Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Camo rules and why they matter to you!

:

General

Old April 20th, 2012, 10:09   #1
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Camo rules and why they matter to you!

This is a quick article I posted at www.lzottawa.ca. I thought I would post it here as well as I am sure its a common problem at most fields across the country. Having people show up to games in the wrong/improper colour of camo can be very frustrating to everyone. If you have suggestions on where to buy etc in your area please add it in as it still gives us all more resources to use.

The Recent Noob game (At LZ Ottawa) has highlighted a problem that has been persisting for years and it's time it was addressed once and for all. Please take the time to read this and think about it.

Flowing the camo rules of a game makes life easier for EVERYONE involved from the admins all the way across the board but mostly to the guy with a gun in his hand.

When everyone is dressed in the proper camo colour or pattern it makes it easy to make quick and accurate judgements on whether or not to pull the trigger.
Also it alleviates a lot of frustration and anger when people attend a game not wearing what is expected of them and they find themselves being shot by their own team.
The easiest way to avoid this problem is to invest a very small amount of money in two different colours/patterns of Camouflage clothing one in green and the other in tan/desert, as these are the most widely used types in airsoft today.

If you do not show up wearing the proper camo you will either be asked to change to the appropriate camo that YOU signed up for or you will be reassigned if there is room on that team. If you show up and there is no room for you on that team you will be asked to leave. This is the only fair option as everyone else took the time to read and follow the camo rules for that particular game.

Common camo options include but are not limited to.

Green/Temperate (TW)
Cadpat TW
US woodland
US Marpat TW
Multicam (yes it's green)(local rules may differ please refer to your game rules)

Tan/Desert
Cadpat Arid
US 3 Colour
US Marpat Arid
ACU (yes it's tan)(local rules may differ please refer to your game rules)

Places to buy Camo

Local in Ottawa
www.jtsmilitarysurplussales.com/
www.irvingrivers.com
Army Surplus Coureurs des Bois (Gatineau)

on the web (in Canada)
www.armyissue.com
www.sealsactiongear.com
www.dstactical.com
www.cpgear.com
www.crypsis.ca (local)
www.surpluspontrouge.com

Take the time and read the rules of every game you attend no matter where it is and you will have a much happier time. Arrive in the proper camo and make life easier for YOU your team and the admin.

Last edited by ex; April 20th, 2012 at 12:21..
ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:02   #2
ceazer

+1 sticky?
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:04   #3
Crunchmeister

Old April 20th, 2012, 11:18   #4
Kimbo
formerly pivot

I couldn't agree more. (Except about Multicam being green )

We try and run all of our local games as either tan or green and everyone likes being able to tell who is on their team easily. There always seems to be the odd player that shows up in an off colored camo and wonders why everyone else rolls their eyes. It's not too hard to have one green and one tan set of camo. I've bought at least one set of both tan and green for under $50 a few different times.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:34   #5
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Plus One Crunch.
I have been to some real 7331 games where camo doesn't matter, old guys have more clues in their bag of trick to determine friend or foe. But with the waves of new players game rules are important to keep in mind. It helps the flow of the game and reduces the on field verbal conflicts, and AAR bickering down.

http://armyissue.com/catalog/product...oducts_id/2481
There are 2 versions of A-TACs now. The one in this pic is AR, apparently the floor tiles are Green.
Dude I was getting asked what colour these are, no shit my answer was " I have to ask the wife". I'm Colour Deaf, so I see the pattern. Green or Brown? Red / Green, Blue purple, I have no clue. The differnce between MC and ACU is easy.
Any Idea how to remedy this with the unwashed masses that have to shoot guys in A-TACS

Last edited by Armyissue; April 20th, 2012 at 11:38..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:42   #6
ex

Those are certainly Tan.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:44   #7
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

ATACS AU is definitely on the Tan side, but ATACS FG is like multicam and can be subject to interpretation.

Old April 20th, 2012, 11:52   #8
Drake
E-01

I built a quick list of various camos a couple of years back, to help people figure out which "side" their camo would be on (as people were often asking "what side is _________ on?")

As noted by Ex, we usually lump Multicam with Tan -- largely for balancing purposes since there are so few effective "tan" patterns in wooded area (where the vast majority of outdoor games occur, here anyway). Similarly, "urban" (grey) colors [Urban, MVD, SMK, and arguably UCP] were also lumped into Tan.

TAN
DCU (US 3 color desert), Chocolate Chip (US 6 color desert), Desert MarPat, Arid CadPat, Desert Tigerstripe, Desert DPM, Tropentarn, Multicam, A-TACS, tan CWU-27/P, UCP ("ACU" pattern), UCP-D, PLA Tibetan, PLA Type 87 Arid, Alpenflage, Safariflage, Desert Vegetato, Desert Pantera, Urban, Digital Urban, MVD, SMK, Vz95 Desert

GREEN
US Woodland, Woodland MarPat, CadPat TW, OD, Tigerstripe, DPM, Flecktarn, Sage CWU-27/P, A-TACS FG, Pencott, Lizard (various countries), ERDL, Center European Pattern, Pantera, Vegetato, PLA Type 99 Woodland, 44DOT, Oak Leaf, "Partizan", Berezka, Flora, Digital Flora, Kamysh, Les, KLMK, Schofield/VSR, M90, Vz95.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:54   #9
Aedan798

Send a message via Skype™ to Aedan798
Actually there is also another website where there is a LOT of camo to buy too www.surpluspontrouge.com

MultiCam is commonly put on tan in Qc becasue it is used in afghanistan.
ATACS first gen was designed for afghanistan and Irak
the second Gen is more of a green design for domestic operation
There is a lot more camo patern out there that what is listed but still if you see something green on it you should be able to tell the difference compared to tan
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:15   #10
scottyfox

Just an update on Pencott since I'm thinking of getting the Sandstorm pants.

Tan: Pencott Sandstorm
Green: Pencott Greenside

Pencott Badlands is most similar to Multicam so tough to say but probably green like MC for applications at the LZ at least.

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:37   #11
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Wink

Not Terribly necessary to splice camo patterns that are "one or the other". Multicam started as green, but by second generation had more tan added. All games I've attended consider them to be tan, but I can easily see how they could be viewed as green. That isn't what's important here. What is important, is that game rules are bring enforced. I like the tan/green system, as it helps to designate teams. However, one more step should be taken, and there should be "approved" camo patterns for both sides. Many games are going one step further, and only allowing two base types. For example; Multicam versus Woodland. That means that D.P.M., or Multi-terrain would also be considered "acceptable".

If you don't want your game to be that strict then post complete lists of acceptable camo for each side. And of course try to stick to modern or common patterns only. This leaves the "one offs" out. If you don't want to wear an approved camo pattern, your welcome not to attend. I've always followed the rules of any game I've ever attended. So does 90% of players/teams out there. Why do game hosts let the stragglers run the show?

I guess the real ticket is to enforce these rules hardcore. Don't be afraid to send people home. No matter how far they drove, or how much it cost them. Make examples of them. You've posted "your" rules, it's "your" milsim. There is "no" reason that you can't expect all attendees to follow the rules.

Plus one to this post. I like that game hosts are starting to go this direction with these things. This is where we get called "elitist assholes", lol. But let's face it. Would an organized hockey team let you show up with the wrong jersey, and a plastic hockey stick?
Old April 21st, 2012, 03:29   #12
ex

I've deleted all the posts (mine included) in regards to Multicam and what colour it is. This isn't why this thread was started.
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:25   #13
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Fair enough, didn't see mine and wondered how many beer I had last night, if I even clicked Post Quick Reply! Lol
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:37   #14
CR0M

I feel this is the most important element that host never take into account or dont really enforce...

one of the easiest ways besides green vs tan is anything vs black vests... Im seeing less digital camo but another way is analog vs digital, a little harder but ok.
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:40   #15
JonsM4

Helmets vs Boonie hats

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General