Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BB's sticking in the tightbore?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 9th, 2008, 19:58   #31
Skladfin

seems like your hop up rubber lip is REALLY fat. THis is a common problem if you have prometheus hard, but the one you have isnt prom hard, seems more like stock G&P.

The BB gets stuck because it can't push through the hop up rubber lip, change your hop up rubber, Try Systema first.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 20:03   #32
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Just clean your barrel. Stick a small patch of cloth down the barrel and shove it down with a loading rod or something similar. You'd be amazed how much shit comes out of a barrel.
Cloth came out pretty much clean....
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 20:04   #33
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
seems like your hop up rubber lip is REALLY fat. THis is a common problem if you have prometheus hard, but the one you have isnt prom hard, seems more like stock G&P.

The BB gets stuck because it can't push through the hop up rubber lip, change your hop up rubber, Try Systema first.
I know nothing about how to do that and once again, all parts will have to wait until the end of the month to be ordered....
Old August 9th, 2008, 20:15   #34
Skladfin

alittle bit of oil around the lip of the rubber MIGHT help, It didnt help when I had my prom hards, but it might just be something to try.

mind you if you put oil in there, you might accidentally oil up the nub as well, accuracy wont be very great after that.
Old August 9th, 2008, 20:20   #35
Drache

Quote:
alittle bit of oil around the lip of the rubber MIGHT help, It didnt help when I had my prom hards, but it might just be something to try.

mind you if you put oil in there, you might accidentally oil up the nub as well, accuracy wont be very great after that.
The gun worked fine about a month ago when I first got it and just before I bought it. Some shots are fine now and a few get stuck.
Old August 9th, 2008, 20:28   #36
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Hey, sorry to push a little off topic. Just wondering, I just installed prometheus hard hop up rubber. I got like a 70fps drop after installing it.. Do you think that's the problem?

Quote:

Old August 9th, 2008, 20:36   #37
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Hey, sorry to push a little off topic. Just wondering, I just installed prometheus hard hop up rubber. I got like a 70fps drop after installing it.. Do you think that's the problem?
Could be, either that or you have your hop up all the way up?
Old August 10th, 2008, 01:30   #38
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Could be, either that or you have your hop up all the way up?
Nope, tested on all ranges of hop up. Consistently 70 fps lower (with some outliers, fell as low as 100fps below). In any case, I'm gonna try a new rubber.
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:05   #39
Drache

Well I tried test firing it again, this time not a SINGLE BB came out. Taking the gun apart I once again found BB's stuck inside the inner barrel and they have black skuff marks on them. Some also seem to have semi circular indents? Could the nozzle being hitting the BB's?

I also found THIS:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0358.JPG (59.5 KB, 7 views)
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:11   #40
Drache

Ok I had to literally PUSH with everything I had to try and dislodge those BB's! I unscrewed the flash hider and three fell out, these two I had to dig out of there (this is INSIDE my flash hider):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0361.JPG (52.6 KB, 3 views)
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:13   #41
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I remember the chrony line at Sniper Hunt 2, and every AEG that had a tightbore jammed up when testing.................. because of MetalTech 0.20g BBs. I've never used them, but after seeing what happened that morning........... no way I'd use them.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:16   #42
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
I remember the chrony line at Sniper Hunt 2, and every AEG that had a tightbore jammed up when testing.................. because of MetalTech 0.20g BBs. I've never used them, but after seeing what happened that morning........... no way I'd use them.
Ive never had a problem with MT brand BB's except Ive never used them in a tightbore thinking back now. Looks like I'll have to switch brands again :banghead:

Sucks because I dont know IF this the guaranteed problem and they are the closest BB supplier to me! I don't like having to pay $30-35 shipped for a single bag of 3000 BB's...
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:21   #43
HELLFIRE989

Pretty much everyone here in Kelowna is running tightbore barrels anywhere from 6.04 down to 6.01 and I have yet to see a jam from MT bb's and this is over a span of 5 or more years. Do you have a different m4 hopup and barrel? If so replace it with that and give it a shot if it works you know where the problem is. I just find it really hard that the bb's are the problem. Do you have a digital caliper? If so check the bb's before you shoot they should be 5.98mm.

HELLFIRE989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:23   #44
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLFIRE989 View Post
Pretty much everyone here in Kelowna is running tightbore barrels anywhere from 6.04 down to 6.01 and I have yet to see a jam from MT bb's and this is over a span of 5 or more years. Do you have a different m4 hopup and barrel? If so replace it with that and give it a shot if it works you know where the problem is. I just find it really hard that the bb's are the problem. Do you have a digital caliper? If so check the bb's before you shoot they should be 5.98mm.
Like I said before personally I dont believe the BB's to be a problem since Ive never had a problem with metaltech and I'll keep using metaltech. Like I said crap BB's could have been mixed in with the amount of people I let use my ammo.

I don't have calipers nor a different M16 barrel or hopup.
Old August 10th, 2008, 13:29   #45
pamparius

that is the most fucked up bb jam i've ever seen...
pamparius is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner