Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We Scar Firing Full auto in Semi *Gun Doc in Toronto Needed*

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 17th, 2014, 14:00   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
We Scar Firing Full auto in Semi *Gun Doc in Toronto Needed*

Hey all, so far this gun has been nothing but a nightmare money pit. Fix one problem and another rises.

Anyway, I have an Ra tech steel trigger assembly. Now when I fire it in semi it works but every now and then it will just go off on full auto... sometimes when I pull the trigger it will fire one shot and when I release the trigger again to pull it back...it will fire. Its like I have a speedball airsoft gun. Not good.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have little knowledge about airsoft trigger boxes, so pictures or videos would be my best help here.

To start off with, yes the little black plate moves forward when I move the selector switches from safe-semi-auto. I have not pulled out the firing selector nor played with any part of the box. It is stock from Ra-Tech. I have put silicone oil and lubed up the box... but the catching feeling when I pull the trigger is strange. I can pull the trigger and when I go to release it I will feel it click and then go forward... so when I pull the tirgger sometimes it will fire one bb and when I go to release the trigger it will click and fire another.

Last edited by daishi; October 17th, 2014 at 16:00..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 14:04   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Did you buy the scar used or new?

Why did you decide to change everything out asap?

Also, I read that the RA-Tech hammer doesn't work well, it doesn't align proper or something along those lines.

Try putting the stock hammer in the assembly, might work then?
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:10   #3
N_Force

My experience for RA tech was a nightmare on WE AK. After installed it, wasn't even cocking almost, just like struck?? Simple answer:WAY OFF SPEC. I had to take it one by one, compare the same part side by side to see which way off spec, then filed it and modified it to make it back as close as original one, it worked. The most depth I filed were about 2-3mm, believe it or not?? So try to compare if that would be the case, good luck!

Last edited by N_Force; October 17th, 2014 at 15:13..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:16   #4
daishi

Aww, I bought it new pre upgraded....so far ive been getting rid of all the upgrades >.>

Guess Ill have to buy a new scar stock trigger assembly. Does anyone know where to source one of those?
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:18   #5
BioRage

"pre-upgraded," possible previous installer messed something up?

Ask them if they have stock parts still. Else you might have to source them from HK (WGCShop, etc.) Airsoftparts may have some, but most likely ra-tech parts.

Maybe you could just bring it to a gun doctor and they can get it working. Might be 10x easier then buying stock parts and re-installing them....
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:25   #6
daishi

Hmm, wish I knew some gun doctors in toronto that knew what they were doing with the we scars then :/

Also I just checked, id need a ton of parts. Id need the trigger box, plus all the other stock parts that dont come with it like the valve delayer and everything that ra-tech upgraded. *sigh*

And no I bought it directly from airsoft taiwan so it came with the ra-tech upgrades already installed.
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:29   #7
BioRage

Really now, you musta paid a heavy duty fee, lol.

Did you try contacting AST and announcing your problems? They should give some kind of support.

PM GBBR. He has a lot of experience with everything, and WE's are his #1.

Not worth it to buy stock parts, you might aswell just buy a used scar then. Lol, again, not worth your time.

Did you change anything out upon receiving it from AST? Or did it just slowly crap the bed.
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:38   #8
daishi

I basically turned the gun stock. I really wasted my money on this. I know never to buy Ra-Tech again.

Ive tried to contact GBBR before but he has not responded to me....

So if there are any gun doctors in toronto that can help me out with a we trigger box problem....let me know.

Last edited by daishi; October 17th, 2014 at 15:57..
Old October 19th, 2014, 12:36   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
In all honesty with my experience with a few different WE platforms, it's best to use them with mostly WE OEM internals. Aside from an NPAS, new inner barrel, and new hop rubber you really don't need to change anything.

Best is to buy a ton of spare WE parts for a fraction of the price of the RA-tech shit - and I do mean shit - and replace failures as needed. WE has come further in their newest generation stuff with regards to part quality, and everything WE works well with everything WE. The moment you add one part that isn't WE and isn't 100% spec with WE shizzle, you run into alignment issues which morph into performance issues.

I even switched everything in one of my M4's to full RA Tech stuff and I still had to make a ton of adjustments and modifications to said RA Tech parts to make the bitch gameable, but bolt lock never worked - huge waste of money. In the end I switched all back to WE bits and it worked fantastically, 100% functionality. Sold it, bought a WE SCAR, left it stock internally except NPAS, inner barrel, and hop rubber; zero issues from day one to the day I sold it, no failures, and I gamed the hell out of that thing.
Old October 19th, 2014, 21:52   #10
turok_t

1. I would try to secure a set of CWI trigger sets, they have been nothing but success for me in all my 4 GBBRs.

2. If you can't find the above set, you can try Hepaetus trigger set. I have no experience with this set, but they "appear" to resemble more of the stock trigger set given that they do not use a hook disconnector.

3. Stick with stock trigger set. It works the best in my opinion.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 15:29   #11
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Does it go full auto when you give the trigger a solid pull? Or just when you pull slow and light?
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 15:56   #12
daishi

It goes full auto whenever it feels like it. It could be right away, could be after three mags ect. And I never really pull my trigger slowly or lightly.....

Ive tried to Contact GBBR but no response. Ive talked to al ocal gun tech but he recommended I go to Toronto Airsoft. I talked to Turok who said the same thing, and emailed them so im waiting to see.

The problem is, I need a FULL trigger assembly. All I can find online is just part 93, which is the trigger assembly but its missing vital parts, like the little black selector arms and the metal bit on the side 9valve cutoff or something?) and the spring. With my limited knowledge of what goes into a trigger box im having a hard time explaining what I need.
Old October 20th, 2014, 15:57   #13
BioRage

You can try PestoBanana @ Toronto Airsoft.

GBBR is pretty much retired from the airsoft scened, I asked him about your situation. Sorry mate.

Sounds like the full auto sear has an issue? :|
Old October 20th, 2014, 16:20   #14
daishi

Alright, just bugged him.

Hoping I can go to TA on Wednesday and get my scar firing properly
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner