Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Poll: ATacs IX (more green or more tan)

:

Gear Discussion

View Poll Results: ATacs IX: Mostly Tan or Green based?
Green based camo containing tan... 17 73.91%
Tan based camo containing green... 1 4.35%
It's exactly equal/impossible to tell??? 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3rd, 2017, 18:14   #1
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Poll: ATacs IX (more green or more tan)

Clearly it's a transitional pattern like Multicam, but Multicam is on the tan spectrum with a bit of green in/on it. What's the community think? Also, if anyone has hosted a green versus tan game, which side did you, or would you, put it on? Thanks.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 19:01   #2
Datawraith

Just for your information Ricochet, some of the organizers in Southern Ontario just end up classifying any and all ATACS to be tan; makes things simpler as from a distance, ATACS patterns do tend to look quite tan.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 20:55   #3
Amos

From the pictures it looks green to me...
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 21:17   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Need to see pics in the field.
AOR2 looks obviously green when in a green environment and obviously tan in a tan environment.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 21:33   #5
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Need to see pics in the field.
AOR2 looks obviously green when in a green environment and obviously tan in a tan environment.
Except that AOR2 contains no tan. It's doing its job, like Multicam, it looks like it's environment, but it's usually going to be classified as one, or the other. I'll see if I can find some environment pics.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 21:42   #6
Datawraith

If you take a look at the pics you posted Ricochet, I've a feeling the pattern would depend on how much black is in it.

The first pic of the jacket has quite a bit of black and feels green (it's darker), whereas the second pic of the shirt has a lighter pattern and feels tan in my opinion.

I dunno... I mean, ATACS FG looks green from photos, but the guys wearing it in game often say they get shot at by both sides cause it ends up looking like tan -_-
Old May 3rd, 2017, 21:58   #7
graff

hope it's ok.. found these on google.. couple are screen caps from youtube videos

Last edited by graff; May 3rd, 2017 at 22:08..
graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 22:04   #8
Ricochet

I'm always leary of 'in environment' pictures, because they're so easy to cheat with. Basically find the perfect spot and take a picture.

Old May 4th, 2017, 00:24   #9
Kozure

Seen A-TACS IX in person in stores and in videos but never live in action on a field.

I would personally classify it and A-TACS FG as green. I've seen A-TACS FG in action on a field and I would never feel it looked tan except in the brightest of sunlight on top of a really tan rock outcropping or field.

A-TACS AU is definitely tan.

Last edited by Kozure; May 4th, 2017 at 00:37..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 00:32   #10
ThunderCactus

but this isnt about FG or AU lol
Old May 4th, 2017, 00:36   #11
Kozure

Quote:
but this isnt about FG or AU lol
I responded to the original question, stating that A-TACS IX is green IMO. Someone else had noted:
Quote:
Just for your information Ricochet, some of the organizers in Southern Ontario just end up classifying any and all ATACS to be tan; makes things simpler as from a distance, ATACS patterns do tend to look quite tan.
...so I responded to that as well.
Old May 4th, 2017, 11:13   #12
Ricochet

I don't care how it reacts to environment, well I do, but that's another issue. When organizing games, often it's split via green versus tan camo, which has nothing to do with how the camo looks in environment. If the camo is fully tan, but for some reason looks fully green whilst among the trees, it's still tan, thus on the tan side. It just does a good job of being disruptive. If you place a good transitional pattern in desert it will appear tan and appear green in the jungle, but standing front an centre they are typically based one colour scheme, or, more one than the other. So if you were playing in an environment totally devoid of green or tan colours, and where still separating camo into green based camos versus tan based camos, which side does IX fall into? I'm not sure I'd just lump it with all other ATacs, same as Multicam arid and Multicam tropic wouldn't be on the same side.
Old May 4th, 2017, 12:02   #13
Datawraith

That's... an interesting way to split the camo. The whole point of splitting it by green or tan is for IFF in how it looks in environment isn't it? If I'm on green and I see a tan looking guy, I'm going to shoot him regardless if his camo is green outside of environment. (Hence what I was saying about ATACS FG; sure, next to black asphalt it looks green, but put it next to lush vegetation, and it starts to look pretty tan)

I'm assuming this poll is due to someone having IX and was wondering which side they'd be on? Why not have them do some trials and find out in the AO that they'll be running it in on a skirm day or something? If it looks green, then it's green and vice versa.
Old May 4th, 2017, 13:00   #14
ThunderCactus

Well if their tan camo looks green in a green environment, and they get FFd, then really it's their own fault for their camo doing exactly what it's supposed to do and exactly what they wanted it to do lol
Old May 4th, 2017, 14:05   #15
Kozure

Quote:
I'm assuming this poll is due to someone having IX and was wondering which side they'd be on? Why not have them do some trials and find out in the AO that they'll be running it in on a skirm day or something? If it looks green, then it's green and vice versa.
That's not a bad idea at all.

However, a fly in the ointment is that some people have never been to a field before and have been assigned a team in advance, so they need to know what outfit to bring, and knowing whether the organizers classify A-TACS IX as green or tan would be important.

I suppose that would generate the need to check with the organizers in advance.

Out of curiousity, it's my understanding that (most?) organizers consider MultiCam to be tan. Is this correct? Most of my outdoor play has been with people who knew each other well enough to know which team they were on by their kit, and none of the games I've played at indoor fields thus far break teams up along green/tan lines.

Quote:
Well if their tan camo looks green in a green environment, and they get FFd, then really it's their own fault for their camo doing exactly what it's supposed to do and exactly what they wanted it to do lol
I'm curious about how often this is happening. I'm planning on wearing A-TACS FG out to my next outdoor field event... We'll see!

Certainly I wouldn't fault someone for team-killing me if I was on green thinking that I was tan, because there is enough tan/grey in the pattern to make the error, but I really do think it's an overall green pattern, and A-TACS IX almost, but not quite, to the same degree.

Last edited by Kozure; May 4th, 2017 at 14:15..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion