Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:40   #271
Saberwing
 
Saberwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, ON
How is everybody's gun performing in the cold? I'm getting about 60 shots a mag fill still in around -10. ROF is significantly slower then in hot weather.
__________________
KJW Mk18 MOD1 BLOCK 2 - Well VSR-10 - Les Baer Ultimate Recon
Saberwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:38   #272
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical
 
Cobrajr122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
How is everybody's gun performing in the cold? I'm getting about 60 shots a mag fill still in around -10. ROF is significantly slower then in hot weather.
I recently took the rifle out in -13C, single shot was fine, got about 5 rounds off in auto then the mag vented.
Around -5C though its been working just fine.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:51   #273
andrew321
 
andrew321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Anyone have any information pertaining to upcoming parts/upgrade releases? I'm interested whats coming down the pipes.

A new Napas version would be nice...

Other then that, can't say anything else even needs swapping.
andrew321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:00   #274
Ghostnote
 
Ghostnote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Markham
What kind of sling plate would fit onto the kjw m4? the buffer tube doesn't seem to have the notch other gbbrs have.
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:13   #275
f3600
 
f3600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe,Quebec
used one from a standard gbbr. The buffer tube keep it in place.
__________________
f3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 15:28   #276
loafing_smurf
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Sorry if this question has already been asked and I couldnt find the answer in the thread.

What is the flat trajectory range of the KJW M4A1?

Redwolf Airsoft did a 20 meter test, but how far can it shoot a BB before the accuracy goes completely off?
loafing_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:34   #277
audi_bhoy
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trois-Rivières
Still no updates on STANAG mags? Cradle has nothing on this on their website, and LAW-Airsoft doesn't seem either...
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 17:43   #278
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM
 
Pinard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quebec, Saint-Hyacinthe
well at least its a reliable gbbr.. I had a WE scar...never gamed it...mags kept leaking
__________________
Retired chairsofter
Pinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 17:52   #279
baker_Jeff
 
baker_Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
I think that's just a bot.
__________________
Founder of Capital Airsoft in Edmonton

Out of the Game 04/22/16
baker_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 18:01   #280
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM
 
Pinard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quebec, Saint-Hyacinthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker_Jeff View Post
I think that's just a bot.
that would be logic
__________________
Retired chairsofter
Pinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 03:15   #281
HKp30
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Just picked up a KJW m4 QCB, awesome gun, easily my favorite of all airsoft gun's ive owned, mainly AEG's and some WE GBBR's.

Aiming for accuracy, PDI Tightbore that was cut to fit, I shimmed the tight bore/inner barrel to a perfect fit along with a free float RIS.

Custom Drilled top down hop-up adjust with grub set screw

Next on the list is the hop-up arm, it has a bit of wobble and I was curious if anyone was able to shape it like an SCS nub, shredders concave spacer.

Or fit a VSR-10 bucking like the firefly with the "V" nub, or another bucking with the KWA style bucking with the finger looking things. I had great luck with SCS Nubs or "V" buckings and would like to get one to test on the KJW.
HKp30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 16:41   #282
grantmac
 
grantmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKp30 View Post
Just picked up a KJW m4 QCB, awesome gun, easily my favorite of all airsoft gun's ive owned, mainly AEG's and some WE GBBR's.

Aiming for accuracy, PDI Tightbore that was cut to fit, I shimmed the tight bore/inner barrel to a perfect fit along with a free float RIS.

Custom Drilled top down hop-up adjust with grub set screw

Next on the list is the hop-up arm, it has a bit of wobble and I was curious if anyone was able to shape it like an SCS nub, shredders concave spacer.

Or fit a VSR-10 bucking like the firefly with the "V" nub, or another bucking with the KWA style bucking with the finger looking things. I had great luck with SCS Nubs or "V" buckings and would like to get one to test on the KJW.
I've removed the outer nub on the bucking and removed a little bit of material on the end of the hop-up arm to allow me to use an SCS. Its slightly more complicated then that, but it sounds like you could figure it out.

I'm very curious about your modifications to the tightbore and especially that grub-screw hop-up. Can you post some close-up pictures?

I've got plans to shim the hop-up arm to remove that slop. Honestly though its been shooting fairly well so I don't want to mess with it, on the other hand it is overhopping slightly and I'd like to eliminate that.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 16:57   #283
HKp30
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
I've removed the outer nub on the bucking and removed a little bit of material on the end of the hop-up arm to allow me to use an SCS. Its slightly more complicated then that, but it sounds like you could figure it out.

I'm very curious about your modifications to the tightbore and especially that grub-screw hop-up. Can you post some close-up pictures?

I've got plans to shim the hop-up arm to remove that slop. Honestly though its been shooting fairly well so I don't want to mess with it, on the other hand it is overhopping slightly and I'd like to eliminate that.

-Grant
Sure I’ll post some pictures of the shimming and the set screw.

Basically there is a hole tapped from the top of the rail down through where the gas tube goes directly over the hop-up arm. I managed to get a perfect size set screw that sits exactly flush with the rail which sets the hop-up exactly where I need it.


Can you post pictures of your SCS mod? Did you attach the SCS to the arm or does it sit on top of the bucking loose?
HKp30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 19:57   #284
HKp30
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Top Down Hop-Up adjust





Barrel shim using metal sheets, you can see it fully wraps around the barrel for a very snug fit. Thickness of metal sheets needed may be different depending on your barrel.


HKp30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 20:50   #285
Saberwing
 
Saberwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, ON
Still waiting on those STANAG mags... I have 7 thermolds, but getting them in and out of pouches is a bitch if they're double stacked
__________________
KJW Mk18 MOD1 BLOCK 2 - Well VSR-10 - Les Baer Ultimate Recon
Saberwing is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.