Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"shanzhai" Illuminated ACOG with Tritium

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 1st, 2009, 13:16   #1
huang

"shanzhai" Illuminated ACOG with Tritium

In chinese, "shanzhai" means clones. This time it is the illumniated ACOG, it ACUTALLY uses tritium. Release date is end of this month or next month.
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 13:20   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Now the real question is, whether I trust carrying a radioactive product made in China.... LOL.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 13:29   #3
EvoEk
A.V. Status Revoked

hahaha nicely done Brian. IF my crosshairs wanna glow green great, but i dont want to
EvoEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 13:38   #4
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Now the real question is, whether I trust carrying a radioactive product made in China.... LOL.
Get one Brian, then go have a couple beers in Deep River with my bud, if his badge from work changes colour then you want to get rid of it fast.
Old June 1st, 2009, 13:40   #5
huang

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoEk View Post
hahaha nicely done Brian. IF my crosshairs wanna glow green great, but i dont want to
Well , I don't know how good they are or if it can really last for 10 years as the factory told me. But the bottom line is the factory won't risk their own life to make the product if they don't really know how to handle tritium in a safe manner.

And obviously this is not for airsoft ONLY. airsoft market can't really consume that many of these lol.

Last edited by huang; June 1st, 2009 at 13:42..
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 13:50   #6
swatt13
Captain Awesome

powered scope is all i needed to hear, ive been waiting for one of these with illumination and magnification for my ptw for a looong time.
any idea on cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 13:51   #7
RacingManiac

Interesting....now can they make functioning fiber-optic light gathering reticle too?

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 14:54   #8
Danke

Can you even purchase civilian tritium weapon scopes? It seems to be a pretty trendy accessory now but I can recall it being a bit different in the past.

So it's massively toxic (I know safe if used properly) and a key part in nuclear weapons production. That could lead to some interesting visitors.
Old June 1st, 2009, 15:53   #9
RacingManiac

I am pretty sure they are ITAR items from US, but I don't know what the restriction is from elsewhere to Canada....

What about those watches with Tritium viles in them? such as Nite watches....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 16:32   #10
Danke

I see lots of trilium in watches and even vials for sale and boosted LED flashlights with it. I would guess since my time they've found ways to pack it into smaller containers so it's safer, and more difficult to buy a million keychaings and make your own A-Bomb.
Old June 1st, 2009, 16:37   #11
Crunchmeister

I'm siding with Brian on this one. I'm not sure I'd trust something radioactive made in China. At least not right off the hop. I'll wait a few years to see how many people's hair fall out and how many's kids are born with a third arm growing out of their forehead...
Old June 1st, 2009, 16:38   #12
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

lol. You couldn't make an A-bomb from Tritium anyways.

On the upside, tritium exposure to humans isn't too harmful in low quantities. It's also extremely easy for humans to absorb it, but just as easy to release it simply by drinking tons of water and peeing it out.

It IS however, recommended to minimize all possible exposure if you are looking to conceive a child.
Old June 1st, 2009, 16:42   #13
The Saint

Tritium isn't that bad, and only a tiny, tiny amount is needed to make glow-in-the-dark products. All the Tritium in the world still won't allow you to make a nuclear weapon, you still need weapon-grade Plutonium.

What you have to worry about is them using Radium and labelling it as Tritium. That stuff is really bad for your health.
Old June 1st, 2009, 16:42   #14
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huang View Post
But the bottom line is the factory won't risk their own life to make the product if they don't really know how to handle tritium in a safe manner.
Yeah, I've seen the condition of some of those factories, and have read and heard of many undocumented "incidents" regarding all types of factories in China, regardless of the industry or product involved. I think it's safe to say that many plant managers and owners in China care too much for safety standards, and likewise, many Chinese workers feel the risk are worth what they get paid (some work is better than no work, even if it's dangerous pay, right?) or the workers are completely ignorant and oblivious to the risks.

Ever read about the popcorn factories or hard drive factories?

btw, did you read that article about the Chinese government forcing Doctors to smoke cigarettes? LOL.

I shake my head at my home country sometimes...

Anyways, I'm NOT saying that these are done unsafely. I'd just recommend running a Geiger counter across the product as they come in to the country. If the Geiger count really is that high, I'm sure it'd be stopped at the border anyways.

I have a couple of Tritium related products here (made in China) that show a zero increase on the Geiger index.

Last edited by ILLusion; June 1st, 2009 at 16:48..
Old June 1st, 2009, 16:42   #15
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Yeah tritium isnt to bad on out radiation custodian course they said you would basically have to eat the innards of a scope to get sick. If you do that you deserve it anyways.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion