Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Version 3 Gearbox Trigger Issues

:

Doctor's Corner

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 15th, 2018, 22:01   #16
RainyEyes
- Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
RainyEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scarbororororough
What do you mean you're manually manipulating the cutoff lever?

You shouldn't even need to do that if you install the gearbox in the lower receiver of the gun so that the fire selector does that for you... Are you test firing the gearbox inside the receiver or outside the receiver? The v3 gearbox cage doesn't need the receiver to shoot but for troubleshooting the firing issues I would put it in the receiver to make sure it's an actual problem rather than the selector plate moving back to safe after you shoot... Which is normal...
__________________
I make replacement polycarbonate flashlight lenses! Send me a PM.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 00:07   #17
xDarkAurax
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
What do you mean you're manually manipulating the cutoff lever?

You shouldn't even need to do that if you install the gearbox in the lower receiver of the gun so that the fire selector does that for you... Are you test firing the gearbox inside the receiver or outside the receiver? The v3 gearbox cage doesn't need the receiver to shoot but for troubleshooting the firing issues I would put it in the receiver to make sure it's an actual problem rather than the selector plate moving back to safe after you shoot... Which is normal...
This gearbox is coming out of an APS UAR. The trigger and fire selectors are all levers at the front of the gun, gearbox in the back (bunch of rods and such going back to activate everything). Thus I use the selector on the gearbox itself while it's out of the gun.

https://imgur.com/a/0ZYuE

See where the spring is by the selector plate? I can move the cutoff lever back into a position where it can allow the gun to fire again as the carriage is still jumping out. For some reason I can't get the thing to full auto still.
xDarkAurax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:57   #18
RainyEyes
- Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
RainyEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scarbororororough
Put the gun back together in the receiver and try it again. Might be that manually pushing the plate isn't putting it in the right position compared to using the fire selector to push the selector plate.
__________________
I make replacement polycarbonate flashlight lenses! Send me a PM.

Last edited by RainyEyes; April 16th, 2018 at 09:10..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 15:49   #19
xDarkAurax
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Put the gun back together in the receiver and try it again. Might be that manually pushing the plate isn't putting it in the right position compared to using the fire selector to push the selector plate.
Putting it back in the body unfortunately changed nothing, still won't shoot full auto. Doesn't matter if it's on semi or auto, still only one shot and the carriage still slips.
xDarkAurax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 16:10   #20
RainyEyes
- Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
RainyEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scarbororororough
I'm rewatching the way you're putting back the trigger into the gearbox and I can't help but wonder if something slipped when you're putting the gearbox back together. I've always done it differently but yeah your best bet is to take it to a tech to fix it. If you're in the GTA let me know and I can take a look at it one last time before you fork over $$$ for a tech.
__________________
I make replacement polycarbonate flashlight lenses! Send me a PM.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 17:31   #21
xDarkAurax
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
I'm rewatching the way you're putting back the trigger into the gearbox and I can't help but wonder if something slipped when you're putting the gearbox back together. I've always done it differently but yeah your best bet is to take it to a tech to fix it. If you're in the GTA let me know and I can take a look at it one last time before you fork over $$$ for a tech.
I am currently in Whitby, but travel to Toronto usually once a week for work. I'm not sure where you're based, but send me a PM and we'll work it out. I appreciate your advice and knowledge thus far.
xDarkAurax is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.