Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

1st SFOD-D (Delta Force/Combat Applications Group/ACE)

:

USA

Old March 15th, 2012, 20:09   #61
Roughneck561

LPAAC.
Roughneck561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 15:05   #62
wiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post
My daily browsing revolves around SEALs and PMC's most of the time - but out of curiosity - how accurate was the delta force loadout in Black Hawk Down? The tan with black etc.

Was it just an early 2000's thing?
The Film had direct support from both the Rangers and Delta Force, just watch the "making of" featurette in the special features, or nowadays you can just youtube it. (is that even a verb?)

The actors went to fort Bragg and did a crash course in basic SF skills. the Ranger actors, like Orlando Bloom, learned basic soldier speak and trade skills and got PT'd to death, and the Delta actors, like Eric Bana, blew in doors and rode in helicopters...

Point is, the loadouts were almost dead accurate...with a few minor exceptions that are too negligent to really matter. The US army supplied all the gear, including the MH-60's, which were operational at the time. Can you imagine BHD with Hueys...

If you read the book, it basically confirms the accuracy of everything, and really puts the whole film in a good context, like how chaotic and gongshow it was from the start.

And yes, it happened in 1993, and the incident was the main reason that the US pulled out of Somalia and why its such a shitshow today...but hey, who hasn't at some point in their life wanted to grow up to be a pirate.

OK, history lesson over.

Delta, like the rest of USSOCOM, uses multicam when it suits the mission and is mainly used as a replacement to the standard Woodland BDU's (USSOCOM was authorised to wear old BDU's for jungle missions when ACU was still the main uniform, I found the Policy handbook saying so at an American Army PX). As for vests and other gear, they use what they've always used, but the LBT 6094 seems to have become a crowd favourite after the Navy SEALs started using them in place or the MARCIRAS. SF's like them because the vest's release mechanism. the 6094 has pull tabs under the plate compartment, so only the plate is dropped if they need to ditch weight. the MARCIRAS (and most other releasable vests including the US Army's IOTV) uses a release system that ditches the entire rig, which includes most importantly all your second line ammo, which if your already in a situation that requires you to ditch weight, is probably rather necessary...hmmm, who thought that one out...

If you want to know where I found out some of these things, I will gladly provide the sources. I'm not just speculating, and I hate people who speculate about the military like its there job. I have talked to a few operators, mostly Canadian SOF guys but a few American too, and I have actually gotten a decent answer to most questions (like did you know that JTF2 uses the RAV vest almost exclusively).

BHD...true story

Last edited by wiskers; September 19th, 2012 at 12:47..
wiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 15:14   #63
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

Smooth read! Appreciate it!

Delta & LBT 6094..find that interesting!
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 15:22   #64
oniwagamaru
Occifer

Well according kit up, delta is using Crye Cage armor these days and it is even airforce special tactics to change plate carriers from LBT carriers to crye stuff. Like someone said, Caleb Crye is the Steve Jobs of the tactical world.
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:01   #65
wiskers

No vest seems to be exclusive to any one branch in the SF:

Here's some Green Berets, and the guy on the left is wearing a CAGE Chassis, evidence that its not exclusive to Delta:

These are unspecified SF's, but I'm pretty sure they're Delta because Delta likes to use Ranger green for their equipment because of its versatility, and change usually only the uniform for each mission. I can't find direct evidence of this for Delta specifically, but I know JTF2 has OD vests for the same reason (that fact I can verify).

Truth is you're never gonna find good and plentiful photos of delta, its definitely not in their nature as opposed to the camera-hogging sea-sprouts called the Navy SEALs (Act of Valor anyone?)
wiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:20   #66
Conker

No, that bottom pic is New Zealand's SAS.

And... who said the CAGE was Delta only? No one did. There's been MARSOC, SF, CAG, FBI HRT and civvy range queers seen with it...
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:25   #67
oniwagamaru
Occifer

Yeah I never said it was CAG exclusive! Thanks Conker!
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε

Last edited by oniwagamaru; March 21st, 2012 at 20:53..
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:26   #68
faithless

Lord Conker,

Would CAGE be a special purchase by the units, or personal purchase?
faithless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:35   #69
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
The Film had direct support from both the Rangers and Delta Force, just watch the "making of" featurette in the special features, or nowadays you can just youtube it. (is that even a verb?)

The actors went to fort Bragg and did a crash course in basic SF skills. the Ranger actors, like Orlando Bloom, learned basic soldier speak and trade skills and got PT'd to death, and the Delta actors, like Eric Bana, blew in doors and rode in helicopters...

Point is, the loadouts were almost dead accurate...with a few minor exceptions that are too negligent to really matter. The US army supplied all the gear, including the MH-60's, which were operational at the time. Can you imagine BHD with Hueys...

If you read the book, it basically confirms the accuracy of everything, and really puts the whole film in a good context, like how chaotic and gongshow it was from the start.

And yes, it happened in 1993, and the incident was the main reason that the US pulled out of Somalia and why its such a shitshow today...but hey, who hasn't at some point in their life wanted to grow up to be a pirate.

OK, history lesson over.

Delta, like the rest of USSOCOM, uses multicam when it suits the mission and is mainly used as a replacement to the standard Woodland BDU's (USSOCOM was authorised to wear old BDU's for jungle missions when ACU was still the main uniform, I found the Policy handbook saying so at an American Army PX). As for vests and other gear, they use what they've always used, but the LBT 6094 seems to have become a crowd favourite after the Navy SEALs started using them in place or the MARCIRAS. SF's like them because the vest's release mechanism. the 6094 has pull tabs under the plate compartment, so only the plate is dropped if they need to ditch weight. the MARCIRAS (and most other releasable vests including the US Army's IOTV) uses a release system that ditches the entire rig, which includes most importantly all your second line ammo, which if your already in a situation that requires you to ditch weight, is probably rather necessary...hmmm, who thought that one out...

If you want to know where I found out some of these things, I will gladly provide the sources. I'm not just speculating, and I hate people who speculate about the military like its there job. I have talked to a few operators, mostly Canadian SOF guys but a few American too, and I have security clearance, so I can actually get a decent answer to most questions (like did you know that JTF2 uses the RAV vest almost exclusively).

BHD...true story
Do not stop posting good sir!

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:38   #70
Rush
formerly Medix

I just watch The Unit for all my Delta info
Shits legit
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:51   #71
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
I just watch The Unit for all my Delta info
Shits legit
Mack is a bad ass cowboy and T-1000 is an asshole.
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:54   #72
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
Also, whiskers, Are you in the CF? Or do you work at the staff college or up in the base? I am just curious man...
CF Officer according to profile. Thats Gangsta.
Old March 21st, 2012, 20:11   #73
scottyfox

Quote:
That's not what he was asking, and since when is it gangsta to be an officer? Most of the enlisted folks on ASC would disagree :P OCdts don't count Oni
But do tell wiskers, chances are I've played softball or hockey against you.

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 20:25   #74
Vince

There you go kids

Crye CPC and 417

Old March 21st, 2012, 20:28   #75
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
LMFAO...Gangsta????

thats whack yo

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA