Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need Help Finding Vest

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 8th, 2010, 11:44   #1
JCue23

Need Help Finding Vest

Does anybody know who makes a CADPAT tactical vest with cross draw? I really want a cadpat vest that has a cross draw option, or does anyone know how I can put a vest together with the options I want not too expensive.

Im looking at these 2 vests does anyone see a way I can add a cross draw pouch to one of these? I like the first one a little more based on size but if you dont think the 2nd would get too heavy I see it being a better vest.

http://www.armyissue.com/cube/index....d&productId=48

http://www.armyissue.com/cube/index....d&productId=47

any help is appreciated.

Thanks
JCue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:51   #2
Crunchmeister

The second vest is a replica of the current CF tac vest. It's junk. That is the most ill-conceived, poorly designed POS ever. Ask anyone who's served and used it, and they'll probably tell you the same. Avoid that one.

The second one is a surprisingly good vest for the cash. I've been using one for 3 years and it's very comfortable and quite durable. I prefer it over my CIRAS for comfort and load-bearing ability. I love the fact it has the integrated belt loops, so it alway holds up a belt with a heavy load of a holstered pistol, drop pouch full of empty mags, and other accessories. And with 6 double mag pouches, you have plenty of room for ammo.

The 2 real hits against it is that it's NOT modular, so you can't configure it for cross-draw as you want, and the webbing on the back is NOT MOLLE compatible. You actually have to cut some of the seams on the webbing in order to fit a MOLLE hydration carrier. But both are minor IMO. Once done, the hydration carrier attaches easily and securely. And as for modularity, I don't need it on that vest. When I go with a CF loadout, this is my vest of choice and it works perfectly for my needs.
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:03   #3
JCue23

cool thanks but is there anyway to permanently attach a cross draw? like modify the vest for my needs. i have found the cross draw pocket separately from a different company would there be any way for me to attach this? even if i have to take it to a seamstress or something?

http://www.forrealadeal.com/cross-dr...ig-cadpat.aspx
Old June 8th, 2010, 13:23   #4
SKI

You could also go with an OD modular vest and mount cadpat pouches on it along with your cross draw. See if Army Issue has anything available. Not everything makes it to his website quickly.
Old June 8th, 2010, 13:26   #5
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCue23 View Post
cool thanks but is there anyway to permanently attach a cross draw? like modify the vest for my needs.
The answer was in my original post. Perhaps you should re-read it.

And that holster you linked is MARPAT, even though it says CADPAT, and will be rather large for all but the largest frame pistols. That's designed for paintball guns.

The other option is what SKI suggested.
Old June 8th, 2010, 16:42   #6
JCue23

lol i know the pic is marpat but they are available in cadpat and they have a smaller size as well meant for airsoft. my only issue with buying a vest and adding pouches to it is cost I found the cadpat vest I want for like $90 I just want to know if I can take off 3 of the mag pouches and sew on a cross draw
Old June 8th, 2010, 16:49   #7
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Dude, just go for khaki MOLLE gear, you can get it pretty cheap (Pantac for instance) and it's alot more 'available' then CADPAT.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion