Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC SCAR-L - First game, many problems...

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 1st, 2016, 10:13   #1
WinnipegDragon

VFC SCAR-L - First game, many problems...

I've played strictly indoors before this year with my ICS G33 and it's been rock solid, with no issues.

I got my first game in outdoors this last weekend, and rolled out with my VFC SCAR-L. I sighted it in in my basement with no issues, but the second I tried gaming with it, it all went to hell. Same battery, mags, etc. I did go from .25g Prototype BBs in my basement to .28g Valkens at the field though.

Issues:
  • First ten to fifteen rounds of each mag dribble out of the barrel or don't fire at all
  • Sometimes two rounds would fire
  • After the first 15-20 I'd get regular firing but range was maybe 50' with a huge arcing drop

Adjusting the hop-up got my range out to maybe 70' but I was still lobbing rounds at this point. I don't have an outdoor space at home to diagnose anything at longer ranges, the best I can do is maybe 40' of space in the basement.

I have to admit I was confused, everything worked great before the game. Bad BBs? Something else I should consider checking? I know that there was a bad batch of Valken .28s but these were new and from an authorized dealer so I know that these ones were not recalled (and I trust the store/field that sold them to me).

I know that the VFC internals are not great so I'm prepared to replace anything/everything with better quality components if necessary!
WinnipegDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 10:28   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
.28g Valkens
Anything Valken is utter garbage.

Go for Madbull, BBastards, Elite Forces, Bioval.

Could also be your mags, but change up your bbs, I would use those valkens as paper weight, or use them in grenades.

--

They come from the same factory as Madbull IIRC, but they skip several steps,

Let's say for example there's "14 steps" to making quality bb's like madbull, and they do 13/14 steps, Valken does like 3/14 of those steps.

Last edited by BioRage; June 1st, 2016 at 10:33..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 10:30   #3
WinnipegDragon

I have Magpul PTS EMags, and they are the same ones I use in my G33, they feed fine.

Sounds like the BBs were the issue :/
Old June 1st, 2016, 12:21   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Could be the BBs, but if its your first time using the gun then it might be a compression problem too. You wont necessarily notice in just 30ft testing in your basement.
Mags could be an issue as well, but even firing reliably you were very short for range, which tells me it's a compression problem.

But either way, while you're getting that sorted out you might as well upgrade to a flat hop so you can get in that 200-250' range.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 12:22   #5
WinnipegDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Could be the BBs, but if its your first time using the gun then it might be a compression problem too. You wont necessarily notice in just 30ft testing in your basement.
Mags could be an issue as well, but even firing reliably you were very short for range, which tells me it's a compression problem.

But either way, while you're getting that sorted out you might as well upgrade to a flat hop so you can get in that 200-250' range.
Any recommendations for what to upgrade to? I've done a spring replacement but that's the extent of my tinkering so far.
Old June 1st, 2016, 18:09   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

-Do a compression test
-Fix the compression if it needs to be fixed
-Flat hop
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 21:29   #7
WinnipegDragon

Okay, I've got some learning to do. Thanks!
Old June 1st, 2016, 22:57   #8
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Your gun will be fully capable without a flat hop. Focus on the compression stuff/ gearbox familiarity, then get the flat hop thing done by somebody capable.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank