New Umarex G36s

:

General

Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:04   #1
SlippGun

Send a message via MSN to SlippGun
New Umarex G36s

Hey everybody,

Not sure if this has been posted it or not, but I came across some new G36s being rebranded by Umarex.

When I contacted the seller, they said they were Ares/S&T. Now, I believe the Ares G36 was pretty decent, so I am wondering if there is any info on this new line?

I personally love the new stock.

Last edited by SlippGun; December 23rd, 2011 at 12:13.. Reason: removed link
SlippGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:07   #2
Scouser

contact hereigns on the maa forums, pretty sure he got his hands on one that hes selling right now
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:07   #3
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

don't ever post website links where you can buy airsoft guns out of the restricted section...
Old December 23rd, 2011, 17:34   #4
kalnaren

That G36c is shmexy....

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 18:42   #5
kullwarrior

external is nice, internal is POS
I had one before.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 20:09   #6
L473ncy

I can get my hands on one and do a review if anyone wants. I've still got to finish up my TM Glock review but once the holidays are over I'll tackle the Umarex G36's.

They are ARES OEM guns, you can tell because of the Quick Change spring feature and a few other details that ARES does. Overall they're pretty solid and I would definitely get one if it's at a reasonable price.
Old December 24th, 2011, 00:13   #7
SlippGun

Send a message via MSN to SlippGun
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
I can get my hands on one and do a review if anyone wants. I've still got to finish up my TM Glock review but once the holidays are over I'll tackle the Umarex G36's.

They are ARES OEM guns, you can tell because of the Quick Change spring feature and a few other details that ARES does. Overall they're pretty solid and I would definitely get one if it's at a reasonable price.
Yes! Please do. Would love to have a bit more info than what the websites provide.

And just out of curiosity, what is OEM? Is that just part of the Ares name, or something else?
Old December 24th, 2011, 00:28   #8
L473ncy

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origina...t_manufacturer

eg. Magpul "Green Label" Pmags aren't made by Magpul PTS. They basically ask some factory to make those mags for them and resell under the Magpul Green Label brand. In this case STAR is the OEM for the Green Label Pmags. Same goes for CYMA and Aftermath/Echo1. CYMA is the OEM and Aftermath and Echo1 rebrand those guns under their names usually these products go through another QC check but can sometimes just be sent to market after they're recieved at the respective warehouses/distribution channels.

Another example from computers are Power Supplies. The main OEM's include Delta Electonics and Channel Well Tech (CWT). Antec doesn't build it's own PSU's they get companies like CWT and Delta (sometimes Seasonic) to make them for them to a specified standard and just slap the Antec brandname/logo onto the PSU's. Same goes for a lot of DVD-RW's, I know for sure that Liteon makes a lot of drives OEM (or at least the drive controller or w/e) for other manufacturers and this is evident because you can crossflash firmware onto different drives (eg. A lot of the ASUS DVD-RW's crossflashable with Liteon firmware).
Old December 24th, 2011, 00:43   #9
Donster

but those are ARES aren't they? doesn't that mean a host of proprietary parts? Or have they finally wised up?

that being said, i really do like the FDE models
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:09   #10
Fuzzy

Proprietary parts that I am aware of are the selector plate, the spring guide, probably the trigger assembly (since it uses an electronic micro-switch). I'm not a big fan of proprietary parts. That being said my Ares G36c seems to be performing well so far. Must have fired over 25k rounds using 11.1v lipo. Only thing to break is the tappet plate spring. I don't do much maintenance on this gun since it is now my backup/loaner gun.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:18   #11
Adamlxlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
external is nice, internal is POS
I had one before.
Don;t know what one you had but the internals are not that bad. Did you get the clear piston plastic spring guide version?
I have the kv in FDE, not a bad gun at all. Disable the blowback.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 10:36   #12
Freeze

I wonder if they sell that stock separate...Me gusta!

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 02:23   #13
NomNoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
I wonder if they sell that stock separate...Me gusta!
G&P makes them, I think they called it the "Sniper Style Stock". Although not sure on compatibility,I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible. It's the same locking/folding mechanism as the original one. I was looking to get one for my Ares G36, and I found Airsoftparts has 1 in stock (its mine! :P), and I'm pretty sure ehobby has a couple too.
NomNoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:16   #14
skalnok

the g&p ones are more square near the locking mech, this one has the proper shape of the real H&K
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 13:55   #15
Fuzzy

The g&p stock fits the Ares. Got one on mine. The Ares version looks better though.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General