Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC Mac 11

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 8th, 2005, 13:29   #1
CCF

KSC Mac 11

I have been considering the purchase of a KSC Mac 11. I've read reviews saying that it's an awesome gun and a must-buy. But there are reviews saying the bolt shatters, and it's of poor quality. I'm just wondering if anyone who has owned this gun can correct or confirm these reviews.
CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 14:15   #2
quick90

Send a message via MSN to quick90
The stock bolt will shatter using propane. If you use duster, you should be fine. If you want to use propane upgrade to a magnesium bolt.
quick90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 14:24   #3
Dozer_01

I own two of them. if you plan on using propane, i would highly suggest a magnesium bolt. With that done, it makes a pretty sweet field gun.

The plastic bolt WILL crack/Blow up after a while (dont know the exact amount of bb's). A magnesium bolt would run for about $100 CDN. Worth every penny.

Problems with this gun (that i found, anyway) are: Mag seals and hop up rubbers. I found not putting silicon oil (or like a 1/4 drop) in the mags to be the best and just lube up the gun accordingly. The silicon oil can swell the hopup rubber (did that to mine OVERNIGHT!). After each game i wipe the hopup rubber (not dry) but so there is bearly any lube on it.

Other than that is a pretty fine GBB. More range that your standard M9 or glock. Accuracy isnt the best but what do you expect? I think most fire about 330fps on propane.

I'd get one if i were you, blast to shoot. I need to get my second one up and running now! Also its quite heafty! i think about 1300g.

Cheers :cheers:
Old July 8th, 2005, 16:40   #4
RAS_Jackson

Send a message via MSN to RAS_Jackson
Because the shoot extremely fast the bolt will either break or wear down. A magnesium bolt is suggested later on. If your planning to run propane i wouldnt suggest it in that GBB, or i do know of a restrictor that innovations sells now, maybe that would be something to look into.

www.rangersairsoft.com
RAS_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 17:00   #5
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
The AI flow restrictor is for WA pistols.
Old July 8th, 2005, 17:47   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I've run at least 5000 BBs out of my stock KSC M11 (on propane) the past two years and it's still going very strong. As with most airsoft guns, AEG or gas, it sounds like the luck of the draw. I've read some reports of the plastic bolt breaking after a couple hundred rounds, others have cleared 10,000 rounds.

Heed what Dozer said about too much oil on the hop up rubber and the mag rubber. They swell, they tear, then they don't seal properly, and finding replacements is possible, but freaking hard, esp. the hop up rubber.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2005, 18:50   #7
fly_boy

Send a message via MSN to fly_boy
I have had my M11 for almost a year now. If you keep it clean and oil it after every usage it will last you a very long time. I have never had a problem with any of my magazines venting. It is a great guy if you are getting into airsoft. I haven’t had any problems that couldn’t be easily fixed.
fly_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion