Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

prices in the game?

:

WW1, WW2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2008, 19:39   #1
Sergeantmajor
 
Sergeantmajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
prices in the game?

hey, i was recently looking at youonlywish's thread with his WW2 airborne load out and though i'd check out some stuff out there, now, i had found this one website a while ago, looking for british stuff of the second world war but..anyways..

does anyone know about the website WHAT PRICE GLORY.

here is an exemple of one of his packages. are the prices in the game? or are they way too expensive?

edit.

also, i've found one website, has loads of stuff, he makes packages,

are those reasonnable prices?

here:
BASIC INFANTRY PACKAGE
Includes:
M41, M43 or ETO jacket (No 52 or 52L M41 Jackets)
Wool shirt & trousers (Enlisted or officer)
1pr Socks
Enlisted or Officer web waist belt
Service shoes OR Roughouts
Leggings (original size 3R)
Jeep cap
Wool Scarf
Reproduction M1923 Cartridge belt
Original M1928 Haversack in VG condition, dirty (includes meat can pouch)
Reproduction M1910 Entrenching tool and carrier
Reproduction Canteen cover with original canteen and cup (undated)
Original First aid pouch w/ Carlisle bandage
Mess Kit (undated)

List price about $740, Package price $650

OPTIONS:
Substitute repro leggings, size, 4, 5 or 6, +$25
Substitute pistol belt, -$15
Add HBT uniform set, +$100
Substitute M43 two buckle boots for service shoes and leggings, +$10
Substitute Mackinaw for field jacket, +$15
Add M41, M43 or ETO Jacket, $75
Add garrison cap, +$22
Add sweater, +$50
Add raincoat, +$110
Add wool overcoat, +$180
Add 1/2 tent set, +$45
Add whole tent set, +$90


thanks in advance, and hope this might even help some of you out there.
__________________
"Lieutenant John Chard: The army doesn't like more than one disaster in a day.
Bromhead: Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast."
- ZULU (1964)
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 21:49   #2
leecas
The Rain Man
 
leecas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, Onatrio
You can usually put an impression together cheaper then that. It all depends on if you have more money or more time. If you have the money and you don't mind spending it then go for the package deal. If you have more time then money then go hunting for the deals. There are a lot of sites and most are the same but others will have better prices. Ebay is a good source for both repro and period uniforms and gear.

Check out our website... a lot of your questions can be answered there.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 00:48   #3
CrackShot 07137
 
CrackShot 07137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
I think US impression is the cheapest, especially the 101st. The thompson runs around $400, you buy the jumpsuit for $110, the boots $90 and I have seen some repro helmets on eBay.

I might do this after my SS impression.
CrackShot 07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 00:56   #4
Bowers
 
Bowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackShot 07137 View Post
I think US impression is the cheapest, especially the 101st. The thompson runs around $400, you buy the jumpsuit for $110, the boots $90 and I have seen some repro helmets on eBay.

I might do this after my SS impression.
theres many more little things you must get for those who take there loadout very seriously
__________________
拳法
The Greyman Doctrine
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:08   #5
CrackShot 07137
 
CrackShot 07137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
True, but you overall you will know exactly who they are portraying.
CrackShot 07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 15:52   #6
Gigaknight
 
Gigaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackShot 07137 View Post
True, but overall you will know exactly who they are portraying.
Yeah, he's got that down, some people just want to have a certain look while some people want the full blown experience; unissued gear, real caps, a whole bunch of stuff.

My bank account is going to hate me when I buy my flecktarn gear...
__________________
G&P M4 Sopmod
G&P Mk18 Mod 0
KSC USP Tactical (System 7)


T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 20:44   #7
CrackShot 07137
 
CrackShot 07137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaknight View Post
Yeah, he's got that down, some people just want to have a certain look while some people want the full blown experience; unissued gear, real caps, a whole bunch of stuff.

My bank account is going to hate me when I buy my flecktarn gear...
Some stores downtown have a lot of flecktarn gear. I know cause I bought everything flecktarn they have.

Pants, BDUs, Parka, some Flak jackets, although the majority is used.
CrackShot 07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:42   #8
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaknight View Post
Yeah, he's got that down, some people just want to have a certain look while some people want the full blown experience; unissued gear, real caps, a whole bunch of stuff.

My bank account is going to hate me when I buy my flecktarn gear...
I have seen a lot of flecktarn BDU (and some gear) on our local army surplus stores, you should go check them out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:29   #9
leecas
The Rain Man
 
leecas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, Onatrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackShot 07137 View Post
True, but you overall you will know exactly who they are portraying.
You can take re-enacting to the fine details or keep it basic... it's all up to you how far you want to take it. I for one, believe in taking it to the fine details. Having ID cards, paybooks, proper rations, etc can all be done with very little cost if you do them yourself and add a lot to the impression.

All my gear is either period or repro that is true to the impression. I think this hobby is very addictive, once you start and see everything coming together you end up going even further. At least that's how it was for me. I started out as a collector and then found period airsoft guns and was able to put the two together.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 13:24   #10
youonlywish
 
youonlywish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brantford, ON.
I'd have to agree with my captain.

Some folks are fine with a uniform and a weapon.

Personally, even if my uniform is not 'complete'... per say.. I'm more interested in the people fighting the war, not the war itself. I've said it before... I re-enact the life, not the fight. Fighting was a PART of WWII... albeit a major part...

You don't need EVERYTHING right off the bat. A lot of times, gear would be lost or unaccounted for. Remember that.

Try to put yourself in the mindset of the WWII soldier... what would you carry DAILY?
__________________
The Devil's Bench - Gaming Cafe, Brantford, ON.
youonlywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 13:50   #11
CrackShot 07137
 
CrackShot 07137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas View Post
I started out as a collector and then found period airsoft guns and was able to put the two together.
Same here. I know what you guys mean, I still cant decide whether or not to get the extra gear for a German Y strap= gas mask, bread bag, E tool, canteen, mess tin and bayonet fog OMG so much money.

Or just keep it basic, assault trooper idk
CrackShot 07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 18:08   #12
Drunk_Albertan
 
Drunk_Albertan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, Ab
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackShot 07137 View Post
Same here. I know what you guys mean, I still cant decide whether or not to get the extra gear for a German Y strap= gas mask, bread bag, E tool, canteen, mess tin and bayonet fog OMG so much money.

Or just keep it basic, assault trooper idk
Haha, yah, I know. What service or branch do I want to portray, then there is the uniforms, then the combat uniform, then the boots, helmet, webbing, hell when does it stop!! TRYING TO CONVINCE MY WIFE I NEED IT ALL WILL BE A MIRACLE ! ! ! (She was and still is pissed my Tanaka Kar 98 that I paid for in Feb. isn't here yet, should I tell her I need a We luger P08 and an MP 40 still?)
Drunk_Albertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 19:01   #13
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Couple of ways to approach this

Coming from a medieval repro standpoint... but its the same.

It comes down to resolution of the impression.

Starting out you want to look the part from across the field.. as you get better you look good from 100 feet.. then 50.. then 5... then you start on the non visual.. right down to the contents of your pocket and reproduction of material culture.. then you are looking at authentic stitching... and textiles.

For most the 50 foot impression is good enough ... and even if you were filming.. it would serve. for others it ain't enough till you could be strip searched and be indistinguishable from a period person.

Starting out use the distance as a guideline as to what needs to be purchased next..

For example its pointless to spend money and time on the contents of web gear pouches if the pouches are not correct.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 23:38   #14
CrackShot 07137
 
CrackShot 07137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Albertan View Post
Haha, yah, I know. What service or branch do I want to portray, then there is the uniforms, then the combat uniform, then the boots, helmet, webbing, hell when does it stop!!
Um I originally wanted to do Wehrmacht but my M36 tunic is a little big and no really uses this type (outdated I guess 1940ish) So I am doing SS, cause I like the black helmet (will use cover), camo (cool smocks) and historical too (non Germans joined)
CrackShot 07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:36   #15
leecas
The Rain Man
 
leecas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, Onatrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Coming from a medieval repro standpoint... but its the same.

It comes down to resolution of the impression.

Starting out you want to look the part from across the field.. as you get better you look good from 100 feet.. then 50.. then 5... then you start on the non visual.. right down to the contents of your pocket and reproduction of material culture.. then you are looking at authentic stitching... and textiles.

For most the 50 foot impression is good enough ... and even if you were filming.. it would serve. for others it ain't enough till you could be strip searched and be indistinguishable from a period person.

Starting out use the distance as a guideline as to what needs to be purchased next..

For example its pointless to spend money and time on the contents of web gear pouches if the pouches are not correct.
That's a great way to put it Brian and an excellent guideline.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.