Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BB Bastard 0.30 FRAG BBs Video Review

:

Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2014, 09:38   #1
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
BB Bastard 0.30 FRAG BBs Video Review

Before going out and buying a 10k box of 0.30 BB Bastard FRAGS like I did, please watch the video review below. The 1 polish BBs do not like midcaps of multiple varieties and would jam. You can see faint mold lines and they have a dull surface compared to other brands of BBs. On top of that, there was zero customer service. I bought these for the Aug 09 weekend and after no response from both companies (HeroOutdoors and BB Bastards), decided to do a video review yesterday.

http://youtu.be/d91KeA5nv7A

I wanted to add this note: BEFORE YOU POST WITH SPECULATIONS, PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO. I compare the BBs with 2 other unopened brands as a control and also use 3 different mid-cap magazines to show you it's not just a specific brand of midcap.


Sept 28, 2014 UPDATE: I was able to get a hold of a representative from BBBastards and discussed the situation. I sent them a couple of pics of the opened product and a local rep came and took the FRAGS. We got our money refunded and were given three 2000 bags of their 0.30 Premium Double Polish BBs. I'm satisfied with the customer service results and hope that they are able to resolve the issue with their 0.30 FRAGS. I'd be happy to try them out again.

Last edited by Cypher3060; September 28th, 2014 at 17:01..
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 10:06   #2
brock0
 
brock0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Good on you. Don't know why everyone raves about bastards and they are never in stock. Elite force all the way for me.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 11:12   #3
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Weird I've run through over 50000 of the frag line with zero issues in TM and KA low caps, G&G and G&P hi caps, G&P and KA mid caps. As well as countless pistol mags.

Are you sure your mags are clean and feeding properly?


Oh and they are never In stock because everyone keeps buying them out.

You also have to keep in mind the frag line was a cheaper option for those looking for a bulk options and never meant to be compared to the double polish line of their primary BBs
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 11:40   #4
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Weird I've run through over 50000 of the frag line with zero issues in TM and KA low caps, G&G and G&P hi caps, G&P and KA mid caps. As well as countless pistol mags.

Are you sure your mags are clean and feeding properly?


Oh and they are never In stock because everyone keeps buying them out.

You also have to keep in mind the frag line was a cheaper option for those looking for a bulk options and never meant to be compared to the double polish line of their primary BBs
Please watch the video to answer your questions. I used 3 different brands of magazines as well as two other unopened bags of different types of BBs as a control group. This was to alleviate the questions you just asked.
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:00   #5
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants
 
EchoFourTwelve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
I can't watch the video, but did you use their premium line in your control group?
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF14
"tight pants, tight groups, "
EchoFourTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:08   #6
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!
 
beta678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Send a message via MSN to beta678
I haven't used BBBastards yet as I'm still testing out different brands, but guess I'll avoid them for the time being.

The video gave a pretty clear and thorough assessment of the frag bb's, with a control/comparison group. There's no doubt the problems he's experiencing is due to the actual bb's and not his mags or anything else.
__________________
Just your friendly neighborhood narcissist gearwhore.
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:09   #7
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
To be honest I don't find Bastards to be anything special. Their regular BBs shoot well, but so have the Madbull, Elite Force and Valkens I've used. Their bios jam in some of my guns, as do other brands of bios so I think their bios are just as shitty as other bios on the market.

To the OP, it looks like you may be having follower jams. You can probably fix this issue by modding your follower to allow BBs to stack properly.
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:18   #8
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Yes, I used BB Bastards 0.20 double polish in the control group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFourTwelve View Post
I can't watch the video, but did you use their premium line in your control group?
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:20   #9
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
That was one of the first things I did to try to help the problem. It's not shown in the video, but I did the follower mod to an EliteForce magazine and it had the same jamming issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestobanana View Post
To be honest I don't find Bastards to be anything special. Their regular BBs shoot well, but so have the Madbull, Elite Force and Valkens I've used. Their bios jam in some of my guns, as do other brands of bios so I think their bios are just as shitty as other bios on the market.

To the OP, it looks like you may be having follower jams. You can probably fix this issue by modding your follower to allow BBs to stack properly.
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 13:06   #10
Kungpow
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher3060 View Post
Before going out and buying a 10k box of 0.30 BB Bastard FRAGS like I did, please watch the video review below. The 1 polish BBs do not like midcaps of multiple varieties and would jam. You can see faint mold lines and they have a dull surface compared to other brands of BBs. On top of that, there was zero customer service. I bought these for the Aug 09 weekend and after no response from both companies (HeroOutdoors and BB Bastards), decided to do a video review yesterday.

http://youtu.be/d91KeA5nv7A

I wanted to add this note: BEFORE YOU POST WITH SPECULATIONS, PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO. I compare the BBs with 2 other unopened brands as a control and also use 3 different mid-cap magazines to show you it's not just a specific brand of midcap.
They sound like Tamashi quality, yet, Tamashis do not jam my guns. You can see the discoloration, and the faint seams
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 13:16   #11
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
I also ran a test with my pts g36 mags. The same frags he's using (out of the same box lol) would not feed in my mags. My controls were goldenball .28s, bioshot .28s, green devil .28s and green devils .3s, bastard double polish .25s All fed with no issue. The frags would get stuck, I had to bang and shake the mag upsidedown to even get them out of the mag.
__________________
I futz with V2s, V3s and V6s. I could be wrong... but probably, most likely not, as far as I know.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 13:17   #12
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher3060 View Post
Yes, I used BB Bastards 0.20 double polish in the control group.
every elite for mag I've ever tried was crap, hence why I do not use them and only the brands I listed.


question you did not show this in the video, but after the frags "jammed" did you reload one of the other two again to recheck?
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.

Last edited by BloodSport; August 30th, 2014 at 13:21..
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 13:49   #13
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I showed that the EF mag fed fine with EF BBs and BB Bastard 0.20 double polish BBs as shown in the video. Then showed they jammed in the same EF mag and two other different brand midcaps. I can assure you if I reloaded those same mags with the control BBs, after I unjammed them (which took me 15mins after the video was over), they would feed just as fast at the start of the video. This is actually what I did when I played Aug 9. The BBs jammed, I unloaded them all and reloaded them with 0.25 BBs from a friend and my mags fed those fine.

I tried to make the video as scientific as I could for the nay-sayers and doubters out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
every elite for mag I've ever tried was crap, hence why I do not use them and only the brands I listed.


question you did not show this in the video, but after the frags "jammed" did you reload one of the other two again to recheck?
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 14:58   #14
kilo 6-4
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Is is possible that the term "frag" indicates that these BB's are intended for use in things like 40mm and tornado grenades? I have used BBB's fairly often and, although they were always the dbl polish, I have never had a problem with them.
The only time I have ever seen a feed problem like that was when the mag was over loaded or, When I first started in this sport and tried to use the BB's from crappy tire.
I'm just spitballing here but, I thought I might be something to consider.
__________________
"Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war."

I do not fear the valley, for I am the shadow
kilo 6-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 18:22   #15
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Even though they are listed as "FRAGS", based on other user reviews I found on ASC and other forums, they said they were just as good as the double polish premium line BB Bastard manufactures.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162000

Again, I'm in no way saying the premium line is bad, it's the reverse as I used it in my video as a control group.

If you watch the video, I do not overload the BBs to force a jam. You can see the speed loader is only filled with one handful of BBs and that speed loader holds about 100 BBs.






Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo 6-4 View Post
Is is possible that the term "frag" indicates that these BB's are intended for use in things like 40mm and tornado grenades? I have used BBB's fairly often and, although they were always the dbl polish, I

have never had a problem with them.
The only time I have ever seen a feed problem like that was when the mag was over loaded or, When I first started in this sport and tried to use the BB's from crappy tire.
I'm just spitballing here but, I thought I might be something to consider.
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.