Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

bb extreme downward curve

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 28th, 2015, 21:37   #1
Detriix

bb extreme downward curve

hey guys. so today I finally was able to take my brand new G&G TR4MOD0 to the field. I've plinked with it only indoors. I tried .2 .25 .28 .3 weights and all of them do the same. they downward curve at around 70-100 feet. the weird thing is even with the hop wheel turned all the way up it still does it. any help is appricated. from what I was told when I chrono fps sits at around 390-400

IG: callsign_manbun
Detriix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 22:54   #2
RainyEyes

If you turn hop all the way up I believe the bb gain's too much friction and that slows down the bb like crazy without the benefits of the backspin. Try turning it off and then gradually tweaking it to optimal range.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 09:12   #3
Detriix

I've tried hop turned off and on. both give the same result of the bbs dropping. I did find that shooting the gun side way increased the range. any other ideas? time to upgrade?

Old December 1st, 2015, 09:57   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

It seemes 2 things could be happening. 3 perhaps. It could be airseal if you are not 100% sure of the fps I'd get that checked first.
If the fps is okay then the original 2 issues are the likely cause. Firstly the hop up could just outright suck. IE at full hop you are still getting no hop. You can see this by removing the barrel group and looking inside as you adjust. Don't see the rubber entering the barrel a decent ammount then it's a hop up issue of some kind.
If the bb's are getting out and then taking a dramatic dive bomb then something is causing top spin on the BB. Could be a burr in the barrel or some interference from the flash hider/barrel extension. Try checking the hop for function and give the inner a good cleaning then confirm no interference from any other areas and try again.
I'd assume the increase in range when sideways is also met with a hard curve at about the sake range the bb would drop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 10:24   #5
EOD Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
If you turn hop all the way up I believe the bb gain's too much friction and that slows down the bb like crazy without the benefits of the backspin. Try turning it off and then gradually tweaking it to optimal range.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
It seemes 2 things could be happening. 3 perhaps. It could be airseal if you are not 100% sure of the fps I'd get that checked first.
If the fps is okay then the original 2 issues are the likely cause. Firstly the hop up could just outright suck. IE at full hop you are still getting no hop. You can see this by removing the barrel group and looking inside as you adjust. Don't see the rubber entering the barrel a decent ammount then it's a hop up issue of some kind.
Yes.
Quote:
If the bb's are getting out and then taking a dramatic dive bomb then something is causing top spin on the BB.
No.

Take your barrel out, look through the bore while adjusting the hop wheel and observe if there is any debris in the barrel and if the hop-up has any visible effects in the chamber.

The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 10:41   #6
Strelok

EOD has the right idea. I've seen barrels with burring around the back of the bore that had created some interesting BB flights.

AR's are super simple to check the barrel on at least!
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 14:27   #7
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

Turn the gun upside down, then the bb will go up!

Sounds like a joke, but seriously try it. If it does go up, then you'll know there is something in the gun causing the bb to curve that way.
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 14:54   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Having the BB curve down at 60 - 100 feet is the equivalent of no hop, not a downward spin. I'd say your hop-up is the problem for some reason. Is your hop-up stock? What type of BB are you using? Slide out your barrel grouping and physically watch the bucking adjust. Dirt and debris can change your tradjectory, but not cancel out Hop-up or give it an aggressive downward spin.

This is a good excuse for you to get someone to R-Hop your gun for you.

Last edited by Ricochet; December 1st, 2015 at 14:57..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 15:57   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Sounds like no hop. So yeah you have to take out your hopup and inner barrel assembly and see what's wrong.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 16:08   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

inspect barrel group outside the gun and observe the hop mound while you adjust the wheel from one end of adjustment to the other. If it's working properly the mound should lower and raise out of the barrel window in the top.

If it's not then the nub is missing, arm is broken, adjusters are broken, barrel is installed upsidedown or there is something wrong with the rubber.
Old December 8th, 2015, 21:10   #11
Detriix

thanks guys. so far I know a few things.
fps is around 380-390
it actually shoots hot at Niagara quartermaster. therefore I'm cancelling out airseal.
I gave the barrel a good clean and the tissue came out pretty dirty. I have yet to disassemble the gun.

I did stick a flashlight in the mag well and looked down the barrel and didn't see any movement while I tuned the hop up ( can you see the nub move from here?) I will keep you updated. any more suggestions would be great.

any suggestions towards upgrades would be good too while we're on the subject

Old December 8th, 2015, 23:42   #12
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

It may be tough to see the hoo nub enter the barrek from the front.
For upgrade it depends on what you want out of the gun.
Basics would be barrel group for range, accuracy, consistency. And then airseal parts. After that it's high speed or high power or both or durability etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 23:59   #13
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Pull the barrel grouping out, it shouldn't be complicated.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner