Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 25th, 2015, 15:42   #871
N.G.

I probably should have read the entire write up before uploading my previous post. The WE BBU is not compatible, so I ordered:

Guns Modify BBU
Guarder loading nozzle
Guarder piston lid
AIP hopup
N.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 21:32   #872
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Hey guys,

What is a good night sight, preferable a tritium night site, as I dont want glow in the dark paint, that would fit on a PGC slide? The gunsmodify one is sold out everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; February 2nd, 2015 at 10:25..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:49   #873
Animalmother

How reliable are your glocks?

I've used mine and noticed that they are a bit lacking in the power department when the refs called out people not calling thier hit.

Especially at ranges over 50'. I would use green gas but that would me I would have to shell out 150 or more for the guarder and slide. I already have a guarder recoil spring and hammer spring. Just need the PGC slid and guarder frame and I should be OK right?
I know all these aftermarket parts can be a PIA similar to how aegs have parts that don't fit, like my shs air nozzle and g&p gearbox.

I installed only a nineball vsr bucking and first factory 6.03 barrel. I use duster gas, but as I said people were not calling hits often after 50', even direct headshots. I fired 10' f/a on a guys boot and he told me the only way he knew I hit his was when we physically saw BBS hitting him rolling off his plates carrier.

Last edited by Animalmother; February 2nd, 2015 at 10:17..
Animalmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 19:10   #874
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post

I've used mine and noticed that they are a bit lacking in the power department when the refs called out people not calling thier hit.

Especially at ranges over 50'. I would use green gas but that would me I would have to shell out 150 or more for the guarder and slide. I already have a guarder recoil spring and hammer spring. Just need the PGC slid and guarder frame and I should be OK right?
I know all these aftermarket parts can be a PIA similar to how aegs have parts that don't fit, like my shs air nozzle and g&p gearbox.

I installed only a nineball vsr bucking and first factory 6.03 barrel. I use duster gas, but as I said people were not calling hits often after 50', even direct headshots. I fired 10' f/a on a guys boot and he told me the only way he knew I hit his was when we physically saw BBS hitting him rolling off his plates carrier.
I've used stock TMs with green gas and have had no issues so far. You may wish to upgrade to that if your slide has metal reinforcements at the tip and at the slide lock notch. No modification will have as much of an effect as changing your gas.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 19:17   #875
turok_t

Caspian brothers- Guarder frames, full steel internals, internals modded for smooth cycling, 6.01 inner barrel, 300-330fps, maximized gas efficiency to shoot more than 1 full mag of bb's with 1 fill of gas.

Last edited by turok_t; October 6th, 2017 at 21:05..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 20:07   #876
Noxas

Hey guys; just dusted off my old TM glock 26 advance. Realized however; not to sure how, but my front sight was missing. Anyone know how to just get a cheap replacement? Are the glock 17/18 front sights workable on the 26? will the other brands front sight fit in neatly? Only place ive been able to find one is in hong kong from guarder; in which case shipping is as much as the part itself =/

thanks in advance!
Noxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 13:36   #877
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.G. View Post
I ordered a Guarder frame & Prime G34 slide for my G18c. Was able to transfer all parts with no issues, except for the stock blow back unit. I filed the BBU a bit where I thought it was hitting. It looks like the BBU is all the way in, but, it covers the slide grooves. You can see this in the first picture below. I am starting to think they sent me a slide for another model glock. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thoughts?

These RMR slides, require a specialize BBU do they not?
They usually come with the slide....
Old February 16th, 2015, 13:38   #878
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxas View Post
Hey guys; just dusted off my old TM glock 26 advance. Realized however; not to sure how, but my front sight was missing. Anyone know how to just get a cheap replacement? Are the glock 17/18 front sights workable on the 26? will the other brands front sight fit in neatly? Only place ive been able to find one is in hong kong from guarder; in which case shipping is as much as the part itself =/

thanks in advance!
Yes they are.

After market sights will work. But "neatly" will never be case. You may need to modify the sight to fit.

If you have a plastic one, you can prolly bash the steel one in there. lol.
More friction is the tighter and better the sight will be held in place...
Old February 16th, 2015, 13:42   #879
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post

When in doubt:

recoils spring, metal slides and frames don't contribute to upgrading your range. Those are durability spec upgrades.

If you want range, switch BBs, upgrade the bucking and tight bore.

Or you can just <gasp>
Use your primary. and hose the fuckers down...
Old February 16th, 2015, 13:43   #880
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Caspian brothers- Guarder frames, full steel internals, internals modded for smooth cycling, 6.01 inner barrel, 300-330fps, maximized gas efficiency to shoot more than 1 full mag of bb's with 1 fill of gas.

I hate that you made that Caspian even more beautiful and functional.
Those look great!
Old February 18th, 2015, 00:39   #881
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the guarder tight bore barrels, currently have a g34 project and from what I know they are supposed to be 116mm in length. was gona go with a PDI hi capa 5.1 inner but im scared because its too short it might cause issues as it exits the barrel.

PDI has a 6 inch barrel but thats too long. any ideas?
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 23:28   #882
Silver_Back

Two Slides kit

Hi guy, thanks for the awesome thread.
It to me two weeks to go throught it and got a load of information.

I got a little project with my tokyo Marui G17 Custom (tinted lower)
If i understood clearly, its the weakest of all the frames. So Ill try the MaybeStopCalling front post fix.

My project have two slides, I can swap.
#1) slide I can use on duster gaz for my Basemant shooting
#2) a slide i can use propane/GG for the outdoor shooting

I am looking for ,smoothness, precision, felt Recoil and durability.

#1) Duster Slide: Most parts will stay stock.
Guns Modify Zero Hammer Full Set w/ 150% Hammer Spring for Tokyo Marui
Nine Ball Enhanced Magazine Lip Seal for Tokyo Marui

#2)Propane/GG Slide

Aluminium Slide + Outter Barrel
I was looking for the PGC PGC Aluminium Slide & Outer Barrel Set for Marui G17
Recoil spring &Guide
Guarder MARUI Glock 17 Enhanced Recoil Spring Guide + 150% Enhanced Hammer Spring Included.
Hammer Set
Guns Modify Zero Hammer Full Set w/ 150% Hammer Spring for Tokyo Marui
Blow Back Housing
original TM or
the Guns Modify CNC G17 Blow Back Housing Set
Nozzle
Airsoft Surgeon Super Hard Loading Nozzle for Marui Glock 17 / 26
Nozzle Valve Set
Original TM or Guarder Reinforced Nozzle Valve Set for Marui G17 / G26 ?
Hop-up
Tokyo Marui Glock 17 Original Parts or T.S.C. CNC Aluminum Hop-Up Chamber for Marui G17/G18C
Inner Barrel
Tanio Koba Hop Twist Barrel for Marui Glock 17/P226
Hop-up Rubber
PDI W HOLD CHAMBER PACKING for Tokyo Marui VSR and Marui Pistol
Sight
Guarder Steel Night Sight for Marui G17

My questions are:

Slide Aluminium
Is the PGC PGC Aluminium Slide & Outer Barrel still the safest choice in drop-in and fit ?

Blow Back Housing
Should I go with the original TM BBU or the Guns Modify CNC G17 Blow Back Housing Set for Tokyo Marui G17
would be a better choice (Considering my felt recoil goal)

Is there parts I am better keeping Original TM^

If one of the glock wizards have advise, comments or anything else let me know. ;-)
Thanks in advance

Silver_Back
Silver_Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 00:28   #883
e-luder

Quote:
Slide Aluminium
Is the PGC PGC Aluminium Slide & Outer Barrel still the safest choice in drop-in and fit ?
For the price, yes.
You can either buy that or a SHooter's Design slide. They are about the same price range and they both have similar fitting. Although, the Shooter's Design slides have a looser tolerance than the PGC ones.

If your budget is a bit higher, you can get something like the Bowie Tactical Custom slides. TO date, it's one of the best fitting slides I had ever worked with. ...consistantly, I might add.

Quote:
Blow Back Housing
Should I go with the original TM BBU or the Guns Modify CNC G17 Blow Back Housing Set for Tokyo Marui G17
would be a better choice (Considering my felt recoil goal)
If you want felt recoil, the Guns Modify lightweight blowback housing won't help you. It will make it so that you feel LESS recoil.

If you want more felt recoil, you need to make the weight of slide heavier. Not lighter. And with minimal resistance from the recoil spring.

Quote:
Is there parts I am better keeping Original TM^
All of it.
THe only thing that i would recommend you changing out the hammer spring. THe rest is "if it's not broke, don't fix it" type deal.
Old March 18th, 2015, 00:35   #884
e-luder

This thread is really out of date.

I should really update it. lol.
Old March 18th, 2015, 01:48   #885
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Nice to see my fix is gaining traction. I have about a thousand rounds since I last posted, with the majority of them fired using MAPP gas instead of Green Gas. The pin is still solidly in place, and there is no cracking/deformation of the frame. The thing is really showing its wear though... throwing it across the floor of the Mach 1 Arena by accident didn't do it any favours.

On the upgrade/stock list: Nine Ball Hop Bucking, TK Twist Barrel, and Hammer Spring. Else just upgrade it when it breaks. Oh, and the sights. The TM sights suck. SUCK.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications