Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Helmet Gallery

:

Gear Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2015, 12:58   #1096
ericwilliam
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Airframe thingy.


__________________
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4977/signaturewj.jpg
ericwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 12:59   #1097
BattleBorn
 
BattleBorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Caledon East
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwilliam View Post
Airframe thingy.
Where'd you get the velcro pouch? I've been looking but try as I might it's bloody hard to find one without actually walking into a store!
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 13:18   #1098
BattleBorn
 
BattleBorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Caledon East
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
When I get my radio set up properly I'm going to try that set up. Does the headset mess with your hearing at all? I'm worried I'll miss subtle twig snaps and chatter around me when I'm hearing around
After many an hour wearing these on ops and also talking to the SF blokes with us, there are pro's and con's from personal experience and from the horses mouth of the top tier guys, that i'll try to explain as quickly as possible...

And this is with military grade active hearing. I've never tried a cheap knockoff so I don't know their capability.

Pros:
Protects your hearing (real world contacts will leave your head ringing for hours and in some cases years later. Depending on the vicinity of loud bangs you can actually be rendered deaf for day or 2, which sucks balls).
When turned all the way up, it allows you to hear like superman (not really that well, but you can hear talking and such from a lot longer away).
They can be fitted with/or come with a built in headset for voice comms. This is why you can often find a few members of a SF team who rely on comms to be wearing them on a DA (Direct Action) or where fighting in CQC.

Cons:
This is by far the biggest, and the reason why front line troops generally don't ever wear them, is that you can't accurately figure out the direction that someone is shooting at you.
The active hearing cuts out every time a loud noise happens near you. E.g, if there sporadic shooting around, and you're trying to listen to something important, it cuts in and out constantly and you only get part of the message (you can imitate this by putting a set of earmuffs on, and with both hands, pick them off your head and put them back on in quick succession a few times in a row).

Now thats real world - In Airsoft they protect your ears and look cool. Cause everyone knows looking cool is half the fight!
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 22:33   #1099
ericwilliam
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
Where'd you get the velcro pouch? I've been looking but try as I might it's bloody hard to find one without actually walking into a store!
Haha, I actually sewed it myself about a year ago!
__________________
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4977/signaturewj.jpg
ericwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2015, 21:03   #1100
Wilkie
 
Wilkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brandon, Mb


Helmet's getting a make over. Opscore dial kit's on its way
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 23:01   #1101
Wilkie
 
Wilkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brandon, Mb




Coming along well I think. Got the dial kit in there, hunting down a counter weight pouch, still have shroud on there for now



Also the only selfie of me in existence! I wanted to see what how my beard was coming in from the side...
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 23:41   #1102
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
Cons:
This is by far the biggest, and the reason why front line troops generally don't ever wear them, is that you can't accurately figure out the direction that someone is shooting at you.
The active hearing cuts out every time a loud noise happens near you. E.g, if there sporadic shooting around, and you're trying to listen to something important, it cuts in and out constantly and you only get part of the message (you can imitate this by putting a set of earmuffs on, and with both hands, pick them off your head and put them back on in quick succession a few times in a row)
Supposedly the pro-X is supposed to have better 3d awareness, or so the users of them in airsoft tell me. But I find the same issue with my nacre quietpros as well.
Sometimes it's difficult to tell what direction a noise came from, especially if it was toned down by the hearing protection.
At least with the quietpro I can run one ear on for comms and one ear off to direction find
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 02:03   #1103
Wilkie
 
Wilkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brandon, Mb


Change up the velcro patch, for no reason. It's no like I had the wrong side on there or anything. Patch is a place holder.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 16:31   #1104
BattleBorn
 
BattleBorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Caledon East




Emerson Advanced FAST Helmet.

Revision Desert Locust goggles with built in fan and thermal lenses
(attached with ESS FAST goggle mounting kit).

TRI Comtac III's with mic.

Half mesh face shield attached with Smith Optics boogie straps.

TAG-IR I kept since my last deployment.
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 17:14   #1105
gogojuice
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Innsifil
Like the goggle mounting kit. May have to look into that
gogojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 17:33   #1106
cav.
 
cav.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post




Emerson Advanced FAST Helmet.

Revision Desert Locust goggles with built in fan and thermal lenses
(attached with ESS FAST goggle mounting kit).

TRI Comtac III's with mic.

Half mesh face shield attached with Smith Optics boogie straps.

TAG-IR I kept since my last deployment.
Yesss I very much like this!!!
__________________
cav. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 21:39   #1107
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder
 
hot_shot under fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingsville, On
My lid...

DEVGRU Red Squadron Helmet (2011- Post-UBL Raid)

-FMA Aramid Fiber Maritime Helmet Hydrodipped AOR1
-Wilcox L4G32 NVG Mount*
-MPLS Charge Light*
-S&S Precision Manta Strobe*
-GP/NVG-18's*

__________________
NSWDG Enthusiast, Milsim Junkie, Tactical Tailor, Kit Calibrator.
The rants & ramblings of an everyday Weekend Warrior.
#BreacherOnPoint
hot_shot under fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 00:29   #1108
gogojuice
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Innsifil
I plan purchase the ess mounting kit.

Did you have to modify anything?
Are you aware of any other options. To me it looks pretty slick
gogojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:33   #1109
WPJ
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: GTA/Toronto
I Live it, only two changes which would make it untouchable, Canadian flag and change the camo to CADPAT.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_shot under fire View Post
My lid...

DEVGRU Red Squadron Helmet (2011- Post-UBL Raid)

-FMA Aramid Fiber Maritime Helmet Hydrodipped AOR1
-Wilcox L4G32 NVG Mount*
-MPLS Charge Light*
-S&S Precision Manta Strobe*
-GP/NVG-18's*

WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 13:40   #1110
BattleBorn
 
BattleBorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Caledon East
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojuice View Post
I plan purchase the ess mounting kit.

Did you have to modify anything?
Are you aware of any other options. To me it looks pretty slick
Bud it cost off memory around $60. It came with straps and the mounting pieces to fit into the FAST rails as an all inclusive unit. I'm really happy with the purchase and IMO it's worth it!
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.