Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACM M500 Shotgun spread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 15th, 2012, 14:58   #1
ap27

ACM M500 Shotgun spread

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out

Does this thing have a hopup? I fired a few test shots and the BBs seem to spread like crazy after about 20 feet. Basically in different directions. Other videos i've seen tend to have a close group of 5 BBs that gradually becomes larger. Is there something I can adjust to lessen the spread at the beginning?

Advice?

Last edited by ap27; May 15th, 2012 at 16:22..
ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 17:17   #2
Grizzly0679

according to the reviews I've read there is no hop up on that shotty

I have no idea about the reducing the spread on an airsoft shotty only perhaps modifying the barrel so it fires more of a horizontal spread. I know you can add a "choke" to a real shotty to reduce spread but not sure how to go about doing this. I'd be interested to hear ShelledPants's take on this.

20 feet doesn't sound bad though. Shotty's are good to about 150feet so an airsoft shotty being max effective at say 60feet would sound about right. Maybe even less. If they're spreading by 20 feet that doesn't sound too bad. I'd have to see it in person to really say for sure.

that's my 0.02$
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 17:57   #3
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
The only way to alter the spead is change the weight of bb you are using.

-alex

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 18:27   #4
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
according to the reviews I've read there is no hop up on that shotty

I have no idea about the reducing the spread on an airsoft shotty only perhaps modifying the barrel so it fires more of a horizontal spread. I know you can add a "choke" to a real shotty to reduce spread but not sure how to go about doing this. I'd be interested to hear ShelledPants's take on this.

20 feet doesn't sound bad though. Shotty's are good to about 150feet so an airsoft shotty being max effective at say 60feet would sound about right. Maybe even less. If they're spreading by 20 feet that doesn't sound too bad. I'd have to see it in person to really say for sure.

that's my 0.02$
No idea, I've never handled an M500 shotgun. :\ Sorry.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 20:36   #5
coach
aka coachster

Didn't you handle mine one night at TTAC?

Anyway, the only way I modify the spread is with bb weight as mentioned. Lighter BB's will cause a wider pattern at short range and is less likely to stay on the targets center mass and flight is more erratic. Heavy BB's with get you a tighter pattern at longer range but you must account for the additional weight which will decrease overall fps and ultimately distance.

I consider usable weights with a 5 BB per shot acm m500 as the following:

.12's - wide pattern at shorter range
.2's - narrower pattern and moderate range
.25's - tight pattern at shorter range

YMMV!

I don't have specifics as I don't have the space to test but this is from testing and skirmishing at TTAC back in April when I finally modified it to hold gas. (holding a full charge for over a month now) I have also tried .28's but the drop off in fps is significantly diminished since there is no hopup.

My best recommendation is to create a mix that is suitable for the conditions you play in. Something like 1:2:1 .12's:.2's:.25's for a balanced mix. Personally, I just use all .2's or all .25's and just deal with it.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:39   #6
Grizzly0679

dammit! I was gonna say say heavier bbs...

The only right thing to do now is change my original post and then accuse people of copying my idea.
brb
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion