Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best M4/M16 Mid Cap?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 23rd, 2015, 23:51   #1
KillerUnleashed

Best M4/M16 Mid Cap?

I'm having trouble picking a good mid cap for my TR4-18. I had 6 Ares plain $10 mags and they was complete junk so I returned them and I wanted to get KWA k120's but I only found 2 places selling them in Canada and 1 is out of stock and the other site (hero outdoors) are numerous horrible reviews so I really don't wanna gamble with them. I thought about buying from airsoft gi but the thought of wasting my money due to a seizure or brokerage fee's has turned me off completely from trying to import. So if anyone knows some good mid caps are perhaps wants to post a link as well that would be awesome!
KillerUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 00:28   #2
AppleDrops

I love the PTS Enhanced Polymer magazine. 150 rounds and feels great in my hands. I've dropped it a few times with no damage at all. It says its compatible with version 2 m4 aegs by TM, KWA, PTS PDR-C, PTS ERG series, PTS Masada, G&P, the VFC 416, the CA 416 and the AMOEBA AM Variants. Could try looking to see if a store is willing to let you fit them into your rifle?
AppleDrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 00:58   #3
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I have EPMs and I think they are totally overpriced magazines. I got to look at the new Hexmag at TA today, not cheap at $25 but I like the look of them... I'll probably buy one to see how it runs. I'm a fan of G&P high-rof polymer midcaps from Evike, I have a bunch in great condition with the magpul baseplates that I may sell if you're interested in them.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 05:04   #4
ShadowTwoSix

I had great success with the SOCOMGEAR Lancer 190rd mags in my VFC HK416. The RS versions were designed to fit in the non-US made AR platforms such as 416's & SCARs etc. so the different design of the 416's magwell shouldn't be a problem. These mags fed flawlessly in my 416 with nary a problem. As for how they fit with your particular model, hopup & build, I can't say but definitely worth checking out. Although they're not cheap, they're certainly not as costly as the EPMs.

Here's a pretty decent review by OM3GA: http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread....comgear+lancer

Just a side note on the Lancers... they come in Smoked Clear with fake rounds showing and solid Tan or FDE. I've had both colours and discovered that the smoked versions feel more solid than the tan for one reason. The smoked have the fake bullet inserts which fill in the space in between the outer walls and the midcap's inner assembly. The Tan mags don't include the inserts for obvious reasons, but this results in a bit of play in the sides of the mag whereas the smoked versions are solid. Overall though, it doesn't seem to affect the performance at all.

Old September 24th, 2015, 08:07   #5
_Whiskey_

I use the Elite Force 120 RD midcaps in My VFC M16's and they work great
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:06   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
When CDN was good.. I'd order from Ehobby and EBairsoft.

- Beta Project PMAG with bullet windows (Had about 12 of these) ($30-35 USD)
- MAG MAG plastic mags and metal mags (Same as above, minus metal was more $$)

All ran well =]

Last edited by BioRage; September 24th, 2015 at 10:07..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 09:40   #7
Rossco66

King Arms at about $10/mag fit snugly in my VFC Fighter but the PMags are super sloppy, so much so that I only run them in my G&G now. Love the look of the PMag but all of the play led to accidental release and multiple feeding issues due to imprecise alignment.

Certainly not worth additional money for worse performance on my platform.
Old September 24th, 2015, 11:19   #8
waylander

I haven't tried every brand out there but I've tried about 5-6 and honestly, the brand that worked for the most guns was the king arms. Not the prettiest but in the end performance trumps that. I have 4 different brands of guns and it gets tiring carrying 2 full sets of mags (for backup gun) because one brand won't take the mags of another brand....
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:02   #9
Rossco66

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
I haven't tried every brand out there but I've tried about 5-6 and honestly, the brand that worked for the most guns was the king arms. Not the prettiest but in the end performance trumps that. I have 4 different brands of guns and it gets tiring carrying 2 full sets of mags (for backup gun) because one brand won't take the mags of another brand....
Yep. Box of 10 for 100 bucks or there abouts. Can't beat it.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion