Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Lightweight multicam BDUs?

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 13th, 2017, 22:14   #1
Bermanator98

Lightweight multicam BDUs?

So I've recently gotten into airsoft, and I'm looking into getting my first BDU set. With outdoor season coming, I'm hoping to get something lightweight, good quality, but also good value. Looking to spend ~$150-200 w/ taxes, I'm currently looking at a Massif combat shirt I can get for $80, and Tru-Spec (W32, L34) for $75. I will be looking in classifieds as well for good deals.

If anyone has input on either of these it would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has any other brand / product suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Bermanator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 22:43   #2
redzaku

I have purchased a set of surplus british MTP BDU, and the fabric used is really thin. the downside is finding the right size. however the price is right between 80 to 100 for a set
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 22:59   #3
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermanator98 View Post
So I've recently gotten into airsoft, and I'm looking into getting my first BDU set. With outdoor season coming, I'm hoping to get something lightweight, good quality, but also good value. Looking to spend ~$150-200 w/ taxes, I'm currently looking at a Massif combat shirt I can get for $80, and Tru-Spec (W32, L34) for $75. I will be looking in classifieds as well for good deals.

If anyone has input on either of these it would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has any other brand / product suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hero Army Surplus sells surplus USGI Scorpion (US Army Knock-off Multicam) sets. 50 bucks for shirt and 50 for pants... though they are in varying conditions of fading.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 00:14   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Save up and get UR-Tac. It's worth the bit extra plus shipping. For ultra light-weight, the vertex gun fighter shirt is good. Pants don't have to be heavy, but you'll want the tougher materials, engineering paired with integrated knee pads. Still, UR-Tac if you want to take it seriously but not spend an insane amount. They are a little more than your budget though.
Old March 14th, 2017, 01:50   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

All the simple ACU cut trousers are going to be lighter than the crye cut stuff with a million pockets and kneepads.
Crye cut shirts are going to be lighter, though.
Thing is, I'd rather carry around the extra miniscule weight of the crye cut trousers and have the added weather protection and knee protection. I've found they about the same in the heat, but are a bit better insulated in winter (padded/insulated kneepad on ice vs knee on ice), and hold their heat better in the rain. Apparently kneepads make a big difference in thermal regulation? lol
Also, first time you kneel down on a BB on a concrete pad you're gonna think you split your patella.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 20:57   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

you know I don't even feel the heat from my arctyrx pants... they're thicker and more layers than my pproper pants but they feel the same in terms of heat management.

I have a lightweight crye shirt though, those are definitely worth it.
Old March 15th, 2017, 20:32   #7
BobbyDangerous

Yeah I'm with the UR Tactical. I have Multicam and woodlands

Truspec frog shirt and Condor Frog Shirt

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion