Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenTeddy View Post
It looks pretty consistent in the Airsoft GI reviews:
Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyjT03zo1yY
Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHUwNBjaaI

This will probably be my next gun, just wish they would give a release date for it.
Hm... that's good to hear. I'm hoping one of our local retailers will do a demo day of sorts once its released. Really would like to test it out and see how it is, a year round GBBR would be nice.

Think Panther switched over to HPA at some point as well so air supply won't be an issue either. Which also reminds me... need to join you LMAG guys for a game sometime lol.
Old September 4th, 2014, 15:31   #317
ugcspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
Well, considering most of the videos featuring the Tippman M4 hasn't been too great I've had some doubts about it.

That being said, after watching this shooting vid by Booligan, I'm pretty impressed, definitely adding this to my list of things to purchase. Recoil seems pretty good, and price point makes it very enticing for a HPA capable gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9XUoDL4Oo

Though I did notice the rof seemed to increase during the burst when it was shooting in full auto. Whats up with that?
I think I've read that the response trigger used in it allow for faster ROF the more you press the trigger. Kinda like a spool with a fixed orifice. The more you move the spool down, te more air is allowed through the orifice, making the system's ROF higher.
Old September 4th, 2014, 15:37   #318
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Think Panther switched over to HPA at some point as well so air supply won't be an issue either. Which also reminds me... need to join you LMAG guys for a game sometime lol.
I was wondering about that, if Panther has a HPA fill station then I am 100% set on getting a good HPA tank for this bad-boy. And us LMAG guys are around, we just started playing Thursday nights at Panther (sometimes along with the drop ins/PAC guys if we are low on numbers). We also have a game this Saturday there that should be pretty good turn-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugcspawn View Post
I think I've read that the response trigger used in it allow for faster ROF the more you press the trigger. Kinda like a spool with a fixed orifice. The more you move the spool down, te more air is allowed through the orifice, making the system's ROF higher.
I have not heard this, and wouldn't really like that kind of setup, the ROF is adjusted by turning a screw inside the gun, if it is also variable by trigger pull that would turn me off a bit because I prefer a lower bps if I am using full auto.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2014, 15:53   #319
FULLMETAL

pre-ordering soon for sure (and I almost wasted money on a daytona system). I hope this is the beginning of a huge line of airsoft systems, I cant wait to see a heavy machine gun working with their system (and with those great prices). 500 for Canada isnt that bad.

I think this is the beginning of a very happy time for GBBR lovers.
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2014, 17:57   #320
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Quote:
I was wondering about that, if Panther has a HPA fill station then I am 100% set on getting a good HPA tank for this bad-boy. And us LMAG guys are around, we just started playing Thursday nights at Panther (sometimes along with the drop ins/PAC guys if we are low on numbers). We also have a game this Saturday there that should be pretty good turn-out.
Need to look into HPA setups as well; I've been contemplating and planning a performance AR AEG but I might delay it for the Tippman if they put out a reasonable release date.

I usually play on Sundays at Panther w/ the Omega guys, but will see about dropping by a Saturday game if I can convince my buddies to come along. Will double check and confirm the HPA thing but I'm pretty sure they've got it; I remember it being mentioned during the big Panther/LMAG fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugcspawn View Post
That wouldn't make much sense considering it has ROF adjustment via a screw or something inside the receiver. Would also seem to mess with consistency, wouldn't be a fan of it either. Most likely CO2 related like DrunkenTeddy said.

I'll post up on FB and ask Booligan and see if he can look into it or something.
Old September 4th, 2014, 19:50   #321
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

So it seems like the ramping ROF issue wasn't due to the CO2 or the tank setup but was issue with that particular prototype. The problem should be resolved in the production model.

Now if they release a longer barrel I'll be happy, should make for a nice DMR build.
Old September 4th, 2014, 20:32   #322
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Now if they release a longer barrel I'll be happy, should make for a nice DMR build.
Add a silencer? The inner barrel is standard, should be easy to make it longer, making it shorter would be much harder.. I've always liked cqb length m4's but I guess standard length will do.
Old September 4th, 2014, 20:49   #323
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Quote:
Add a silencer? The inner barrel is standard, should be easy to make it longer, making it shorter would be much harder.. I've always liked cqb length m4's but I guess standard length will do.
I'm not a fan of silencers much, prefer the look of a clean barrel with a nice flash hider. The standard length will do for now like you said but I wouldn't mind a shorter CQB barrel either, will see if they'll bother with outer barrels but considering how paintball companies love selling barrels I'm optimistic about it.
Old September 4th, 2014, 21:34   #324
FULLMETAL

for what I've seen today in videos the barrel is pretty standard provably you will be able to do it urself
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 20:29   #325
nx2001

As great as this M4 maybe the factor that will decide if I buy or not buy will come down to the design of the CO2 magazine. As I understand now the CO2 cartridge will vent its gas if you eject the mag once it is initially inserted. Therefore this will mean that you cannot do a tactical reload.

Is a tactical reload important? Well think of it this way ... imagine that you are about to rush an enemy position after being in a previous firefight. You'll probably want to lock & load a fresh mag so that you know you are topped up on ammo before beginning your next move.

I am sure that using a HPA tank is a good option but I enjoy airsoft for its military realism. In my case using a tank would detract from that feel. I would also suggest that running a back mounted tank might interfere with my normal hydration bladder setup.

Once we see the final state of the finished product we can all then make our own informed decisions.
nx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 20:48   #326
SuperHog

You have to remember that the Tippy M4 is based on the blow back T98 paintball engine to work in an airsoft environment. There are probably physical limitations trying to incorporate a paintball gun into a airsoft gun.

We will just have to wait and see what the final product is and for actual owners to post their real reviews.

What we are seeing are advertorial videos by sponsored guys that can not really say anything negative. If I bought this gun and it was as lemon, I will say it. Until them, I will reserve further comments.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 09:19   #327
Adrenalineguy

Tippmann has confirmed to Dealers that the release date has been moved to November.

BTW -- Tippmann's history on being able to meet it's advertised release dates is Terrible

Answer to a FAQ we get a lot. - The mag does vent the co2 from the power let to the atmosphere when ejected..
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 11:32   #328
Swattiger

Operation system seems intersting.

But another M4 ? Thanks but no.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 12:32   #329
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post
Tippmann has confirmed to Dealers that the release date has been moved to November.

BTW -- Tippmann's history on being able to meet it's advertised release dates is Terrible

Answer to a FAQ we get a lot. - The mag does vent the co2 from the power let to the atmosphere when ejected..
Boo! Guess I'm glad I didn't pre-order yet, will just wait till closer to the date then.
Old September 8th, 2014, 16:27   #330
Crossfire034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post

Not all that bothered by the delay seeing as I'm putting money towards real steel at the moment... but I think it's an odd choice to release a GBBR during winter, even if it's supposed to work well in those kind of temperatures. Should make for good stress tests, though.
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion