Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 14th, 2016, 09:18   #211
N_Force

Full procedure up dated how to tune up and mod

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.ph...&ref=bookmarks

Last edited by N_Force; January 14th, 2016 at 10:04..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2016, 13:02   #212
N_Force

Modify shells for better eject and prevent chance for broken push pin.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.ph...61915840719205

Old February 11th, 2016, 15:34   #213
J888

Hi I joined this forum specifically to thank everyone for their contribution to this gun especially N-Force you have provided the most useful and in depth knowledge thank you sir!
I have bought myself a CAM870SF but looking at everyone else's mine strangely has a threaded front barrel as standard? Also my shell tube can fit 5 + 1 in the chamber, this is standard also. Has APS released a second update to the SF perhaps?
I also bought an RS Remington for cheap but as N-Force has mentioned about the CAM879 pins being the same size and the RS being different sizes, have you any suggestions how I can attach this? Seeing as the threads on the scope mount are bigger than the pin holes on the receiver I can't think of anything other than buy another mount?
Anyway here's a pic of my shotgun (official Magpul parts)

Edit: err why is the attachment such crap quality??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (9.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by J888; February 11th, 2016 at 18:19..
J888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 00:19   #214
N_Force

Hey J888, the Remington scope mount, are both pin holes line up? If yes, you may just get the aps scope mount pins, check the link below:
http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php..._115&limit=100
This is all you need for RS parts that mount on two pins.
http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php...product_id=496

Quote:
Originally Posted by J888 View Post
Hi I joined this forum specifically to thank everyone for their contribution to this gun especially N-Force you have provided the most useful and in depth knowledge thank you sir!
I have bought myself a CAM870SF but looking at everyone else's mine strangely has a threaded front barrel as standard? Also my shell tube can fit 5 + 1 in the chamber, this is standard also. Has APS released a second update to the SF perhaps?
I also bought an RS Remington for cheap but as N-Force has mentioned about the CAM879 pins being the same size and the RS being different sizes, have you any suggestions how I can attach this? Seeing as the threads on the scope mount are bigger than the pin holes on the receiver I can't think of anything other than buy another mount?
Anyway here's a pic of my shotgun (official Magpul parts)

Edit: err why is the attachment such crap quality??

Last edited by N_Force; February 12th, 2016 at 00:22..
Old May 10th, 2016, 05:56   #215
dreadlock

Hi
I have the CAM870 T with the Gen 2 Bolt and I believe I'm experiencing light striking .

1 in every 12 shots I get a situation where the shell pin is not hit hard enough to set off the shell. Has anyone else experienced this ?
dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:04   #216
N_Force

How do you know it's light striking? Does it mean that every 12 pump and fire, then you have one weak strike by feeling? And it didn't fire? Or partial fired?

How old is your 870? How many pump you shot through it? When did you notice it happened? From day one or after a while ?

There are some points you could check based on your issue:
(If you're able to handle it)
1, remove the trigger assembly and take a look the hammer see any worn out at the point that strike the push pin.
2, take a look at the end of the push pin that strike by the hammer, most likely is deform or flat already, right?
3, take a look at the front end of the push pin see if it is deformed like a mushroom, if so, file or sand the edge to make it smaller prevent not strike into the shell release gas pin.
4, last is check all the shells, at the end of the release gas pin see if they are deformed or worn out?

Have fun!

Last edited by N_Force; May 10th, 2016 at 11:06..
Old May 10th, 2016, 13:10   #217
cav.

@dreadlock yeah I get that problems at times with mine too! My 870 pretty new, probably less than 200 racks, gamed it once and had some shells not going off, and cant eject the shell out unless I press the lever down. Sometimes the shell would go off when I rack it out lol. Need to check internals and see whats going on ;-;
Old May 10th, 2016, 14:54   #218
N_Force

Like I mentioned in other thread while ago, I'm not a gun doc but would like to share what I've learned from all the gas shotguns I have, particularly on APS & PPS both shotguns, so I'll have a 'Shotgun Workshop' in Action Air Canada in Mississauga Ontario soon, possible will be next month in June, if you are in Toronto area and would like to attend, even in the future, planning to have 'gas gun workshop' too. Stay tuned!

Last edited by N_Force; May 10th, 2016 at 15:02..
Old May 10th, 2016, 17:07   #219
N_Force

Cav, your aow is a bit difficult since it was disassembled For shipping, when I did assemble it back, I'd found that some of the parts are not really good. I told you I didn't have spare parts for back up so I didn't do too far and also I was busy with AAC at the same time. If you could come to the shotgun workshop, that would be good see what we could do. Even I'll try to get connection to import some APS parts that got problems the most for anyone need them t replace and fix.

Old May 10th, 2016, 18:10   #220
cav.

Sounds good N_Force I will await your workshop! Dont worry, I know the ejector arms are no good, dont worry! Trying to get extra set so maybe can modify a bit more
Old May 10th, 2016, 20:22   #221
dreadlock

Thanks gents for the speedy responses.

The 870 is 2 months old and fired 300 shells max.
Push pin is neither mushroomed on shell end or on hammer end ( although there are strike marks).

The light striking ( cant think of a better term )
If the shell doesnt go off when struck if i reload it into the tube re rack the same shell the second strike sets it off.

The gun has done it from new so i dont believe it is caused by wear. I have 38 shells and it isnt the same shells it appears to be random. And none of the shells are that worn.

I fully stripped the mech and checked full trigger assembly and can't find any excessive wear.

I have removed the pushrod sheild to see if it was added friction ect and repoved the vast amount of grease it was shipped with.

Bit stumped if im honest.

Thanks
Dreadlock (PS I'm from the uk and the 870 is rare here so though id head over here )
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:13   #222
N_Force

Next issue I'd found year ago from mine 870, and recently from Cav's new aow, is that after you racked and loaded shell in chamber, the pump would be locked by pump lock, but it still remain 2-3mm space to be moved back and forth, that could be the reason, even when it's new.
Check yours after pumped and locked, lightly move the forend back and forth to see how much spacing it has, keep an eye on the bolt front you'll see. If so, that mostly is the problem. That means when you pull trigger, you have to keep the forend push forward and minimize the spacing that could block the hammer striking the push pin.
Cav you have the same issue that I told you if you remember It? Try it see, hope that is it!

Last edited by N_Force; May 11th, 2016 at 09:18..
Old May 11th, 2016, 12:13   #223
dreadlock

Thankyou I will check it out tonight.

Here is a vid it it working in action and right at the end shooting a mate with a shell loaded with a de-stoned olive.

https://youtu.be/UwosYaZaGE0

Dreadlock
Old May 11th, 2016, 14:20   #224
cav.

Yea I still have the same issues, but I never thought that it could be the bit of spacing when you rack it forward. I will have to see! That does make sense though. Wonder if there is anyway to modify it so it doesnt have that 2-3mm of play.
Old May 11th, 2016, 16:10   #225
N_Force

The easy way to have a quick fix is file the bottom end of the bolt in narrow angle possible 15/20 degree, way up to the bottom of push pin, this spacing could allow the hammer strike straight on the end of push pin without being forend pull back that 2-3mm to block or disturb the hammer strike.
BUT, the trade off could be reduce the power of the shot out since the shell could have been pull back 2mm and when the wad past through the edge and slow it down.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion