Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Where can I get a barrett .50 cal replica for airsoft ?

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 13th, 2011, 06:39   #16
coach
aka coachster

If there was a cheaper version, it'd take the balanced saved or more to get it shooting on par with a stock socom.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:10   #17
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Something you seem to be missing here, is the big difference between aeg's and sniper rifles. The performance of a cheap aeg isn't going to differ that much from a expensive aeg, the difference is usually in lifespan, durability and to an extent appearance. When it comes to sniper rifles, the performance differs hugely. And the low quality just isn't gameable. There's no way around this. You either buy expensive and upgrade less, or buy cheap and upgrade (considerably) more. You will not find a competitive sniper rifle for less then $1000 and probably more like $1500. For a specialty item like a barrett .50 cal you're going to end up spending more. This fact, as much as the difficulty factor, is why there aren't many snipers and newbies are highly advised not to get a sniper rifle until they have the experience and funds to do it right.
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:34   #18
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Er... why has no one else pointed out that the airsoft version of the M82A1 is an AEG?

It uses a standard M4/M16 Version 2 gear box, it comes with a Madbull tightbore, and you can fire it in semi or full auto. The only downside is that it's heavy (10kg/22lbs)

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:45   #19
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Snow Wolf is supposed to be making an M82, hard to find though.
They should also have an M95 in R&D.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:03   #20
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSam View Post
Er... why has no one else pointed out that the airsoft version of the M82A1 is an AEG?
I assumed the OP knew as much so didn't think it needed to be spelled out.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:20   #21
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
I assumed the OP knew as much so didn't think it needed to be spelled out.
Everyone else seems to deviate away from it being an AEG.

Yes, it's based off of a sniper rifle, but it's a DMR in all aspects,.

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:01   #22
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSam View Post

It uses a standard M4/M16 Version 2 gear box, it comes with a Madbull tightbore, and you can fire it in semi or full auto. The only downside is that it's heavy (10kg/22lbs)
although it comes with all those goodies it need some tweaks, the tightbore for example needs a barrel spacers and considering that is the longest barrel madbull make it is still almost a foot and a few inches short from the muzzle, I upgraded mine with a custom brass barrel spacers and upgrade the barrel to a PDI custom 780mm ported to increase it's accuracy, the mechbox is a generic V2 with cheapo bore up piston system but the cylinder is ported, why? well that was upgraded to a Modify bore up cylinder and piston kit. The spring that it comes with is a shiny M170 variant, that was ditched for an old school PDI 200% spring that I have laying around.

To the Op, even though the Socom gear is the expensive route it doesn't mean that it is perfect there are tweaks you have to do, I always say that there is no such thing as airsoft being cheap, either way you will have to pay for it sooner or later. My opinion on sniper rifle in airsoft are they are just a very expensive plinkers some are gameable but most are usualy used for markmanship competition or a very expensive wall hanger, why?......because compared to a AEG by the time you fired one round, there may be more than 10 coming your way, unless you are CDN Stalker, he can really hit you from mile away.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:06   #23
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
Snow Wolf is supposed to be making an M82, hard to find though.
They should also have an M95 in R&D.
Not supposed to be, it's already out and about. They are ALL OVER the place here.
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:31   #24
m102404
Tys

Despite the SocomGear version being a sweet build...and there's some huge (IMO) pros to its setup...there are two major detractors for me.

1. It's still a spring powered airsoft gun...makes little to no sound...no "action"...no kick in the seat. And...perhaps because it's so retardedly huge and heavy it's MORE of a let down when it launches a 6mm BB. When you touch something off that's that big...you naturally expect the world to end for something downrange.

2. The mags are highcaps. It's a VN highcap stuffed into fracking big metal shell. Not the end of the world I suppose to swap the innards out...but it's sad it it's own way.

Hauling that thing around...just to shoot as far/hard/etc...as "any" other AEG (assuming they're both setup/working nicely), is just a bit disappointing.

Uber cool on looks though...so if it turns your crank don't hold back. This is definitely a form over function thing though.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 14:13   #25
Raskas
formerly Someone110

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Despite the SocomGear version being a sweet build...and there's some huge (IMO) pros to its setup...there are two major detractors for me.

1. It's still a spring powered airsoft gun...makes little to no sound...no "action"...no kick in the seat. And...perhaps because it's so retardedly huge and heavy it's MORE of a let down when it launches a 6mm BB. When you touch something off that's that big...you naturally expect the world to end for something downrange.

2. The mags are highcaps. It's a VN highcap stuffed into fracking big metal shell. Not the end of the world I suppose to swap the innards out...but it's sad it it's own way.

Hauling that thing around...just to shoot as far/hard/etc...as "any" other AEG (assuming they're both setup/working nicely), is just a bit disappointing.

Uber cool on looks though...so if it turns your crank don't hold back. This is definitely a form over function thing though.
*Ahem*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSam

Last edited by Raskas; September 13th, 2011 at 14:16..
Raskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 14:35   #26
Wetmelon

Send a message via Skype™ to Wetmelon
The local store here raffled one off at $15 tickets... only sold like 150 tickets or something crazy. I should have bought some for a chance to win
Wetmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 14:51   #27
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It's a 10kg sniper rifle that gets the exact same range as every other AEG on the field.
Unless you're hanging it up on a wall, it's a complete waste of money.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 15:00   #28
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskas View Post
*Ahem*
Hey dummy...what do you think provides the propulsion of air in an AEG? Leprechauns?

Last edited by m102404; September 13th, 2011 at 15:06..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 15:27   #29
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hey dummy...what do you think provides the propulsion of air in an AEG? Leprechauns?
That made my fucking day!
Old September 13th, 2011, 15:30   #30
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
It's a 10kg sniper rifle that gets the exact same range as every other AEG on the field.
Unless you're hanging it up on a wall, it's a complete waste of money.
It is a heavy son of a bitch but the looks itself warrants the purchase (at least for me) In my opinion the best M82A1 replica is still the Garage Gun Works/Smokeys M82A1 I'm still regretting selling that one.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank