Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Open chamber WE M4/Scar/PDW/G39/l85

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 5th, 2012, 18:53   #166
razorbutt

Hey guys, question for you. I picked up a we m4 last week. Today was the first day I got to shoot bbs through it. I noticed there is wear on the rear edge of the Feed lip ( not sure what it's called) here's a pic I took. It seems like the bottom part of the bolt carrier is hitting it. There's no feeding issues or anything I was just wondering if it's normal.

Here's the part

Team Habagat
razorbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 21:35   #167
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksoda View Post
Got an We scar couple days ago installed the npas kit. Fully open shooting at 540-560 almost closed 440-470 with .2s . T_T I need to get it at 360 with .2 at least. Ant suggestions?
My SCAR shoots in the low 300s fully closed and up to 550ish when fully open... maybe you are not opening the valve enought...

I got a closed bolt that was converted with a OB kit from Redwolf and NPAS added... might have something to do with your stock gun and import laws back when it was brought in... They might had to enlarge the gas path in the nozzle...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:48   #168
pinksoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
Lighter floating valve spring (like that of a pistol). Or try to buy the standard nozzle, I think what you guys get in Canada is modified to come shooting as hot as your laws require.

Fox.

Where can i get the standard nozzle? I see one on airsoft global spesifically for scar. Now i dont know if it will be the same as the stock one which i currently have where i didnt have to cut off a little bit of the nozzle because mine was already gone. It did not have one like the ones on the m4s. It was just flat. Where can i buy one?

Last edited by pinksoda; June 6th, 2012 at 07:01..
pinksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 13:35   #169
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksoda View Post
Where can i get the standard nozzle? I see one on airsoft global spesifically for scar. Now i dont know if it will be the same as the stock one which i currently have where i didnt have to cut off a little bit of the nozzle because mine was already gone. It did not have one like the ones on the m4s. It was just flat. Where can i buy one?
Try THIS one.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 14:31   #170
Kos-Mos

Bought my replacement at AirsoftGlobal (they where the ONLY place in stock when I ordered).

Gun still shoots between 330 and 550.
Old June 6th, 2012, 15:59   #171
pinksoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Bought my replacement at AirsoftGlobal (they where the ONLY place in stock when I ordered).

Gun still shoots between 330 and 550.
So did it appear to look the same as the stock nozzle? Like you guys said that the stock nozzle(that came with the gun) could have been modified to contain more gas to meet the LAW.
Old June 6th, 2012, 22:24   #172
Kos-Mos

It's exactly the same as the kit nozzle I got (my SCAR was originally a CB version, upped with a kit to OB).
Old June 8th, 2012, 13:30   #173
unknownvariable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
If you buy local then maybe, if you have to buy and ship in Canada, no it's not worth it.

BTW
RA-Tech's Aluminium nozzle w/ NPAS is out.
$85 for the Nozzle+NPAS
$178 for the Complete Bolt carrier, NPAS, and Joint tool (saves $10, the two nozzle holder are included...not sure if it's the aluminium CNC version or the stock plastic one.

Personally I have some reservation on the aluminium nozzle's NPAS design.
Well at the time you couldn't get the mags here so you wouldn't have had the choice if you were in a hurry. Now you can. At the time, when I priced it out it came to $~35-55/mag depending on where you go and volume. It is a toss up if you get stuck with taxes. So it seems close but now you can get them local I wouldn't bother with the foreign effort.

The NPAS in the nozzle seems limited in movement. The video RA tech put out had the lower end still above 400fps. People started commenting and complaining about that and RA tech responded to a few asking for more input so it seems like they will change it if they can.

The complete bolt does include the aluminum nozzle. If it were the plastic one and npas it would/should be noticebly cheaper. I have mine on order. Should have it in 2-3 weeks. Time to market from announcement had a huge gap.

Last edited by unknownvariable; June 8th, 2012 at 14:09.. Reason: for the love of edits
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 23:44   #174
unknownvariable

fyi.. the aluminum nozzles are back ordered from where I purchased mine (there aren't many that have them on their site yet). I was sent an email with the following.

"Please note that since WE aluminum nozzle takes long time to produce, there will be a couple of shipments. The 1st shipment (6/6) released about 25pcs and we have shipped each of them according to the priority of orders received date. The 2nd shipment, as estimated, will be at the end of June. Please patiently wait."

Definitely nice to get an email. I ordered mine around 5/26 so it will be a bit of wait. Just an fyi if anyone else was looking into the nozzle or complete bolt.
Old June 12th, 2012, 00:51   #175
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownvariable View Post
fyi.. the aluminum nozzles are back ordered from where I purchased mine (there aren't many that have them on their site yet). I was sent an email with the following.

"Please note that since WE aluminum nozzle takes long time to produce, there will be a couple of shipments. The 1st shipment (6/6) released about 25pcs and we have shipped each of them according to the priority of orders received date. The 2nd shipment, as estimated, will be at the end of June. Please patiently wait."

Definitely nice to get an email. I ordered mine around 5/26 so it will be a bit of wait. Just an fyi if anyone else was looking into the nozzle or complete bolt.
I have connections with RA-Tech, second shipment for the aluminum nozzles will be at the end of this month. The aluminum nozzles will NOT be compatible with the RA-Tech aluminum nozzle guides. RA-Tech will be releasing a steel nozzle guide to minimize wear. These will be released at the end of this month along with the second batch of aluminum nozzles. I should of 3 nozzles and steel guides inbound at the end of the month
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:24   #176
unknownvariable

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
I have connections with RA-Tech, second shipment for the aluminum nozzles will be at the end of this month.
That's what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
The aluminum nozzles will NOT be compatible with the RA-Tech aluminum nozzle guides. RA-Tech will be releasing a steel nozzle guide to minimize wear. These will be released at the end of this month along with the second batch of aluminum nozzles. I should of 3 nozzles and steel guides inbound at the end of the month
Great..something else I will have to get..
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:30   #177
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
Ah thanks! Somehow I missed it.

Also, I've had an issue with my M14 last game. I think my bolt catch is starting to be worn down, but the bolt wouldn't lock back when I was out of rounds, but it would hold just fine if I just pulled back the charging handle, sorta like if the bolt catch didn't have the time to get in place when firing. Is it simply because the bolt catch needs to be changed or the spring in it is too weak?

Thanks!
Well I bought the Ra-tech kit and somehow it was binding and I couldn't move the charging handle at all. Tried again with the stock one and now it works correctly (the spring was probably not installed correctly).

However now, it locks back when there's exactly 1 BB left, and when it's empty. Any idea why?

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 23:10   #178
LongStone

some new lower receivers available
http://www.enten.co.jp/pulsE-WEM4.html
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:12   #179
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongStone View Post
some new lower receivers available
http://www.enten.co.jp/pulsE-WEM4.html
I wouldnt mind getting a few of those
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:22   #180
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Anyone know if the trigger valve (The one the knocker hits when you pull the trigger) on the M4 magazines can be taken apart? One of mine is gummed up with something and while I can replace it, I do have the tools and time to work on it.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications