Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Asian Fit Goggles and Prescription Glasses

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 2nd, 2014, 22:58   #1
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Asian Fit Goggles and Prescription Glasses

So I'm in the market for a pair of better goggles. My FlakJaks have served me well, but they're starting to get uncomfortable to the point where I can't really use them anymore.

So, I'm looking at Asian Fit goggles for my Asian Face.

So far, I've narrowed it down to the ESS Striker NVG and the Smith Elite OTW goggles.

I know for a fact that the ESS goggles are designed to fit over eyeglasses but their 6-year old design and seemingly strange construction makes me skeptical as to how comfortable they would really be.

The OTW looks much more comfy, as well has having a few nifty features like the rotating goggle strap, 3 lens kit, etc. However, I don't know if the OTW will fit over prescription eyeglasses.

Does anyone have any experience with either goggle system that can direct me to one or the other?
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 23:06   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

you mean the profile nvg or the striker?

striker is the older model that's been discontinued. They're huge but fit my extra flat face really nicely.

The nvgs might not fit as well over some glasses.

The older strikers if you can still get them do fit over glasses, and I wear really wide framed glasses. I'm in the 55-58 range for frame width.

I switched to contacts for gaming, I gave up trying to fit goggles over glasses. It's just a whole lot more comfortable and no double fog issues.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 23:07   #3
redzaku

revision asian fit ballistic goggles
http://www.revisionmilitary.com/prod...goggle-system/
you can get a carrier for 25 dosh
revision all the way
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 23:10   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

now that you mention them... I have a pair of revision desert locusts asian fit. They're about the same profile/size as the ess profile nvg. Somehwat slim design and fit. I don't like them because they are rubber seal to your face, not foam like the ess. The rubber starts slipping all over the place when you start sweating so your goggles slide around a bit.

The benefit of revision is that there are huge discount coupon codes floating around online that work. I think 40% off.
Old October 8th, 2014, 02:00   #5
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
I would love the rX Carrier option but that would involve putting lenses in something and I don't have the money to do that.

I was just wondering if anyone with experience with the Asian Locust, Asian OTX, or Asian Striker NVG (not the super old Striker ones; those are ugly lol) could tell me if relatively compact sized glasses would fit underneath.
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 04:13   #6
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Yeah it adds up quick, with my Desert Locust fan kit, thermal lens, Px insert and Px lenses I'm pushing $400. Wish I knew about those coupon codes earlier. I wouldn't attempt glasses under the standard Desert Locusts so I think the Asian fit will probably be worse for space. Save up and see if someone will pop polycarbonate lenses in for cheap, mine were $160 at Hakim for reference.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 04:31   #7
T_A_N_K

I wore my ESS Profile Asian Fit TurboFan Goggles for a 24Hr Milsim they were pretty comfortable. They should fit over glasses, but it really depends on your glasses.

I would recommend getting something with a fan or putting one on, glasses or RX inserts tend to fog up.

I'm selling mine btw

Last edited by T_A_N_K; October 8th, 2014 at 04:34..
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:44   #8
Cypher3060

ESS NVG Frames are very pliable. I bought used USGI ESS NVG frames from eBay for a good price and then bought ESS Asian lenses straight from ESS. The company says they don't fit, but trust me, they pop right in and work perfectly fine. If you want fans, just buy some mini laptop fans off eBay and wire them to a 9V battery (what I did as well).
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion