|June 12th, 2011, 21:50||#392|
I'm bringing my impression along.... Slowly...
Added my new Danner USMC RAT boots (Temperate), and a Strider knife on my holster... And a couple new IR patches, as well as some North Face gloves I picked up in Whistler, which aren't likely accurate, but I wanted to see how well they worked in game. I also finally got some proper mag pouches for the loadout, as well as a "fanny pack".
Delenda Est Carthago
|June 22nd, 2011, 15:17||#396|
That's not an impression. Yet. I'm just looking for feedback/opinions to improve it, as greenside MARSOC pictures are, to my knowledge, non-existant.
And even though I'm going for MARSOC, everything you see here would work for Force Recon too.
- OR gaiters
- Flight gloves
- Warlord V2
-- CAT 2x
-- Flag black/tan
-- 1in IR flag
-- Cyalumes visibles et IR
-- MBITR (not shown, I forgot to put in in the pouch lol)
-- Cartes, crayons, etc... in the admin
-- GPS, compass, binoculars,... in the Warlord's utility pouch
- Recon Assault Pack
-- FSBEII smoke pouch
-- FSBEII utility pouch (comme IFAK)
-- FSBEII canteen (I do have the issued plastic canteen, just forgot to add it)
-- Cyalumes x2
-- MBITR whip
-- ASP Trifold x2
-- Issue bivvy bag
- Bates Goretex
- Casio G-Shock
What's not on the pics:
- M4 SOPMOD 10.5 with: KAC RIS covers, SpecterDR, GripPod, LE stock, KAC silencer, CQD sling mount, MATech 600m, sling Huskey Amendum 2 pt. (so no PEQ)
- Facepaint (didn't take the time for this "draft" impression, but will do for the final product)
What I plan to change:
- TEA PTT
- 2nd whip antenna... 1 for the squad radio, 1 for the MBITR
- APECS to be replaced by standard MCUU as this one is too large (medium, will be on sale as soon as the postal strike is over)
- Remove chemlights from the Warlord... no need to have them that close in greenside settings
- Add a CAT on the bag... 2 arms + 2 legs = 4x CAT
Things I'm not sure:
- Should I keep the Recon Assault Pack? Maybe a personally purchased pack would be better, at least for MSOB... (like my Kelty Falcon 4000 in CB !?)
- Should I add a strobe? I'm not too sure it has its place with the cover of the trees...
- Not sure if Trifolds would be useful, as getting prisonners isn't really what you want on an SR mission...
WTS: King Arms/Madbull Mk18 Mod1 - VFC Mk17 SCAR-H midcap mags, FDE - VFC Mk17 SCAR-H + PWS rail, FDE
WTB/WTT: CSOR gear, BFG, Tyr, Crye, etc
Last edited by Conker; June 22nd, 2011 at 15:20..
|June 23rd, 2011, 00:09||#398|
Le Roi des poissons d'avril
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Terrebonne, Québec
I'd keep the chemlight to an internal pocket. And probably clean up the MOLLEs of the stuff on it. It will get cought in branches and possibly be ripped off.
Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
|June 26th, 2011, 12:10||#399|
Join Date: Apr 2011
The Ultimate "Gear & Equipment" Thread - Page 23 - PbNation
Not MarSOC or Recon Batt. but also interesting
|June 27th, 2011, 19:06||#402|
@Shakal: WWII right? http://military.outdoorresearch.com/...diles_mil.html LOL
@Robi: Great read! I'm pretty sure this guy isn't the norm though, he's kinda a gearwhore himself. But whatever, good pics and info!
|June 27th, 2011, 20:44||#403|
Hey, I have a question for all the MARSOC/FR groupies out there (Conker, Vince, Brakoo, etc... You know who you are... )
Do the above mentioned Marines in A-Stan ever wear the woodland tops with desert pants? I've seen pictures of Brits doing it, and I thought I heard of Marines doing it, but I never saw pictures. I'd like to be spoonfed here because I'm on my BlackBerry and it would take forever to check this whole thread. I ask because our current gaming area is currently fine, dusty sand on the trails and open areas, with thick, leafy green foliage on the trees and shrubs. Check out the latest post pictures on the "Great White North" thread to see what I mean...
Thanks in advance for any help...
Delenda Est Carthago
|June 27th, 2011, 20:49||#404|
I think I saw Recon Bat in MARPAT with a Gore-Tex APECS top (so desert with woodland Gore-Tex) but that's it... You could always do desert pants + PCU top and that would be kosher.
I'd have to go thru my pics but off my mind, I haven't seen this.
|June 28th, 2011, 07:41||#405|
Damn. I has no PCU, nor do I have any Goretex. The closest thing I got is either a TADGear Stealth Hoodie in bright "ME" Green, or a woodland M-65 jacket, both of which are waaay too warm right now. Oh, well. I'll be inaccurate, or use some other loadout next week.
Delenda Est Carthago