Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Converting my GBB 4.5mm pistol to airsoft 6mm?? Help

:

Accessories Discussion

Old December 15th, 2016, 02:40   #1
Mihajlo

Converting my GBB 4.5mm pistol to airsoft 6mm?? Help

Hello, I play paintball and I wanted to get back into airsoft as well. Had so much fun playing as a kid and I love the milsim. I have a gbb 4.5mm metal bb pistol that I believe can be converted. It's a cybergun GSG-92 (300fps) Only question I have is will normal GBB m9 mags be compatible and what barrel or inner barrel will work? The mag button catch on the mag is about 5cm from where you insert the bbs, the mag goes in the gun about 12.5cm and the mag is about 2cm wide. Here are pictures.
Mihajlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 03:00   #2
RainyEyes

You need to copy the actual image link not the album links for the pictures to show.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums...irsoft-121371/

Didn't the other forum answer your question though?

Last edited by RainyEyes; December 15th, 2016 at 03:02..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 03:46   #3
Mihajlo

Lol they didn't really help me much. None of my questions were answered and instead I was met with a "The FPS will be too high you'll hurt someone!" (which is bs because a 4.5mm steel bb weighs as much as .3g bbs) and "why don't you buy a new airsoft pistol?" which should be obvious, because a new barrel and a few mags are much cheaper than $200+ for a decent pistol.
Mihajlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 04:51   #4
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
Lol they didn't really help me much. None of my questions were answered and instead I was met with a "The FPS will be too high you'll hurt someone!" (which is bs because a 4.5mm steel bb weighs as much as .3g bbs) and "why don't you buy a new airsoft pistol?" which should be obvious, because a new barrel and a few mags are much cheaper than $200+ for a decent pistol.
No they answered it sufficiently... Try a m92 barrel and spend your next few months milling and dremeled slide and frame to accept the new barrel and then see if the propane/greengas mag will fit in the lower frame.

The potential amount of labour and parts aren't worth the benefits like the other forum members said.

Try borrowing or buying a variety of gbbp mags and see which will fit/feed. After that good luck finding a field that will let you play with a propane pistol at 450 fps is the math is correct.

The standard is .2g bb for chronoing at fields. Heavier bb = lower fps. You need to do a readup on this stuff because your argument isn't congruent with that's being discussed both here and in the other forums.

Last edited by RainyEyes; December 15th, 2016 at 04:54..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 13:17   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

it's not an fps limitation, it's a joule limitation. so if you are chronoing with a .3 the correct fps would be 325ish. which is 1.47J. 400fps with a .2 is 1.48J. Fields can chrono with whatever they want as long as the final result equates to under 1.48J.

The caveat is that gbb guns should ALL be chronoed with light and heavy weight bbs due to joule creep. since gbb guns operate only different physics with expansion of liquid into gas, it's possible to get higher observed Joules with heavier weight bbs than if you chrono with .2s. Meaning if you chronoed with a .2 and got exactly 400, and had an issue with joule creep, you could chrono again with a .3 and get 350 as an example.
Old December 15th, 2016, 14:45   #6
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

You'll never get the mags, feed lips, followers, or a myriad of other parts to work.

Start saving your pennies.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 15:35   #7
Strelok

We get threads like this once every so often. So if theres a bit of bluntness to the replies here, its due to habit.

Converting something from 4.5 to 6mm is a completely different ballgame than you may think, and unless you have access to milling and lathing equipment the endeavour won't be as simple as taking a dremel and hacksaw to it.

There are guns out there that are 'conversions' from 4.5mm to 6mm, such as the wingun revolvers and gletcher guns. But you have to understand these conversions are done at the manufacturing level. And if you make a mistake altering your gun, it can quickly go from being a nice 4.5mm bb gun to a not so nice paperweight.

The best advice anyone can give you right now is to take your time, save your money and buy something after a bit of research if you're looking for a good airsoft pistol. The information is abundant here.

Last edited by Strelok; December 15th, 2016 at 15:38..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 19:48   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
It would be cheaper and less headache just to buy a new gun.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 21:32   #9
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

You're going to spend countless hours worth of time converting it before it even begins to work properly.
Then it's going to break once, you'll be sick of working on it, and you'll swear at yourself for not buying a $200 pistol since now you're stuck with a $120 paperweight.

Time is money, and since you haven't already gone through with modifying it, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't even have the skills to accomplish this. In which case you're just going to work on it to the point of ruining the gun, and end up buying a $200 pistol anyway.

I HAVE the skills to modify a pellet gun into an airsoft gun, and I wouldn't waste the time to do it even to save $500. Just not worth it.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:24   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
It would be cheaper and less headache just to buy a new gun.
^
This! So much this, that there isn't anything else but this.

You're talking about a lot of trouble and time that will likely not get you to where you want to be. Buy an airsoft gun for airsoft, it'll work better, run better, you'll be happier.

Last edited by Ricochet; December 16th, 2016 at 10:45..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion