:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 4th, 2012, 20:04   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I give up need a GBBR

Alright,

So ive pretty much given up with getting a Masada gbb. *sob*

I need to purchase a GGBR In the next week...prefer to have it game ready by the 20th on June. Aka 3 mags, gun, and shooting at 350 fps.

I need some GBBR recommendations. I do not want any WE models. Terrible experience with them breaking. Im not a fan of m4's....I like Scars and like the flat top design, really im looking for interesting guns.

Budget before taxes/shipping will be $600. If your a retailer in Toronto and can offer me a deal with a gun/mags/and fixing the fps for around 700ish let me know. I need something with a stock that can fold....but not necessary. Will be using propane.

So far all I found to look alright is the HK416 145R GBBR and Umarex HK G36KV GBBR.

I have money, you haz guns? Let me know.

*I wouldnt mind something that sports a suppressor*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 20:17   #2
Ready

You could try a KJW KCO2. They aren't too bad in price, not a M4, and very light. Problem is the mags are a bit awkward to insert and release, and it shoots a little high (460 I think) out of the box.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 20:23   #3
Danke

I would see what Toronto Airsoft has on hand. I came away with M4 CQBR, open bolt conversion kit, and shirt full of mags from them for about what your budget is.
Old June 4th, 2012, 20:35   #4
Kos-Mos

If you like the SCAR, I would reconsider WE's rifles.

This is what I run as primary, and after juste a few tweaks it's a great performer.

You basically need the TSC aluminium hinge plate (because it will break otherwise), a NPAS (for FPS adjustment), and done!

When the trigger pack start to wear down, replace with RATech or TSC steel components.

Then, after a little while the bolt will get hammered. Replace with steel bolt. It boosts recoil while making the gun bullet-proof.

I have been fielding mine since last winter, I would say probably close to 5k BB. I am not yet at replacing trigger unit components because there is very little wear.

The new Gen2 mags are plain awesome. No more leaking from everywhere problems. Or you can do what I do and run CO2 mags only. A bit more expensive, but FPS is more stable and cool down is less present in colder temperatures vs. propane.

Off course we are talking about an open bolt version. Toronto Airsoft had some last week.

You can also find a closed-bolt WE SCAR with trademarks and all for quite cheap in used. Working or not does not matter since the drop-in conversion kit replaces all the internals.
If you get a good closed-bolt package, it can be a lot cheaper to convert the magazines to open bolt and the gun too. Especially since trigger group upgrades are compatible between the two systems.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 20:42   #5
daishi

Thats all in good...but im paying 400 dollars for a gun, that I have to buy:

Aluminium plate
NPAS
Trigger pack
Bolt
Rubber buffer due to pot metal parts
ect....

This is why I dont want WE's.

Additionally, if there are any GAS auto snipers in Canada let me know.
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; June 4th, 2012 at 20:46..
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:12   #6
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Thats all in good...but im paying 400 dollars for a gun, that I have to buy:

Aluminium plate
NPAS
Trigger pack
Bolt
Rubber buffer due to pot metal parts
ect....

This is why I dont want WE's.

Additionally, if there are any GAS auto snipers in Canada let me know.
Mine costed me 680$ after the upgrades... I have 9 CO2 mags converted to open bolt and the gun. I have the RATech trigger upgrade kit but not installed yet (why change something that is not broken).

That is what I just said. You can get a good bundle on used and drop a new open bolt kit in it for next to nothing.

Do you really think that the MASADA would have been different?
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:24   #7
daishi

No the Masada was 600 dollars for a great gun with awesome upgrades. Not a 400 dollar gun that you have to put a massive amount of upgrades just to get it to being decent. I just don't like WE. Ive bought WE guns before they have all broken. Call it a boycot. I will never buy WE again.
Quote:
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:39   #8
ap27

I don't know if i would call them awesome upgrades. The GBB kit is based on the WA system which has the same love-hate relationship as the WE one.
There's an WE SCAR with almost every required upgrade and mags in the classifieds right now in your price range. I'm afraid if you want a GBBR that's not an M4, WE, KJW and VFC are your only choices. If not a WE, maybe a VFC MP5SD or HK416?

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:41   #9
slink182

If you won't consider WE, no M4, and you're looking in-country, not many options available that I can see. Maybe an GHK AK74, assuming you can find one for sale.

Past that, I think your options are glock/1911 carbine kits and the usual machine-pistols. Or an AEG to GBBR drop-in conversion kit for whatever style you're looking for (assuming kit exists for the chosen style).
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:42   #10
Danke

The KWA MP7 is a pretty nice package. It's got a lot packed into it.
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:47   #11
Padkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
The KWA MP7 is a pretty nice package. It's got a lot packed into it.
As is the MP9! Both very good guns, reliable as well!
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:50   #12
MaciekA

+1 and +1

Those MP7s and MP9s are fantastic. At least with the KSC/KWA stuff you know you'll be able to find parts and support and good out-of-the-box functionality.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:52   #13
daishi

Yah I was looking at the hk416. If the guys at Mach 1 airsoft get back to me they will have 800 bucks in their pocket, since they sell the g36 and the 416. Wish I could find an auto gas sniper rifle tho, mount a holo on it, just for fun really. Wouldn't be to practical in cqb.
Quote:
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:54   #14
FoxhoundNB

Quote:
Wish I could find an auto gas sniper rifle tho, mount a holo on it, just for fun really
How has nobody jumped on this comment yet?
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 21:56   #15
Padkiller

Quote:
Yah I was looking at the hk416. If the guys at Mach 1 airsoft get back to me they will have 800 bucks in their pocket, since they sell the g36 and the 416. Wish I could find an auto gas sniper rifle tho, mount a holo on it, just for fun really. Wouldn't be to practical in cqb.
You talking about the VFC HK416? too hot FPS-wise for me and not enough aftermarket upgrades yet!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion