Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Guns Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=96773)

Rommen June 6th, 2012 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by daishi (Post 1663729)
Where can you get a spare loading tool that will work with the kjw if anyone knows?

I'd actually like to know this too... my original tube is starting to crack D :

daishi June 6th, 2012 22:32

As well..the velocity reducer...on a stock m4, how many washers would get it to 350 or lower?

audi_bhoy June 7th, 2012 17:29

Depends of a lot of things, temperature, humidity, and other stuff, there is no exact science in this. 1 time on 2 I adjust it the day before, and sometimes I need to lower it the next day at the game...

daishi June 13th, 2012 14:13

Just got my kjw today....whats the metal slab that comes with something that looks like a plastic bike tube valve?

I didnt get a chance to "explore" the gun as I had to go to work....

Gester24 June 13th, 2012 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by daishi (Post 1666263)
Just got my kjw today....whats the metal slab that comes with something that looks like a plastic bike tube valve?

its to adjust the front sight. it has grooves on it right? if you check your front sight, the middle riser sings down. with that piece you can adjust the height of that center piece.

Rommen June 13th, 2012 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by daishi (Post 1666263)

And the metal slab is your barrel wrench, use it to take off the delta ring (only if you know how!)

Saberwing June 14th, 2012 11:05

Anybody know where I can replace my charging handle? The catch it on broke off about a year ago, and it's gotten to be really annoying so I figure it's time to replace it.

daishi June 14th, 2012 11:19

Anyone have any guides about taking apart the kjw mags? 1 of my mags only fills to 14 rounds and I cant get anymore in it.

Saberwing June 14th, 2012 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by daishi (Post 1666591)
Anyone have any guides about taking apart the kjw mags? 1 of my mags only fills to 14 rounds and I cant get anymore in it.

Release all the gas pressure in your magazine and then remove the allen screw on the bottom. The entire magazine should disassemble.

daishi June 14th, 2012 17:08

Alright cool, greasing the spring seems to have fixed it.

Also, is there a way to remove the front sight? it is in the way of my optic reticule, as the front sight inst accurate as the gun I have has a right drift.

audi_bhoy June 14th, 2012 18:09

If it doesn't shoot straight, your hop up unit might be turned a bit on the right side ;)

m0e82 June 16th, 2012 03:19

tanio koba m4 GBBR issue

i have an issue with my m4 after the first take down i reassembled it with ease and no hiccups or resistance and now it will only successfully fire semi auto in semi auto the gun fires and cycles so as to where i can just pull the trigger again to expend the next bb, but in full auto it will expend a single round and not cycle the bolt meaning the trigger stays back and i can do nothing without pulling the charging handle again... then the same thing will happen... ive looked at the internals of the selector and everything "seems" fine... has anyone else run into this issue? or can anyone offer any useful advice on how to resolve this issue.... keeping in mind i am not a licensed tech on GBBR's?

daishi June 16th, 2012 09:46

I took my gun in to a gun doc yesterday, and the bolt is all scratched the hell up and worn in some areas and what not.

Where can I buy a version 2 bolt preferably in Canada? Is this a version 2 or 1 bolt: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...RAT-AT-G-KJ011

audi_bhoy June 17th, 2012 21:53

That is a V2. You could write to KJW directly, they will send you a paypal account name
and amount to send them and they will ship you one directly from their shop.

Rommen June 17th, 2012 23:56

So my M4 had its first catastrophic failure this weekend after 20,000+ rounds. The part of the bolt that extends under the nozzle snapped cleanly off the 'main' part of the bolt carrier. It's obvious if you look at it. It was the V1 bolt which I like, and don't really want to get the V2. I'm pretty sure the V1 is discontinued so it will be hard to find a new one, so I'm thinking of finding a machinist and having a custom bolt carrier made from solid aluminum billet.. what do you think of this idea?