Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Upgrades & Modifications (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Smart and not so smart upgrades (repost, long). (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=50)

Obelisk September 3rd, 2004 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Zealot-
I'd just like to add something about lasers, banning them at games is sctrictly on paranoia. To damage an eye with the lasers we use would take minutes on end just stareing at it. On the rare ocasion that one hits the eye in action, it would do no damage at all. They're not strong enough to instantly blind/damage your eye with one glimpse.

I respectfully disagree...

Depends on what class of laser, however. Also, green lasers are much more powerful, and will cause eye damage (so will some red lasers). Yes, you won't go blind instantly, but the lasers will cause some damage. I for one, like the fact that lasers are banned at most, if not all, places.

A red laser is pretty much useless for outdoor games, anyhow.

Greylocks December 14th, 2004 09:05

Please keep discussions on topic, or post your own thread.

Janus April 8th, 2005 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greylocks
Silencers look cool, change a bit of the sound, but that's about it. Many folks use them to hide longer barrels.

The only airsoft silencer I've seen that's effective at suppressing sound is a TM Socom Mk23 NBB. It doesn't muffle it entirely, but when one is firing it and has a hard time hearing it themselves, it is safe to say that it works well.

But I'll agree that attaching a sound suppressor to an AEG and expecting it to be quieter is an exercise in futility. Gearboxes are just too loud.

JoeNg May 9th, 2005 22:31

great long guide (FAQ) for anyone.

firemachine69 May 10th, 2005 16:09

Class III's (which are near-unavailable to the general public) are the only ones with any real dangers. Class I and II's are very safe, it's actually more dangerous to look at the sun for a split second then getting beamed by either type of the two classes of lasers.

lamlok June 30th, 2005 00:22

For suppressor, it really does have effect!
The main reason is this it abosrbs the higher frequency sounds. Human ears less sensitive to lower frequency sound than higher frequency sound.
My AUG mod with KM suppressor is almost inauditable to my opponents. (yet i heard really noisy gearbox sound, as my face and ear is next to the gearbox.)

Greylocks June 30th, 2005 06:20

Again, if you want to start a thread on something that has no bearing on the original subject, please start your own thread.

Lisa June 30th, 2005 09:00

Thread cleaned as requested.

The more you change the more chances of things messing up.

Edit... even after cleaning the me too's and such still come in.

TactOps1 June 30th, 2005 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Thread cleaned as requested.

The more you change the more chances of things messing up.

Agreed :tup:

Greylocks August 1st, 2005 16:37

Kevin, start your own thread.
You obviously have not read this one... It's about the basics, not about individual questions.
Thanks.

mashymre August 20th, 2005 03:07

the marui origional parts work fine
the gears, piston and cylinder are well designed...and the material is strong enough
all u 've to change are the spring guide and bushings.
the metal cylinder head and pistol are harmful to yr gearbox.
I am a HK airsoft player, nice to meet u

Greylocks August 20th, 2005 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashymre
the marui origional parts work fine
the gears, piston and cylinder are well designed...and the material is strong enough
all u 've to change are the spring guide and bushings.
the metal cylinder head and pistol are harmful to yr gearbox.
I am a HK airsoft player, nice to meet u

You obviously posted in this thread without reading it. This is not an opinion poll, and what you said has been said already.
Welcome to ASC, read a lot before posting some more, and remember our laws are far different than Hong Kong's.

Feel free to start a thread of your own instead of adding un-necessary things to this one. A moderator was kind enough to clean it twice lately...

So everyone? Please read before typing?

wingman January 31st, 2006 22:05

i need advice

would any of you guys know if a PDI 150% spring and 6mm oilless bushings would be good for an ICS MP5 A4?

Homewrecker January 31st, 2006 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingman
would any of you guys know if a PDI 150% spring and 6mm oilless bushings would be good for an ICS MP5 A4?

What do you mean by "would be good"?. Are you after a certain FPS?

Go here ---> http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.html

Greylocks February 1st, 2006 06:35

You did not read any part of this thread, or the rest of this section of the forum...