Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW or WE GBBRs?

:

General

View Poll Results: Which company makes better GBBRs?
KJW 50 45.05%
WE 61 54.95%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 14th, 2011, 14:56   #1
KBarlow
attention whore wants a custom title.

KJW or WE GBBRs?

Which is better in your opinion? Please explain why.
KBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 16:13   #2
Saberwing

KJW in terms of overall reliability out of the box. If you buy a WE, plan on spending another $200 on RA-Tech upgrades to make it field able.
Old December 14th, 2011, 16:16   #3
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
KJW in terms of overall reliability out of the box. If you buy a WE, plan on spending another $200 on RA-Tech upgrades to make it field able.
Not my experience.. I have had several guns go well over 30 000 rounds on stock parts.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 16:19   #4
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Not my experience.. I have had several guns go well over 30 000 rounds on stock parts.
Okay, but we all know how meticulous you are with your guns Brian . I'm just speaking from my personal experience where I've seen people's WE breaking down a lot more often then mine or my friends KJW M4. I am biased though.
Old December 14th, 2011, 16:46   #5
Strelok

Depends on what qualifies as 'better' in your eyes.

From my observation:

KJW is reliable as hell. I own their 1022/KC02 model and its been amazing. Fun unique little gun too. I hear nothing but good things in terms of their M4's internal performance. Though they do look kinda crappy externally, with a strange finish to the metal and some reports of a more brittle metal used in the receiver. A friend down south says his receiver is starting to crack a little at the neck of the gun, between the delta ring and the receiver itself. He cradles that thing like a baby.

As for WE. Externally, they're beautiful, wide selection of guns and bear an excessive amount of aftermarket parts to chose from.
Thats for a reason, though. Depending on the gun you get, you'll find little quirks in the building materials that WE mysteriously decided to cheap out on. The AKS74U having a very cheap pot metal for the trigger mechanism parts. Or using a brittle plastic for the loading nozzle rails on the M14.

Overall, if you have a deep pocket full of money, WE is the way to go. Once you have the rifle built (Think of their stock guns like a shell) the rest falls in within a reasonable price. 40 dollars for a magazine is nice, compared to the 70 or so that KJW costs.

Either way, Both are good. Just weigh what you feel is more important, and what you're more comfortable investing in.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 17:03   #6
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post

Either way, Both are good. Just weigh what you feel is more important, and what you're more comfortable investing in.
100% agree,

there are people who are had core believers of each system.. it's very hard to say "what is best"

kinda like asking what is "the best" flavour of ice cream
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 17:05   #7
GSK88

Half the people I know with WE ended up replacing everything inside...which also caused some other problems later down the road.

The other half, myself included have had very very little trouble with these guns and have changed nothing except an NPAS or a smushed nozzle.

Never tried a KJW, simply because I had easier and cheaper access to WE guns. Nothing against them though.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 17:56   #8
Saberwing

I'm not saying the KJW is perfect, if you have the V1 bolt, stock up on elastics... and the V2 bolt wears down the bolt catch a lot faster. The RA-Tech NPAS is complete crap though. While the Cradle Velocity Adjuster is great. Not many aftermarket internals available for the KJW, but it doesn't need many.
Old December 14th, 2011, 17:59   #9
Dagger42

I am am not necessarily stating which is better as I have only the one but I have been running a KJW M4 for almost a year now and have not had one single problem. In the very near future I will be doing some slight upgrades as it is still stock.

Last edited by Dagger42; December 14th, 2011 at 18:02..
Dagger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 18:12   #10
bshantz

KJW M4

I've ran a few KJW M4's and each one worked amazingly.
Internals were never switched, right now on my main KJW M4, I have an upgraded piston and velocity reducer. V2 bolt is on the to buy list, haven't had a single problem with the version one. The magazine design on the KJW's are genius (when comparing to the WE mags).
Out of the box, KJW is far better than the WE. *EDIT* In my opinion.

My brother runs a WE PDW, magazines are finicky and internals are just as susceptible to failure. Like people have stated, once you replace the internals with RA-Tech parts you're looking at just as good as KJW's internals.

I stand by my KJW M4, the only brand to replace KJW for a GBBR would be Inokatsu.

As for the magazine issues, all 8 of my KJW M4 magazines are perfect (have yet to replace anything) and I have had them for
about a year and a half. I even left my magazines in my gear bag empty for about 6 months without even touching them. Not one leaked.

-----
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Last edited by bshantz; December 14th, 2011 at 20:08..
bshantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 18:36   #11
boyboy

WE gun just like Honda Civic, there are so many parts in the market for the replacement or upgrade, but KJW......., I don't feel good on it, besides, KJW guns never got trademark on it
boyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 18:37   #12
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyboy View Post
WE gun just like Honda Civic, there are so many parts in the market for the replacement or upgrade, but KJW......., I don't feel good on it, besides, KJW guns never got trademark on it
Not having aftermarket accessories can also be a good thing. You don't need to replace anything really on the KJW, why would I buy a WE and spend more to replace the internals so they're on par with the KJ?

And since when do trademarks show how reliable a gun is?
Old December 14th, 2011, 18:52   #13
XZIVR

The other thing to keep in mind is most ppl with we experience are talking about the m4. We has made numerous improvements to their later models. I just bought a g36 (g39) and from my research and a convo with the people at Toronto airsoft, the g36 doesn't need nearly as much work out of the box when compared to the m4/PDW/scar. the mag costs a bit more but it is a 3 chamber design so it stands that it would cost 5 bucks more.
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 19:28   #14
Funker-Tactical

I personally have had very little problems with my we guns I have an m14 fired maybe 100 bbs have upgraded a couple things like hop up barrel seems to be good so far. My we pdw has had a couple thousand shots fired trough it I replaced the hammer as the bearing on it was worn other then that no problems no experience with Kjw some we mags leak out of the box but are easy to fix. Sorry for my grammar I'm using my iphone
Funker-Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 13:03   #15
KBarlow
attention whore wants a custom title.

40 votes later, it is still 50/50.
KBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General