federal government. Bosses are provincial MP's. Keep that in mind. If ban happens it will have to be country wide federal ban. Some mayors already spoke about it and were politely told go stick their head up their ass by provincial MP's. I'm talking about real steel pistol ban right now.

DAVESAGE February 28th, 2021 15:19

He’s definitely had an airsoft mp5 in multiple videos

666 February 28th, 2021 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVESAGE (Post 1853448242)
He?s definitely had an airsoft mp5 in multiple videos

Sure did. He also had a Mossberg shotgun and a pellet gun.In one of his videos he also talked about a person walking off of 2nd degree murder charge after admitting to putting 3 rounds into another guy. Like I said, this not something person is interested in but he just wants to put his 2 cents and fight the fight.

666 February 28th, 2021 15:39

I am not aware whether or not Ian Runlke actually defended a person in the court but he did have full discourse of the case with names and everything. That kind of thing made me think he was legit.

666 February 28th, 2021 15:53

RCMP is not a law marking entity. They can make all soft of statements but it will be invalid unless backed up by government. Entity that actually makes laws.

DAVESAGE February 28th, 2021 15:53

Oh he’s a legit lawyer

666 February 28th, 2021 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVESAGE (Post 1853448246)
Oh he?s a legit lawyer

Dude, that's lilke grade 2 level insult. Google is everybody's friend. That person has a reputation Canadawide. I woulnt even bother otherwise.

666 February 28th, 2021 15:59

https://www.facebook.com/Ian.Runkle.Lawyer/

DAVESAGE February 28th, 2021 16:10

Um what? I was saying he’s 100% legit

666 February 28th, 2021 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVESAGE (Post 1853448249)
Um what? I was saying he?s 100% legit

I gave you all the info. It's up to you to make your mind.