Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old December 22nd, 2014, 14:54   #1471
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantaxtic View Post
The people that know way too much about real steel guns when they have never fired one or have their firearms license.
What's wrong with this?
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 15:03   #1472
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
What's wrong with this?
They tend to try and give advice or tell people what it would be like to use or experience said firearms.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 15:57   #1473
Splinter

NDs especially friendly fire NDs.. Years ago at flagraiders outdoor drug lab a buddy of mine spit a burst of .25s from a TM glock 18c at my leg and cock.. Hurt like hell luckily had some slack in the pants so my leg go the grunt of it..

n00bs that think they have juggernaut armor like in COD that stand up and unload highcaps at targets 250-300ft away blowing hard earned flanking postion.. This of course with stock aegs that can't achieve the distance..

Back man not watching teams 6 causing a massive team slaughter then blaming someone else
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 16:00   #1474
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

People who refuse to believe that their gun will perform optimally unless their FPS is <1 lower than the field limit.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 16:09   #1475
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
They tend to try and give advice or tell people what it would be like to use or experience said firearms.
That doesn't sound like a "knowing too much" problem. I didn't think that the OP meant that, but I guess if other people are interpreting it that way, I didn't read into it properly.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 16:09   #1476
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
People who refuse to believe that their gun will perform optimally unless their FPS is <1 lower than the field limit.
Tactical Like....

Is there a spring that'll get my gun shooting 399.59999_ FPS? I don't want to be over field limits. Right now my gun is shooting 391 FPS, but I'm just not happy with its performance, and I think that extra FPS will be life changing.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 16:53   #1477
Jimski

well I am unhappy with my body and wish it could deliver way more fps.
I tried adding tactical cupcakes but it makes the whole damn thing harder to move.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 17:05   #1478
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
That doesn't sound like a "knowing too much" problem. I didn't think that the OP meant that, but I guess if other people are interpreting it that way, I didn't read into it properly.
I think they meant theoretical versus practical knowledge/experience. So for example, giving advice on how to shoulder a firearm when they've never fired before, versus knowing how to shoulder based on practical hands-on experience, which would hold more merit because the former doesn't have experience on the actual kick or anticipation of recoil. They claim to know practical experience, when it's really non-applicable theoretics they're trying to apply.

Speaking as a person whose never handled real steel, I would never give advice on the practical performance of operating one. It's one of those "too big for your breeches" things that makes you seem pretentious when you really don't know jack shit about the thing you're talking about.

Airsoft is another story.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 17:35   #1479
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

And on the same topic, people who want sidearms that are shooting 400fps so they can "get as much range as a primary" with it.

*twitch*
Old December 22nd, 2014, 17:36   #1480
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
In my defense, I had to take the protective spring guide washer off to get my M130 to shoot 419fps. I actually cannot make it shoot 410 =/
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 17:52   #1481
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
In my defense, I had to take the protective spring guide washer off to get my M130 to shoot 419fps. I actually cannot make it shoot 410 =/
You are literally setting definition to the pet peeve.

PS. Why didn't you cut the spring and regrind the end? That washer prevents the spring from binding when compressed.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 17:53   #1482
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Yeah, but you're not some scrub who thinks adding 60fps to his cybergun thompson is gonna magically compete with my R hopped SR15 for range.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 18:06   #1483
Danke

People who won't install a Polarstar in my R-hopped Gas PTW are currently annoying me.

The customer is always right; that's what people like about me.
Old December 24th, 2014, 12:16   #1484
phantaxtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
I think they meant theoretical versus practical knowledge/experience. So for example, giving advice on how to shoulder a firearm when they've never fired before, versus knowing how to shoulder based on practical hands-on experience, which would hold more merit because the former doesn't have experience on the actual kick or anticipation of recoil. They claim to know practical experience, when it's really non-applicable theoretics they're trying to apply.

Speaking as a person whose never handled real steel, I would never give advice on the practical performance of operating one. It's one of those "too big for your breeches" things that makes you seem pretentious when you really don't know jack shit about the thing you're talking about.

Airsoft is another story.
I meant it as . . Guys that get all excited about real steal but have never fired a gun. It's like telling me how awesome the new Nissan 370z handles yet you've never driven a car.
I play airsoft because it's fun as he'll. Not because I get a bone while cleaning my gear. COD gun experts need not apply
phantaxtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 17:17   #1485
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantaxtic View Post
I meant it as . . Guys that get all excited about real steal but have never fired a gun. It's like telling me how awesome the new Nissan 370z handles yet you've never driven a car.
I play airsoft because it's fun as he'll. Not because I get a bone while cleaning my gear. COD gun experts need not apply
Same difference... sort of.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General