Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ordering from Ehobbyasia

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2011, 20:53   #16
Toxicrider

My question is if EHobbyAsia knowingly sells guns to Canadians by misrepresentation why does this site have their banner on it? Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but I almost ordered a claymore mine from them before I realized that it could be at issue concerning importation as I am not too up to speed on the CBSA rules concerning replica mines LOL. We seem to frequently see stories just like the one in this thread where people order from them only to have the gun seized and to loose their money. Folks can chant the buy Canadian mantra all they want, people will continue to go outside for whatever reason and having their banner could be construed as this site "recommending" them as a vendor.

Just asking. (As I put on my nomex suit due to the high potential for being flamed)

Last edited by Toxicrider; August 24th, 2011 at 20:55..
Old August 24th, 2011, 21:30   #17
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicrider View Post
My question is if EHobbyAsia knowingly sells guns to Canadians by misrepresentation why does this site have their banner on it? Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but I almost ordered a claymore mine from them before I realized that it could be at issue concerning importation as I am not too up to speed on the CBSA rules concerning replica mines LOL. We seem to frequently see stories just like the one in this thread where people order from them only to have the gun seized and to loose their money. Folks can chant the buy Canadian mantra all they want, people will continue to go outside for whatever reason and having their banner could be construed as this site "recommending" them as a vendor.

Just asking. (As I put on my nomex suit due to the high potential for being flamed)

Look at the FAQs, look at the numerous threads: haven't we done enough to inform people? What more can we do? How else can we beat it into peoples' skulls that they shouldn't try importing restricted items unless they know what the fuck they're doing (versus wishful thinking and thinking they know what they're doing)?

Ehobby Asia has a banner up because they sell a LOT of stuff, most of it 100% fine for people to order and import.

It's the buyer/importer's responsibility to know what they can and cannot order. If after all the warnings people choose to not read them, ignore them, think they can outfox the system (cuz they're just that fucking clever), or decide to go with wishful thinking and hope they'll be the 1 in 100 to get in under the radar, then they fucking deserve whatever loss they have coming. Full stop.
Old August 24th, 2011, 21:31   #18
slink182

eHobby is, afaik, paying for the advertisement.

Now, you can still order from them, but just not guns (or receivers, or anything else that would be considered prohib, such as the claymore you mentioned). Mostly these are items that nobody in Canada is carrying, or odd bits that have low demand.

There are still a lot of related items you can import, just nothing on the prohib goods list.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:02   #19
ehobbyasia

Lol this is hilarious.
Actually there’s so much untruth in this thread it’s just not funny.

Ok let’s clear some facts.
Firstly… There are many things you are not allowed to import. Airsoft Claymores, silencers, whole pistols, M203’s selected AEG's and GBB.
These are all at great risk of being lost to customs.
But if you order a claymore, you will be warned of the risk, but for those that insist, it will be shipped.

Secondly we have been shipping modify airsoft guns safely into Canada for several years now.
Several hundreds of M4, M16, Ak, SVD, M249 and M60’s even. With near 100% success rate.
So long as you are AV'd, with no criminal record, it’s just a matter of correct modification and the crossing the T’s and doting the I’s on the paperwork
Our packages contain documents to be inspected by customs.
These documents are provided by customs for this process. This is standard procedure.
We are not blacklisted, and you won’t get black listed buying from us.

As for the boycott.
Originally about shipping By UPS, not caring about the Canadian airsofting community and bad CS.
As proven the UPS was only temp because of the postal strike. And other stores did the same. where as we were accused for doing it for the money.
And we won’t have arranged with customs the procedures to import airsoft guns safely into Canada, if we didn’t care.

“Oh they in it for the money” …we sell a item for $300 with minimal mark up. Yet you’re local retailer might sell it for $600.
But we are made to look like the Money Hungry bad guy with bad CS.
And it’s some of these elements of the Canadian airsoft industry that will tell you the negative about ehobby or create boycotts or insist you can't import a airsoft gun from overseas.
When the simple fact is... with the right procedures, You can!

The boycott had a negative effect on sales of Airsoft guns to Canada.
Sorry I lie on that one.
We should be paying you for that advertising. Lol.
And I’m sorry for not thanking you earlier.
Thxs again

jeffmorton please PM me your order number as I’m not aware of your case and will investigate.

Seriously… I come from a airsoft restricted country myself, and find this quite sad that some members of this airsoft community don’t want the community to expand and grown to its full potential.

And special thank you for theses that have continued to shop with us and expand you local airsoft community.

Gopher I’m sorry. Your friend will win this argument.

Have Jam… will be toasted.
#1 Airsoft Exporter from the Airsoft capital of the world.

Last edited by ehobbyasia; August 25th, 2011 at 01:13..
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:17   #20
George Burdell

Seeing the lovely conversations people have had with your customer service, I would rather not order anything else from Ehobby Asia.
Old August 25th, 2011, 08:30   #21
T-Hell

Stuff from Ehobby IS getting opened by CBSA now

REPEAT IS GETTING OPENED BY CBSA NOW. with no exceptions... CBSA is hip to the "Toy Parts" game EHA plays. and the Disassembling pistol game they play.

so if you order it from EHA.. and it is banned (like silencers, fake bullets, guns etc) then don't expect to see it.

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:23   #22
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Re: ehobbyasia's above post.

I don't know who they're trying to kid, there's plenty of correspondence posted here showing pretty much everything in that statement is false. Though I suppose they have to try.

To ehobbyasia I'd like to say, you underestimated how well we communicate and how much we stick together (despite having an account on this forum). You've made your bed and now you're going to have to lie in it. Good luck redeeming that reputation, you're going to need it.
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:17   #23
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehobbyasia View Post
Ok let’s clear some facts.

Secondly we have been shipping modify airsoft guns safely into Canada for several years now.
Several hundreds of M4, M16, Ak, SVD, M249 and M60’s even. With near 100% success rate.
So clear the facts, don't just give us some weak-sauce hand-waving. We're gonna need some proof here, and not just a cheesy text list of supposed sales, but hard evidence with real customer testimonials.

Seriously:

Here are some easy steps for Ehobbyasia to open the Canadian floodgates. Do the following steps and you will make a ton of money:

1) Continue selling M4s to Canadians.

2) For each Canadian that receives one, offer them a small 5% rebate discount IF they post their success story on Youtube or ASC and (this part is important) show complete paperwork and proof that they actually got it from Ehobbyasia.

3) Continue posting the above success stories and make them public. If possible, get an official statement from a CBSA agent and make it available to ASC members.

4) Gain our trust. Give us proof. Watch the piles of money roll in.

Want to make a ton of money? Want to gain our trust? Make us believe. None of the above steps take a lot of work, this is perhaps a couple hours of work, posting some stuff online and changing a couple things on your website. It's that easy. The return on investment will be huge.

Will this idea be dismissed with a hand wave? Let's find out.
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:26   #24
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hell View Post

REPEAT IS GETTING OPENED BY CBSA NOW. with no exceptions... CBSA is hip to the "Toy Parts" game EHA plays. and the Disassembling pistol game they play.

so if you order it from EHA.. and it is banned (like silencers, fake bullets, guns etc) then don't expect to see it.
Some parts from EHA just came in today and my package wasn't opened. I've also never had silencers opened or seized before, regardless of where I've bought it from. You should at least be specific about which stuff is getting opened. Please don't post such statements unless you have actual experience.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
Old August 25th, 2011, 14:01   #25
Danke

Same here, my last boxes from EHA came through with no CBSA seals added, and that was after the meltdown also so just recently.

As for the rest of the topic, the details have been discussed extensively in the age verified sub forum.
Old August 25th, 2011, 16:13   #26
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
I can vouch for Calgary CBSA about EHA. Spoke to a few of them at work and they tell me that EHA "is being looked at". Not sure how far that goes honestly but they are aware. We're not even a huge hub so I figure if they know the Vancouver and Mississauga offices would have to be told as well.
Old August 25th, 2011, 17:03   #27
SuperCriollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehobbyasia View Post

So, If I order a gun from you with all the correct modifications and it gets seized will you give me my money back ?
You are stating that you have "near 100% success rate.", dont you.

SuperCriollo
Old August 25th, 2011, 18:09   #28
kaiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hell View Post

Just wanted to say my recent order was completely opened up and everything was checked *stuff opened up, etc...* and the nice Customs Yellow Tape they use to seal it up again

My TM P90 mags came in no problem though along with the rest of my order though

This is actually the first time I've had a package opened by customs from ehobby, but then again it was a big box I guess.

*no experience with importing airsoft guns yet though*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
So, If I order a gun from you with all the correct modifications and it gets seized will you give me my money back ?
You are stating that you have "near 100% success rate.", dont you.

If we can get full refund if the airsoft gun gets seized, I wouldn't hesitate either. Quite a few I want T.T

Last edited by kaiu; August 25th, 2011 at 18:11..
Old August 25th, 2011, 18:13   #29
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

A word of advice Kaiu? Don't get any experience trying to import airsoft guns. The CBSA is getting smarter and more informed dailly and are cracking down on those doing it improperly. Both importers and shipping locations that are not following proper procedures are having equipment seized, detained, returned or even destroyed.

Don't add your name to the growing list of people/companies on the CBSA watch list.
Old August 25th, 2011, 18:18   #30
kaiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
A word of advice Kaiu? Don't get any experience trying to import airsoft guns. The CBSA is getting smarter and more informed dailly and are cracking down on those doing it improperly. Both importers and shipping locations that are not following proper procedures are having equipment seized, detained, returned or even destroyed.

Don't add your name to the growing list of people/companies on the CBSA watch list.
Well like what everyone else wants, it's not about us importing improperly.

They say they are doing it properly, if there is any form of guarantee then I wouldn't hesitate.

(e.g. Official written letter/statement by CBSA preferrably with dates, 100% full refund *including shipping and modification cost of course*)

Last edited by kaiu; August 25th, 2011 at 18:21..
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank