Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gate Titan

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 2nd, 2018, 17:32   #1
ETK Brian

Gate Titan

Wandering if anybody else has any experience with it.I have 13:1 SHS gears,using a GT 4500 Torqe motor and am using 11.1 20c, m130 spring.Im getting approx 40bps @380 with 25gr wandering why the titan seems to overheight the motor and battery? The Titan itself seems to work just shows low batt. Any help woud be appreciated before I get another wall hanger lol

Last edited by ETK Brian; May 2nd, 2018 at 17:37.. Reason: addition
ETK Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 19:00   #2
devbro

overheight? what do you mean exactly?

If you are using anything except 18:1 you need to program titan so it accounts for it. look for "gear ratio" when you connect your titan to a computer or your phone. Also if you keep getting voltage error, it might be because you set lipo protection and using 4s instead of 3s in the settings. look for "battery cell" and "battery protection" when you connect to computer.

Note: the programming mini board does not have all programmable settings.
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 19:23   #3
cetane

Overheight maybe should be overheat?

GT 4500 motor? The tienly 45000 motor?
That with 13:1 gears and a m130. Short stroked?
It’s not a power efficient setup, and 20c may not cut it..?
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 20:22   #4
JiamingQ

Do you have active braking on?
JiamingQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 20:31   #5
JiamingQ

Also the wires for the Titan does not seem to be that good as well, so it can be because of the poor wiring in some cases.
JiamingQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 01:58   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It's overheating because you're using a 45000rpm motor on a set of high speed gears with an under powered battery.
You can't even run a tienly 30k with 13:1 gears on a 1800mah 20c battery.

I recommend turning off active braking and using a 22k motor. If you're using a 1200mah lipo, then I recommend an 18k motor.
Active braking only heats the motor during stopping, but the more amperage your motor needs, the more active braking is going to damage it, and no motor is more power hungry than a 45k motor struggling under a heavy load. Once that motor stops, it's a dead short so large you might as well be tying the battery leads together.

The lipo required to run a 45k motor on 13:1s won't fit in whatever battery compartment you have, and let me just say, it is just a completely negligent pairing and shame on you and shame on whatever retarded wannabe guntech may have recommended it.

The reason your titan seems to think the battery is low is because the ability of that battery to supply the enormous energy requirements of that setup is so woefully under achieved that the battery exhausts itself throwing everything it's little heart can muster, resulting in a very substantial voltage depression.

Look at it like this:
You are the battery; the Mah your stamina, the C rating your leg strength, the voltage is the rate you apply that strength (horsepower)
The M130 is Earth's gravity
The gear ratio is steep gradient
And the motor is a semi-truck

What's happening is you're trying to pull that semi truck up a steep gradient, you give it everything you can, get it half way, and drop dead for a few minutes until you feel good enough to start pulling again.
That moment of exhaustion is a voltage depression.
Battery starts at 12.6v, you pull the trigger, amperage spikes WELL above whatever it's rated for, and the voltage drops WELL below 9v, resulting in the mosfet thinking the battery is dead, and the battery being so hot it wishes it was dead. After a moment, the voltage comes back up, so when you unplug and plug the battery back in, the titan thinks the battery is at nominal voltage again.

45k motors are the dumbest thing ever made in airsoft. A product that sounds good, but is functionally useless, and is always applied incorrectly.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; May 3rd, 2018 at 02:08..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 10:38   #7
ETK Brian

WOW, thx for the fast responce awesome sight. Its interesting that its a battery problem. If Im getting this correctly a slower motor will fit the bill or a bigger battery? If so any suggestions to each?
Old May 3rd, 2018, 17:37   #8
ETK Brian

Thank you for your quick responce,awesome.So I took your advice and ran to my local wannabe airsoft shop and got a Modify MPI 22T, I think its a 25.Your responce was very informative Thx again. (hoping this works) I wont know for awhile as I lost the bolt that adjusts the motor what a day lol.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner