Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Milsim and Married

:

General

Old March 14th, 2011, 08:45   #31
MeatStick

26, married 3 kids and a dog. I play skirmish and Milsims almost every other weekend.
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:48   #32
iceman3994

33 married and 2 kids. Milsim
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:55   #33
Death March

36 Married with one son,started playing in 2005 well after I was married (Married alomost 10 years now). Do alittle Milsim but more Scrim type stuff.
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:37   #34
XPknight

29 Milsim Married, beautiful wife and baby girl!

XPknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:37   #35
bomber439

Wellll over 50, married, 4 grown-up kids (one of them got me into this), 2 grand kids. Re-enactor, many skirmishes. Still looking for my first milsim, could be Op Overlord if nothing before.

Aging is a disease and everyone has it. A pandemic for which there is no vaccine. And, if you live long enough, it will kill you.

bomber439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:11   #36
L473ncy

20, single still in school.....

Haven't played a milsim game yet but I have the gear and willingness to do it I just need to figure out logistics, prices, vacation, finance etc. I'd probably start off with a few smaller local "daysims" before taking on a real 24 hr+ milsim though.

Like mcguyver said, disposable income is a plus, I for one pretty much take to eating Ramen/KD to save up (and even then it's not Mr.Noodle or Kraft either..... it's the cheapo Presidents Choice, No Name, Kirkland, Safeway Select, and since the beginning of the school year "Asda Smart Price" brands...).

EDIT: Also I will have other hobbies when I'm older with more disposable income. I'm really interested in getting a bike (probably a 125 or 150cc to start off with then up to a 250 or 500cc when my premiums are sufficiently low/I have a good driving record.... god damn ICBC premiums on young male drivers in the city/urban areas...), also planning on getting a Chaser Tourer V, and not to mention other stuff like a house.

Last edited by L473ncy; March 14th, 2011 at 12:15..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:15   #37
doomed marine

27 , and married.

She makes me go play
doomed marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:56   #38
Coma
Age Verification Removed Due To Trade Dispute

I'm 23 and view my love-life like my airsoft life.... a skirm here and there is great fun; Milsim is too much commitment.
Old March 14th, 2011, 13:58   #39
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

21 , single since school is taking priority for now completing a double B.sc with a minor in philosophy

Apart from school, I try to go as many airsoft events as possible (skirmish, milsim, Larp)

Variety is the spice of life
Old March 14th, 2011, 14:03   #40
deltaop1

I'm mid-50's, happily married to my wife for 30 years now, and just retired after 33 years of work. In the five years that I have played airsoft my wife has been very supportive of my participation in the sport. She just doesn't want me to push myself to the extreme trying to keep up with players who are half my age.

I do play in skims, milsims, training sessions, whatever catches my fancy.
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 14:10   #41
DoctorBadVibez

Location: Scarborough, Unionville, Stouffville and on a Benetti
31 years old, one step son @ 7 years old, currently common law wife, beautiful, loving and INSTANTLY becomes one of the guys in a minute, wedding at Beaches Turks and Caicos in 2012, almost 60% of both our disposable incomes is going towards the wedding because we both agreed that a beach wedding + 21 days at our favorite resort would be the best idea as wedding and honeymoon (and family time for the three of us) are altogether (she's an event planner). I also have shedloads of family members coming to this wedding and AIN'T NO WAY in hell everyones going to be put up at peoples houses (that is stupid), we have discount codes for the resort for them. We have a balanced love and spending relationship, our son is somewhat spoilt but NO GUNS for him at all until he reaches late teens. The wife doesn't like to spend money on anything for herself unless she really needs or wants it. She was the one who told me I should get back into airsoft. I get to Milsim once in a while, skirmish often, drive my RC Cars with my son, fly my rc sailplanes when I have a chance... I get to enjoy all of it, but I found the trick, that is to NOT flood the lady with gun talk and speak your mind when you get back. I let mine know it was a great game or hunt, give her a big hug and a kiss, tell her that I missed her and wait for her to tell me "how was it?" Often I notice that we men ignore the small things (no I'm not talking about the front sight post on an AR) and that pisses the ladies off...

Last edited by DoctorBadVibez; March 14th, 2011 at 14:12.. Reason: I suck at thyping......
DoctorBadVibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 14:13   #42
testtube
A Total Bastard

Send a message via MSN to testtube
35 seperated been playing 12 years now like the milsim side of things but some days a good old skrim day is fun.
testtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 16:03   #43
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
18, milsim and most likely foreveralone.jpg if i keep spending all my money on gear and guns :lol:
This, minus foreveralone.jpg (for now). Also, living in a cardboard box.

Last edited by Shatter; March 15th, 2011 at 00:00..
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 19:10   #44
Armed Infidel
a.k.a. Bob Sickinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaop1 View Post
I'm mid-50's, happily married to my wife for 30 years now, and just retired after 33 years of work. In the five years that I have played airsoft my wife has been very supportive of my participation in the sport. She just doesn't want me to push myself to the extreme trying to keep up with players who are half my age.

I do play in skims, milsims, training sessions, whatever catches my fancy.
Yes!!!!! someone in my age bracket!!!...Am 52 married(30 years!) with 4 kids, helps that the two youngest (19 and 22) are into airsoft. This year is first year of serious milsim but been playing for a couple of years now.

My wife is also very supportive but like delta doesn't want me to blow up my knees or stroke out trying to keep up(but it's ok I'm insured!)

Cheers

JIHAD...works both ways
Armed Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 20:31   #45
swatt13
Captain Awesome

28 married kids, milsim
full permission

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General