Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WTF is wrong with G&G?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 29th, 2010, 20:14   #1
Paisley

WTF is wrong with G&G?

I wanna know why the eff people hate G&G so much. I love my ak and have no problems with it what so ever. It shoots fast has a good ROF and is fairly accurate. I know its not the highest quality gun out there but Airsoftgi rated them one of the top 4 brands along side VFC. Now i know that Airsoftgi is American but the only diffrence i can see between USA and Canada G&G is the lower reciever. Please Enlighten me.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:16   #2
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

jeeanjees R00L yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:18   #3
G2Sniper

Dude nothing is wrong with them. They are good reliable guns, but there are companies that make better m4: VFC, ect and some that make better ak for around the same price: Real Sword. Also you can get full metal G an G in canada. My brother just bought an mp5 max yesterday at an airsoft retail store in calgary.
G2Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:18   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Mostly because CAS took over Canada's market with them and are trying to drive out other businesses like Ken from 007 (they actually stole the Canadian G&G contract from him).

And Ken's been around forever, a trusted friendly name in Canadian airsoft.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:31   #5
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I wanna know why the eff people hate G&G so much. I love my ak and have no problems with it what so ever. It shoots fast has a good ROF and is fairly accurate. I know its not the highest quality gun out there but Airsoftgi rated them one of the top 4 brands along side VFC. Now i know that Airsoftgi is American but the only diffrence i can see between USA and Canada G&G is the lower reciever. Please Enlighten me.
Lets pick out the AK47 in specific --

Completed different externally than any other TM's, want a metal body? Well you can't have one unless it's a G&G.

Internals are ok, their gears are pretty crappy, same with their piston heads.

The only reason they get rated the "top pick" from airsoft retailers is because they are willing to bend over backwards to meet the needs of any retailer.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:31   #6
Redzephyr

Well, I personally don't trust G&G because my one experience with them involved an exploding gear straight from the factory. That, and a half dozen problems seen with others' guns on the field. It's personal experience, take it for what it is.
Redzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:49   #7
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Dont want to be a b****, but those "PROs" you just gave us about G&G dont make a gun/brand good.

- High FPS is just a matter of spring strength....
- "good ROF" is just a matter of what battery you are using, especially what voltage...
- "fairly accurate" what do you mean? you know that that depends on barrel length, barrel diameter, and bb weigh you are using right?

What makes a "good" airsoft gun brand is the quality of the internals....sure what was mentionned above could be taken into consideration when buying a gun, but still, you are really looking for the quality of the internals.

Last edited by Gunny_McSmith; September 29th, 2010 at 20:54..
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:57   #8
magicmint

I like the scent of G&G's plastic. It is magical to me! Therefor, there is nothing wrong with G&G!
magicmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 20:58   #9
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

G&G's are very good economy guns. They make great starter guns and they attempt to bring innovation (Electric Blow Back) to their products. However they generally have very poor compression and many of their parts are propriatary. The market being what it is in Canada you can generally find much better aegs than a G&G for a few dollars more.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 21:03   #10
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
What makes a "good" airsoft gun brand is the quality of the internals....sure what was mentionned above could be taken into consideration when buying a gun, but still, you are really looking for the quality of the internals.
I tend to favor AEGs that have good externals as well as internals... like G&P.
I found the quality of both on the G&G I had to less than satisfactory.
Old September 29th, 2010, 21:05   #11
Dart

*digs through the stuff on his desk* now where did that G&G sector gear axle go.... oh yah and the chewed up piston and burnt out spur gear... now where did I put it.

hmm oh well I replaced it with TM stuff so its good now
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 21:13   #12
theshaneler

i consider G&G the bottom of the barrel of high end guns.

its not some crappy clone with low QC but it does mainly use proprietary parts and to be honest, the build quality is sub-par.

not to be offensive, but all the PROs you listed are what every inexperienced player looks for. dont be mad, we all at one point thought this way. better ROF or accuracy out of a gun actually means nothing. all can be changed or can vary greatly from gun to gun. what are actually considered PROs are build quality, innovation (arguably), longevity, and aftermarket part fitment (usually means TM compatible). again, once you handle real airsoft (CA,TM, VFC, systema, G&P) you will know what im talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 21:18   #13
Schlyder
IronOverlord

The G&G SIG 550, Sig 552, and 553 are all top quality built.
Stamped steel receiver, all externals are top quality materials.
IMO, they are the best airsoft version of SIG rifles made.
I have the 550, and the 552. I also have a real steel Black Special. And I tell you, the airsoft is identical in detail, to the real steel.
They also perform excellent out of the box. And I have had no problems with either.
The G&G SIGs, I think, are the best line that G&G make. They are G&Gs top price point guns at US$400. And about CDN$900. in our market. But well worth it.
I would put them against any other top quality airsoft gun made, for build quality... in detail, materials, strength and durability.
Old September 29th, 2010, 21:22   #14
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Just to interject here, G&G makes many differant lines of products. From good ( Top Tech) to low (Combat Machine). Their middle line before the CAS fiasco was G&G Armament, which was a solid machine for a reasonable (for Canada) price. Now most of their products in Canada are their rec. and advanced line, which are shit.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 21:30   #15
Schlyder
IronOverlord

I agree, the combat machine line, and top tech line, and as well the Canadian line are not the top end products they make.
But the G&G SIGs are way above the quality of those lines. Way above.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion