Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tactical Armband

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 4th, 2009, 22:33   #1
Conker

Tactical Armband

Hey,

I'm thinking of a way to get rid of my admin pouch. I've seen tactical armbands used on several loadouts on Wannabe, and it may be a good idea.

Has any of you used them? How do you find them?

Also as I'm not sure if I'll get used to them if they will be comfortable, so I'm looking for a cheap one (but still not a crappy, as I'd keep it if it suits my needs, which is mainly to be a comfortable map holder).

Here are those I found (I'm also looking for Coyote ones).
-BDS Tactical: http://www.tacticalsling.com/pd-bds-...n-arm-band.cfm
-Tasmanian Tiger (not availble in CB): http://www.firsttactical.com/Tasmani..._p/tt_7776.htm
-TAG Tactical: http://www.optactical.com/tagtaarmba.html

Do you know of any other one? Do you specifically recommand one?

Thanks!
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 22:39   #2
Groombug

You can just use a football QB playbook armband. It works the same.

The TAG one needs policing of all that extra bungee. I could probably armband the meatiest part of my thigh with that much cord.

修身齊家治國平天下
Groombug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 23:13   #3
Drake
E-01

Looks kind of annoying and a potential snag magnet.

I think going for a cheap one may prove a bad idea, the cheaper one would probably be less comfortable/poorly designed.

It also depends what you carry in your admin pouch. 3/4 of people have admin pouches for the velcro so they can throw on morale patches. I use mine to keep a small sheet and a pen for age verifications, a radio freq/CTCSS cheat sheet, occasionally a small map if needed, my car keys and a mouthguard. The latter probably wouldn't fit too good in the armband.

PS. Groombug, that avatar seems very fitting somehow (OFP flashbacks)
Old April 4th, 2009, 23:26   #4
Conker

That's right Groomburg, but I don't think those are done in CB :P But I'd have to look at this, it may be a way to try the idea befor buying one.

Drake, my admin pouch is mainly used for maps, radio freq chart, a dry erase marker (to write on the plastified map) and a pen.

I mainly want to get rid of my admin pouch because most MEU and FR pictures i've seen don't use them (the upper section of their CIRAS' front panel is empty), and my loadout is a FR one (I use MEU pics with CIRAS as to get an idea for some parts of the loadout, as their CIRAS pouch placement for exemple).
Old April 5th, 2009, 00:46   #5
Groombug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post

maps, radio freq chart, a dry erase marker (to write on the plastified map) and a pen.
All of that can be placed in a BDU arm pocket, or in the case of a pen/marker, through your rig's PAL channels.

Any chart can also be taped to a Crane stock or similar surface.

Drake - Yeah, a whole lotta dying, groundpounding with helos, and taking mortal flak for Poncho.

修身齊家治國平天下
Groombug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:23   #6
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
I mainly want to get rid of my admin pouch because most MEU and FR pictures i've seen don't use them (the upper section of their CIRAS' front panel is empty), and my loadout is a FR one (I use MEU pics with CIRAS as to get an idea for some parts of the loadout, as their CIRAS pouch placement for exemple).
I've seen a couple of FR/MEU pics with admin pouches being used. Besides, technically, they aren't using the arm band either. Also, the CIRAS doesn't appear to be the most commonly used setup: most FR seem to prefer the PACA + MBSS (or EPC) or RRV configuration. The RRV itself has two built in map pockets, and the EPC has one also.
Old April 5th, 2009, 17:01   #7
Conker

You got a point, it's true that armband isn't used by those units. It's just that... ah well I don't have any excuse XD Seems quite fast and easy to use.

It's right that CIRAS isn't exactly the most commun, but I preffered to go for a CIRAS setup over the others. See my thread Airsoft Canada

Then I might keep the admin pouch, do you know which style was used in the pics you saw? (or better, if you still have them I'd really appreciate to see 'em). There's one we see on the first guy in this pic http://www.airsoftcanada.com/attachm...0&d=1232302418 (I guess it's an admin pouch, but kinda hard to see).

I find the large empty velcro space ugly and straps or others pices of equipement sometimes catch in it. Not that bad, but as I also don't want to fill it with funny/stupid (depends on how you see that, lol) patches, I'd rather get rid of it.

Groombug, makes sense. My current BDU doesn't have an arm pocket tho. It would work for the pens, same for the radio chart on the stock makes sense. Just nowhere for the map, but I guess I don't need it that often, lol.

Thanks guys!
Old April 5th, 2009, 18:42   #8
Drake
E-01

Didn't have time to dig much, but here's a couple I spotted quickly (large picture size warning!):

1st guy in front, below his right elbow, you can see an Eagle style admin pouch (looks like there's the multitool/flashlight pouch on the far side):

Rightmost guy, admin pouch is clearly visible with bloodtype patch, flag and some other patch (beneath his weapon's stock tube):

Looks like an early model Eagle MLCS admin pouch on him:

Like this one:

And hard to tell on these guys, but they both appear to have some kind of admin pouch with patches:
Old April 5th, 2009, 18:53   #9
Conker

Wow Drake, huge thanks to you. I'll have a better look at this ASAP. Maybe I'll just keep my admin pouch and use if for useful patches (as flag, blood type,...).

Those are also pics I had not found during my previous reference, but they'll sure come in handy.

Thanks
Old April 5th, 2009, 19:04   #10
Drake
E-01

No problem, I have a small collection of MEU/FR pics for reference for my own stuff. Some have interesting little details, like in the first pic you may notice he has two Chip McCormick 10 round mags -- the ones with the extended baseplate like this:

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion