Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CF 82 Pattern Webbing modernization.

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 19th, 2014, 19:19   #1
Combatboots

CF 82 Pattern Webbing modernization.

Hi,

For starters I do not play airsoft, never really had much of interest in it, however, I need your help.

Recently my regiment lifted its ban on non issued tac vests/chest rigging/webbing etc etc. So since I am looking to take advantage of it however I am cheap at the same time I pulled out my old 82 pattern webbing from when I was a reservist. I cannot find anything on any military streams showing any modernization for it. I currently have that butt pack, a canteen holder and a pistol holster that I am simply going to ditch off of it. My mag pouches have disappeared over the years. So since you guys seem to have some ungodly level to equipment that would make bin rats cum buckets, does anyone know if modernization does exist for this?
Combatboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 21:02   #2
grantmac

Honestly kind of not worth it. I've run Pat82 a number of times and while in my mind it's a better piece of kit then the issued tac-vest (ugh) it does have some major draw backs when you try to modernize it. The belt isn't particularly good at distributing the weight, especially when the yoke isn't attached to the top of the load as it does in the original configuration. With the yoke attached to the belt and then pouches added it twists badly.

What is your budget?
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 23:05   #3
Combatboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
Honestly kind of not worth it. I've run Pat82 a number of times and while in my mind it's a better piece of kit then the issued tac-vest (ugh) it does have some major draw backs when you try to modernize it. The belt isn't particularly good at distributing the weight, especially when the yoke isn't attached to the top of the load as it does in the original configuration. With the yoke attached to the belt and then pouches added it twists badly.

What is your budget?

The issue with weight isn't that huge. This is just for FTXs, on BFTs and in garrison stuff(morning PT etc) we are still restricted to the issued tac vest. I've got some stuff I will be dropping from my tac vest to the webbing, drop pouch, one point. My budget is only about 100 bucks. I never had much issue with the webbing when I still used it in regular service, just the butt pouch getting in the way of a ruck during extended marches. Personally if I had a complete set I'd probably keep it and just use it, but if I can find better kit that will work with it, instead of buying a full new rigging I'll use what I've got. I only have it at 100 because we're supposed to be getting new chest rigging apparently sometime in 2015(I know some PPCLI already have it) around the same time we're supposed to get the new combat boots. Its just a temp investment to make things slightly easier when I have to get up for a 3am stand too.
Old October 20th, 2014, 06:45   #4
WPJ

If you were good with it, just get the pieces you are missing and use it, probably ask around your unit and someone has them, else google/ebay/here will get you a full set for way under 100$ as 100$ doesn't buy you much modern stuff 2-3 pouches or just a belt
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:51   #5
R711

When I was using 82 pat I had mine modified by having a A7A strap buckle sewn onto the main front closure. Made it stay closed no matter what. Also had a 2 in wide strap sewn down the middle of the belt the entire length, and sewn 1 inch apart in line with the rivets holes. Plus, two D loops so as to line up with the ladder locks on the yoke. With this mod I could use at the time just about any ALICE/PLCE pouch on the market. It worked great. As for the ammo pouches I used two issue ones on my weak hand side and a C9 pouch on my strong side. Over all this was one of the best mods I have seen on the 82 pat.
I can see getting the same mods done, but buy getting MOLLE sewn on instead as to utilize the new pouch system. I have been thinking about doing that one as well.
Regards weiner
R711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 18:07   #6
Combatboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by R711 View Post
When I was using 82 pat I had mine modified by having a A7A strap buckle sewn onto the main front closure. Made it stay closed no matter what. Also had a 2 in wide strap sewn down the middle of the belt the entire length, and sewn 1 inch apart in line with the rivets holes. Plus, two D loops so as to line up with the ladder locks on the yoke. With this mod I could use at the time just about any ALICE/PLCE pouch on the market. It worked great. As for the ammo pouches I used two issue ones on my weak hand side and a C9 pouch on my strong side. Over all this was one of the best mods I have seen on the 82 pat.
I can see getting the same mods done, but buy getting MOLLE sewn on instead as to utilize the new pouch system. I have been thinking about doing that one as well.
Regards weiner

Now this is what I'm talking about. Do you have any pictures?

Cheers.
Old October 21st, 2014, 02:07   #7
R711

No, like a dumbass when clearing out they asked me if I wanted to keep my webbing I said no. Looking back on it I should have said yes, oh well. But, if I do the other mod I will take pics of it.
Weiner.
Old October 21st, 2014, 17:18   #8
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatboots View Post
Hi,

For starters I do not play airsoft, never really had much of interest in it, however, I need your help.

Recently my regiment lifted its ban on non issued tac vests/chest rigging/webbing etc etc. So since I am looking to take advantage of it however I am cheap at the same time I pulled out my old 82 pattern webbing from when I was a reservist. I cannot find anything on any military streams showing any modernization for it. I currently have that butt pack, a canteen holder and a pistol holster that I am simply going to ditch off of it. My mag pouches have disappeared over the years. So since you guys seem to have some ungodly level to equipment that would make bin rats cum buckets, does anyone know if modernization does exist for this?
When you factor in the costs of re-rigging 82 pat to be effective and the possible future costs of replacement/repair with dwindling supplies... I would honestly just look into a Molle "Battle Belt" and suspender setup. Same concept as the '82 kit, but lower profile (allowing donning of a check rig or the tac vest for additional load carriage) and far more durable/modular.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 18:10   #9
Combatboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman View Post
When you factor in the costs of re-rigging 82 pat to be effective and the possible future costs of replacement/repair with dwindling supplies... I would honestly just look into a Molle "Battle Belt" and suspender setup. Same concept as the '82 kit, but lower profile (allowing donning of a check rig or the tac vest for additional load carriage) and far more durable/modular.

As R711 had said before if the easiest thing he did was sew in strapping along the belt it should be pretty cheap, even finding ALICE/PLCE pouches is pretty cheap(might be able to get some for free). Also replacement isn't going to cost me a dime. By the time it runs its course we'll have the new chest riggings. I've seen them before, they actually look effective and I've heard pretty good reviews on them minus the fact you need a buddy to get one of the straps in the back. This is just a temp thing.
Old October 21st, 2014, 18:11   #10
Combatboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by R711 View Post
No, like a dumbass when clearing out they asked me if I wanted to keep my webbing I said no. Looking back on it I should have said yes, oh well. But, if I do the other mod I will take pics of it.
Weiner.

I've been saying that since I got that new ruck sack... Well that was 5 or 6 years ago now. Shoulda kept the old one.
Old October 21st, 2014, 20:04   #11
oniwagamaru
Occifer

Hey man I just want to know two things before I can help you out...
Are you hell bent on just using the 82 pat or are you cool with chest rigs and blast belts?
What is your kit list that you are going to need on this rig? Basically a quick requirements list.

I hope you're right about the SORD chest rig. I honestly thought they just cancelled it. I did see the new combat boots though. They look like hiking boots. I cant wait for the day that a new CANFORGEN comes out telling people not to blouse their boots anymore.
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 21:54   #12
Combatboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
Hey man I just want to know two things before I can help you out...
Are you hell bent on just using the 82 pat or are you cool with chest rigs and blast belts?
What is your kit list that you are going to need on this rig? Basically a quick requirements list.

I hope you're right about the SORD chest rig. I honestly thought they just cancelled it. I did see the new combat boots though. They look like hiking boots. I cant wait for the day that a new CANFORGEN comes out telling people not to blouse their boots anymore.

From what we know the rigging is still a go according to the 2VP dudes across the street. The boots, from what I've seen at base supply there are 2 different types. We can choose one of each or 2 of a single kind. Also there is supposed to be an issued version of NEOs coming out late next year which everyone pretty much has a raging boner over.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 05:12   #13
R711

Well, if it's the CF using the 82 pattern will let you fly under the radar. I admit that some of the new belt systems/chest rigs are a work of art. However, crusty old CSM/RSM's don't see it that way and want to get ready to fight in the Fulda Gap again. Therefore, use the modified 82 pat and not get in trouble. Side note, with the mods that I did, I rode the system like a rented mule and it lasted almost 11 years before retirement. Now, I can use what ever I want.
R711
Old October 24th, 2014, 10:56   #14
grantmac

If you have a sewing machine which is capable of getting through the Pat 82 then adding some webbing is very possible. Highly recommend sticking with the MOLLE standard since it can generally be used with ALICE pouches, but not the other way around.
However if you don't have the capability to perform the modification yourself then you will quickly find that paying someone to do it is a lot more costly then just getting something newer.

Another option would be to add something like a battle-belt with your Pat 82 as the inner belt.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 07:29   #15
WPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatboots View Post
As R711 had said before if the easiest thing he did was sew in strapping along the belt it should be pretty cheap, even finding ALICE/PLCE pouches is pretty cheap(might be able to get some for free). Also replacement isn't going to cost me a dime. By the time it runs its course we'll have the new chest riggings. I've seen them before, they actually look effective and I've heard pretty good reviews on them minus the fact you need a buddy to get one of the straps in the back. This is just a temp thing.
Do you know what the new chest rig is? Manufacture, model, pouches, colour?
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion