Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shrinking a glove?

:

Gear Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:16   #1
Skladfin
 
Skladfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Shrinking a glove?

Hey guys

I just got a new pair of Clone Oakley's SI Pilot Gloves and absolutely love it. Though one thing is, it's ever so slightly too big for my pinky and thumb(less than quarter of an inch).

Is it possible to somehow shrink a glove?



Thanks!
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:45   #2
Hortons Heros
 
Hortons Heros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prince George BC

this guy might be able to help...sorry I couldn't resist
__________________
age verifier for Prince George, Mackenzie, Quesnel, Fort st James and northren BC
http://pgairsoft.goodforum.net/index.forum
Hortons Heros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:37   #3
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
I think there's too much synthetic material in those to shrink.

A good way to shrink something is to first get it fitting perfectly, and then let someone else wash it in super hot water and then put in in a dryer for a couple hours. That only works with stuff that fits though, if it's too big it won't shrink!
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:06   #4
Skladfin
 
Skladfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I think there's too much synthetic material in those to shrink.

A good way to shrink something is to first get it fitting perfectly, and then let someone else wash it in super hot water and then put in in a dryer for a couple hours. That only works with stuff that fits though, if it's too big it won't shrink!
I see. I'll try that. It's ever so slightly too large haha.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:42   #5
Schlyder
IronOverlord
 
Schlyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Broadview,Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortons Heros View Post

this guy might be able to help...sorry I couldn't resist
ROFLMAO, I was just going to do the same, hahahaha
__________________
Schlyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:46   #6
Schlyder
IronOverlord
 
Schlyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Broadview,Saskatchewan
on a serious note, if you can turn the fingers inside out, cut the seam, trim some of the offending finger tip, and resew. I have done this to lots of gloves that didn't quite fit right.
__________________
Schlyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:58   #7
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronOverlord View Post
on a serious note, if you can turn the fingers inside out, cut the seam, trim some of the offending finger tip, and resew. I have done this to lots of gloves that didn't quite fit right.
What he said.. you don't want to shrink them you want to Alter them.

Also ... with wear they will fit better
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.