Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Back in Airsoft wheewww!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:32   #1
maninder
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Back in Airsoft wheewww!

After being out of the sport for a while due to affordability (university student), I'm back. I ordered a well mb08 from the states (airsoft gi) and it cleared customs yesterday. I'm soo excited, I wanted OD green but it was out of stock so I ended up purchasing tan. Got the gun for 25% off so a total of $110 excluding shipping.
maninder is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:02   #2
Wilkie
 
Wilkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brandon, Mb
Good to hear. Got the upgrades planned out?
Wilkie is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:40   #3
Aper
E-30
 
Aper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Aegiis's Neighbor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninder View Post
After being out of the sport for a while due to affordability (university student), I'm back. I ordered a well mb08 from the states (airsoft gi) and it cleared customs yesterday. I'm soo excited, I wanted OD green but it was out of stock so I ended up purchasing tan. Got the gun for 25% off so a total of $110 excluding shipping.
__________________

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 13:24   #4
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
dear asc diary,

today i bought a 3pk of Coleman propane from Canadian tire and a cr2032 battery for my RDS, also bought a hotdog from the hotdog vendor outside and spilled ketchup on my track pants, that sucked.
__________________
pusangani is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 13:29   #5
Huge
formerly Huge94
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
dear asc diary,

today i bought a 3pk of Coleman propane from Canadian tire and a cr2032 battery for my RDS, also bought a hotdog from the hotdog vendor outside and spilled ketchup on my track pants, that sucked.
Gotta say, I LOLed.

OP, I was in the same predicament and also just got back in the game. Feels good. Enjoy.
Huge is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 13:55   #6
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Are you getting the wood kit for it? I've heard good things about wood.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 14:53   #7
dreamkiller
 
dreamkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninder View Post
After being out of the sport for a while due to affordability (university student), I'm back. I ordered a well mb08 from the states (airsoft gi) and it cleared customs yesterday. I'm soo excited, I wanted OD green but it was out of stock so I ended up purchasing tan. Got the gun for 25% off so a total of $110 excluding shipping.
Did you have to pay extra brokerage and tax? Also did you buy the Canadian upgrade package?
dreamkiller is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 15:38   #8
BioRage
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkiller View Post
Did you have to pay extra brokerage and tax? Also did you buy the Canadian upgrade package?
Upgrade package are for guns that shoot less then 366.

This sniper shoots ~440 fps, it'll clear perfectly.

The gun itself was low, $110, I HIGHLY doubt he had to pay brokerage and taxes.
BioRage is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 17:12   #9
dreamkiller
 
dreamkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Upgrade package are for guns that shoot less then 366.

This sniper shoots ~440 fps, it'll clear perfectly.

The gun itself was low, $110, I HIGHLY doubt he had to pay brokerage and taxes.
I thought the legal speed is 366 - 407? wouldn't 440 be considered controlled firearm?
My personal experience is that UPS always gets me into brokerage situations, other shipping companies have been fine for me. Hopefully he's not dealing with UPS.

Last edited by dreamkiller; April 25th, 2014 at 17:14..
dreamkiller is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 17:30   #10
BioRage
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkiller View Post
I thought the legal speed is 366 - 407? wouldn't 440 be considered controlled firearm?
My personal experience is that UPS always gets me into brokerage situations, other shipping companies have been fine for me. Hopefully he's not dealing with UPS.
Lol no. 366-500. Usually if your item is over $100 that's when you get hit with taxes and such. I order parts and stuff from Brownells a little over $100 and is fine. Upsp FTW. I know several people that grab WE rifles with discounts on GI and evike, but pay brokerage and taxes. Still cheaper then local.
BioRage is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 17:33   #11
DustMagnet
 
DustMagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkiller View Post
I thought the legal speed is 366 - 407? wouldn't 440 be considered controlled firearm?
My personal experience is that UPS always gets me into brokerage situations, other shipping companies have been fine for me. Hopefully he's not dealing with UPS.
366 is the lower limit to avoid the prohibited replica status. The upper limit for uncontrolled firearms is 500 fps and/or 5.7J muzzle energy.

UPS sucks.
DustMagnet is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 17:45   #12
dreamkiller
 
dreamkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Lol no. 366-500. Usually if your item is over $100 that's when you get hit with taxes and such. I order parts and stuff from Brownells a little over $100 and is fine. Upsp FTW. I know several people that grab WE rifles with discounts on GI and evike, but pay brokerage and taxes. Still cheaper then local.
I absolutely agree about UPSP, i ship with them on evike and even when it's like $200 i don't get any trouble. I always pay more for the UPSP option over the UPS one, but on airsoft GI i only seem to find UPS...
dreamkiller is offline  
Old April 25th, 2014, 18:08   #13
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMagnet View Post
366 is the lower limit to avoid the prohibited replica status. The upper limit for uncontrolled firearms is 500 fps and/or 5.7J muzzle energy.

UPS sucks.
DustMagnet wins 5 internets for getting both answers correctly!

Last edited by Armyissue; April 25th, 2014 at 18:12..
Armyissue is offline  
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:28   #14
Jay Henderson
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
yeah

I think you can allow it if there is a team that does it. But also if you do all assignments PapersBattle.com of work on time, then you can be allowed to use it. So I wish you good luck.
Jay Henderson is offline  
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:49   #15
hollywood...
retired cranky old man
 
hollywood...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a Van,.... Down by the River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Henderson View Post
I think you can allow it if there is a team that does it. But also if you do all assignments PapersBattle.com of work on time, then you can be allowed to use it. So I wish you good luck.
Fuck off with your spam
__________________
MODT - tu fui ego eris
hollywood... is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.