Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Trying to find some answers

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 25th, 2009, 21:22   #16
Boomshakah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Good luck finding an M249 at walmart kiddo!
this will happen when chickens will shit bb's instead of eggs.

On a more useful Info, don't waste your money with canadian tire or wal mart guns. Wait like me and get some BDU's and gear while waiting to have 18 or if you already are , then get AV. Best option for a Canadian Airsofter i've found during my research.

Last edited by Boomshakah; August 25th, 2009 at 21:25..
Boomshakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 11:11   #17
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomshakah View Post
this will happen when chickens will shit bb's instead of eggs.

On a more useful Info, don't waste your money with canadian tire or wal mart guns. Wait like me and get some BDU's and gear while waiting to have 18 or if you already are , then get AV. Best option for a Canadian Airsofter i've found during my research.

Actually a really good idea, I am waiting to get AVed still. So I went out to my local army surplus store and got a quick draw tactical vest. Kinda feels like I got a bit of a jump on things.
Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:51   #18
venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo-saxon View Post
A thousand bucks? You have to be $h1tt1n me! Even with the weaker $CDN that's a brutal rip off.

And why on earth would it be illegal to import Airsoft "guns" when they sell them here at Walmart and Crappy Tire? Boggles the mind!

To those who provided useful replies...thanks very much!

As for "Cpl. T. Syndrome"'s hissy fit...You stick to your, uh, "sport" and I'll do what the hell I want to do, which is no damned business of yours. Got that, sweet pea?
I believe that $1000 was corrected to be $500-650.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 13:36   #19
AznFireboi

Quote:
A thousand bucks? You have to be $h1tt1n me! Even with the weaker $CDN that's a brutal rip off.

And why on earth would it be illegal to import Airsoft "guns" when they sell them here at Walmart and Crappy Tire? Boggles the mind!

To those who provided useful replies...thanks very much!

As for "Cpl. T. Syndrome"'s hissy fit...You stick to your, uh, "sport" and I'll do what the hell I want to do, which is no damned business of yours. Got that, sweet pea?
The reason why airsoft is that much more expensive in Canada is its legal status which makes it near impossible to import as a "civilian". Don't really know how much more expensive guns in Canada are, but I think it'd be around 2 or 3 times as much than the states. Also, Correct me if I'm wrong, the exchange rate of the Canadian dollar has nothing to do with the prices.

Also, being rude does not help you get answers. Members who come here regularly are always dealing with punks trying to get airsoft guns for cheap from the states and it DOES get annoying when they don't do their research and just jump to posting a thread.
AznFireboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:14   #20
anglo-saxon

Actually, I've just been accepted into the infantry and will start training in January, so will be using the real thing very soon. And don't go giving me your "expert" opinions on that as I already have the inside track...my dad is an infantry sergeant-major! No requirement for Airsoft toys any more...it was just a whim anyway. You nerds have fun with your Chinese look-a-like toys and dressing up as soldiers now.

Mods: Feel free to delete this account. I have no desire to be associated with overgrown children playing at war. I'm outa here...got real life to live.

Wankers!
anglo-saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:18   #21
Danke

Quote:
Actually, I've just been accepted into the infantry and will start training in January, so will be using the real thing very soon. And don't go giving me your "expert" opinions on that as I already have the inside track...my dad is an infantry sergeant-major! No requirement for Airsoft toys any more...it was just a whim anyway. You nerds have fun with your Chinese look-a-like toys and dressing up as soldiers now.

Mods: Feel free to delete this account. I have no desire to be associated with overgrown children playing at war. I'm outa here...got real life to live.

Wankers!
Make sure you let everyone know your Daddy's a Sgt. Major. It'll make your cadet camp experience way smoother. Wait, I mean your regular Army career.
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:20   #22
L473ncy

Thats great for you....

Except the CF doesn't have "Sergeant-Majors" unless you're referring to a RSM or CSM, and even then it's a position not a rank.

There are a lot of people on this board who *are* in the CF so it's not like we're all pretending to "play army man".

Sorry you feel that way though. Have fun at BMQ and SQ though I guess.
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:23   #23
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:

Wankers!
and a hearty get fucked to you to JR. Your going to get eaten alive at basic with your "my daddy is a Sgt Major" attitude, it's just the kind we loved to give extra special attention to in the battalion. If you can't take the flame from a very mild internet experience your sunk before you even get started.
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:48   #24
Con Murder

Hey Anglo-Saxon, its ok to be frusterated. This can be a very blunt forum in many aspects but mainly only because the state of airsoft is fragile (political minds demonizing it like a catholic rant on protastants). The main problem most people have with a question like this is that it appears right below a whole bunch of 'stickied' threads that answere all the questions in your thread (go read them now). So really whats happening is a guy ends up answereing a few people on the same topic, no big deal. Until you say 'why cant I import a gun, walmart has them?' see how a statement like that just proves you have not read the stickies?
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:55   #25
Crux

BMQ Should be fun... Maybe I will see you there.
Then we shall see if your "Sergeant Major" daddy can help you out. Maybe he taught you how to dig a trench or maybe learn your CF Ranks and or Positions. O well.

See you there!
Wait, have you done your CFAT, Medical, and or Interview yet?
Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009, 09:13   #26
kalnaren

Does the CF even have a "Sergeant Major" rank?

I thought I knew all my infantry ranks... never came across that one o_0

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:26   #27
Jbone 11 11

No rank, its a positon as stated earlier. usually they're called "sir" or "Master/Chief Warrant" but its not outta line to call a Sergeant Major.... "Sergeant Major". I.e....That boot up yer arse looks like it belongs to the Sergeant Major!
; P
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 13:51   #28
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

dun dun dun, Another bites tha dust-ah!
Old September 1st, 2009, 16:14   #29
Jbone 11 11

^^ Dude... your icon freaks me out! LOL!
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 16:21   #30
Disco_Dante

You SHOULD be scared.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank