Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Retailer Question

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:22   #1
djKail

Retailer Question

Hey everyone, just a question with regards to an order my brother made from a retailer. He purchased a $36.00 flash hider that was labeled as 14mm CCW threading.

When the flash hider arrived it did not thread on the gun, note that he has installed many other 14mm CCW flash hiders so it is not an issue with the gun. It can be one of two things, 1) the product was labeled incorrectly on the retailers website, or 2) the product was made poorly and the threads were messed up from the factory.

While the retailer has agreed to refund money for the flash hider, he will not pay for return shipping. I understand that if I was to return something because I did not like it, I would have to pay for return shipping. However, I feel that if a product is not labeled correctly on the website, or the retailer sent the wrong product why should I have to pay the return shipping as it was not my fault?

Is it worth pursuing this further or should he just suck it up? I know the quality control is pretty low on most Airsoft parts ect but threading is a pretty simple thing to screw up which leads me to believe it was labeled incorrectly on the website... unless others have had this issue.
djKail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:26   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

When you drive across town to purchase a product, take it home and find out it's defective, do you have the store you bought it from pay for your gas money when you return it?
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:29   #3
djKail

No, however if I was able to drive across town to purchase a product I can verify that the product listed is actually the product I am purchasing. While when purchasing online errors can be made with incorrect products being shipped at no fault of mine.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:35   #4
Strelok

Im sorry, but shipping is a service you pay for. The business only takes it to the post office for it to be delivered to you, beyond that point its no longer his issue. Tough luck dude. Besides, if its just a flash hider its not going to kill you to pay a couple dollars for shipping again.

Postage is the middlepoint between you and the seller. That is all.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:50   #5
horto

you pay return shipping. that's how it works. everywhere.

Old May 4th, 2012, 09:56   #6
djKail

Makes sense, I will just use a different retailer for future purchases as this ones inability to accurately describe products on his website cost me $25.00 in shipping fees.
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:16   #7
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Please provide us with the retailer's name so we could also avoid...
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:26   #8
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
you pay return shipping. that's how it works. everywhere.

That's how it works everywhere FOR AIRSOFT. But in other industries the retailer will pay for return shipping.

We've gotten accustomed to a low standard of service in airsoft to a point such that if one speaks out against it, you will get lynched by the mob. This applies to gundocs, big retailers and small retailers.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with expecting good service. In fact, we should demand good service.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:38   #9
bigbuzz666

Send a message via MSN to bigbuzz666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That's how it works everywhere FOR AIRSOFT. But in other industries the retailer will pay for return shipping.
I just returned a defective hard drive to Western Digital and guess what? I had to pay for shipping... And I don't think that WD is a small business...

And I don't think that because the retailer will not pay for return shipping, it's a lack of service...
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:38   #10
foxtrot-one7

Quote:
IMO, there is nothing wrong with expecting good service. In fact, we should demand good service.
Booya!!!
foxtrot-one7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:47   #11
T_A_N_K

So you paid $25 to ship a flash hider....?
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:51   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
VERY VERY few places offer return shipping costs.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 13:51   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Demand good service all you want laddy, what makes you so freakin' special one of a kind VIP you should get amazing service that could very well stop the person giving you said service from servicing someone else.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 14:07   #14
ViR

I bought knee pads from an airsoft retailer and I got paid for return shipping when "item wasn't as described".
Fuzzy is right, people are just accustomed to having shitty service..

DjKail, tell us who is the retailer and just never shop there again, cheers..
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 14:12   #15
djKail

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A_N_K View Post
So you paid $25 to ship a flash hider....?
Well, if you add the initial shipping cost to obtain the item, and the return shipping, yes about $24.00. So while the retailer has offered to refund money for the flash hider, I am still out the $24.00 of shipping expenses.

This has occurred with this retailer before when ordering a furniture kit for an AK-47. The retailer told me it would fit my gun however it did not. Now, I was already skeptical with regards to the fitment so I did not have an issue paying the return shipping.

The flash hider however, is a pretty straight forward part. It was labeled on the website as 14mm CCW and this was not what I received. Therefore paying the return shipping is a little tougher to swallow.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank