Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

airsoft smg suggestions

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 6th, 2013, 21:54   #16
Issei

well it is also good cuz i know a bunch of places who are selling the gun near meand im not to worried about mags i am ussaully ok on ammo
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:01   #17
Issei

but im still open to suggestions on smg ect
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:03   #18
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issei View Post
well it is also good cuz i know a bunch of places who are selling the gun near meand im not to worried about mags i am ussaully ok on ammo
There are other problems with gas weapons, especially full auto gas weapons, doubly so in machine pistols. It won't work at all in cool weather. And full auto, plus smallish pistol style mags, means even on warm days, cooldown will be a serious issue. (Cooldown is when rapid firing causes the mag to go cold due to the rapid decrease in gas pressure, which in turn causes the remaining gas to contract, causing further pressure losses and thus reducing the power of your shots.)

If you have your heart set on it, then that's that. But I highly advise against it as a primary weapon.
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:07   #19
Issei

ya i know theres alot of down falls with gas and this gun so ive heard will not lock the bolt back when you run outta ammo and the cool down plus u know we live in canada so its cold and hot
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:22   #20
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
ya i know theres alot of down falls with gas and this gun so ive heard will not lock the bolt back when you run outta ammo and the cool down plus u know we live in canada so its cold and hot
Alot of gas guns have the issue where they won't always lock back on an empty mag, it has to do with the temperature shifts in the materials mostly. This gets worse in full auto gas weapons. And yeah, environmental temperature is definitely an issue. It generally needs to be at least 15C to get any decent performance out of gas weapons, and more like 20C or better to get good performance. We don't see temperatures like that as much as more southern places do.
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:25   #21
Issei

ya i wanna find a smg which is metal or high quality poly on the outside and metal inside
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:43   #22
Kuro_Neko

Quote:
ya i wanna find a smg which is metal or high quality poly on the outside and metal inside
You're probably going to want Classic Army or G&P to get that, but they'll both be outside your stated budget.
Old August 6th, 2013, 22:57   #23
Issei

well I dont want it to break with crappy plastic parts
Old August 7th, 2013, 00:45   #24
e-luder

Quote:
i already know i want something small compact and fast firing
No love for the MP9!?
Polymer body BUT you can upgrade all the internals to metal if you want to including the loading muzzle. That's what I did to mine.

It has all the characteristics you listed here...
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:01   #25
mzo

Here is my two cents,

I have the KWA MP7 (gas blowback) and love it. I use it for CQB and I plan on making it my primary after seeing people use it effectively in large outdoor milsims by adding the Angry Gun suppressor. However the mags cost around $45-$65.

I have not used the MAC11 (gas blowback) but from what I have been told it is a spray and pray gun... sights are not important as it's not really meant for aiming and shooting.

My recommendation if you want an electric gun (and as has already been mentioned) get an MP5, CYMA makes good durable mid-range MP5s for around $200-$260, and the mags are cheap.

Also consider visiting stores, if you are able to, and get a feel for the guns before you buy any.

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:58   #26
ecnerual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zab View Post
but they also make a fake wood with plastic lower receiver (the body is full metal tho) for around $250 area... I highly recommend it my friend !
I would second this Idea ! This gun is seeling for 179$ + taxes + shipping ! Wich is very cheap for the performances you will get ! and the plastic lower isnt some sort of bad plastic !
ecnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:23   #27
Issei

i just dont like the feel of the fake stuff
Old August 7th, 2013, 15:42   #28
Lockark

If your just starting out a Dboys AKS can be realy fun, and then you can use the mags/Gear in a load out for a full sized CYMA AKM if you want to upgrade to playing woodlands latter. Helps get you out their playing quickly when on a budget.

(The only part you can get abit stuck on is upgrading to a Grenade Launcher latter on for the AKM if you want to advance into being a grenadier. Alot of the Airsoft GP's are hit and miss from what I've read.)

You could in theory do the same idea with the AR platform, by getting one of the compact AR variants. I don't know any specific ones I could sujest thow in the lower price points.

Last edited by Lockark; August 7th, 2013 at 15:50..
Lockark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 16:11   #29
Crimzzen

Take a look at KWA MP9 or a G&G Mp5. I love both of mine, very fine guns.
Crimzzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 13:18   #30
Issei

im leaning towards an electric smg if i can find one gas is looking really to much money

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank