Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Advice before buying

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 20th, 2017, 18:54   #16
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

stop dumpster diving on amazon for cheap gear. It's all shit unless it's real stuff from commercial brands.
Old March 20th, 2017, 21:06   #17
devbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
A word on quality; the cheaper plate carriers tend to have misaligned molle, and weak stitching. So it might be very difficult to get pouches on, and there's a possibility you might rip the molle. That aside, they often copy uncomfortable and outdated designs for plate carriers.
You don't need nearly as tough of gear indoors as outdoors. But better to buy once than twice.
If you *ever* plan on *ever* playing outdoors, and if you want a mid-grade plate carriers, I REALLY highly suggest NOT buying an ACU plate carrier. Not only are they beacons outdoors, but they can also be very hard to sell. Foliage green will match ACU nicely (seeing as it's one of the colors in the pattern), AND work outdoors very well.

And about mag pouches; you absolutely do not need to buy $50 KYWI or TACO pouches, but if a $2 pouch (kind that comes with $50 carriers) drops a $50 pistol mag and you lose it, is the $5 pouch REALLY worth it when you could have bought a far superior $15 pouch?

Some people rip on condor, but I think they make the best combo of affordable/durable/functional mag pouches. Double M4 mag pouch is like $30, that's almost china prices compared to TACO or KYWIs.

Apart from looking cool and providing some armor, plate carriers are overkill in CQB. You could just run a molle belt.
I have made the mistake of going with ACU as I always play indoor. I guess I have to think of a second color of choice very soon. plus, finding a matching ACU vest/or plate carrier is not as easy as I hoped. All places suggested so far do not have ACU at all!!!! I guess i need to rethink this issue now.
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 22:58   #18
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

You may want to consider a solid colour carrier. That would leave you free to change your camo at will because a solid colour goes well with any pattern. You can also mix up your pouches green and tan to break up the solid colour block. Coyote brown goes well with ACU.

Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 23:00   #19
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Last edited by Kozzie; March 20th, 2017 at 23:03..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 00:35   #20
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

foliage green matches ACU better than anything else.
Don't feel bad about not finding matching ACU. Even the real stuff didn't match back when I was using it.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 21:24   #21
Amoki

Others may have mentioned it before, so I may be re-iterating some points here:
1) You linked a CIRAS. The CIRAS is a 2003 design IIRC. It was a good design relative to the OTV/IOTV/RRC as a fulll armour carrier, but small arms technology and design has evolved since then.

2) Even the JPC is starting to become obsolete - it's about 4-5 year design.

3) The current plate carrier trend is around modularity: enter the JPC 2.0, AVS, Velocity System SCARAB, Ferro Concept Slick etc. With the use of QD Swiftclip buckles, you can "hot swap" entire load in minutes. I have 3 different platforms (AK, M4, SA 58) that can be cross-compatible with my TMC JPC 2.0

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...489995227.html

4) "Camouflaged" 1st, 2nd and 3rd line gear are generally bad-ideas, full stop.

First of all, those colours are around your centre-of-mass, and it's always going to be movement and position that gives you away first way before centre-of-mass colouring. Back in the UCP days, UCP camouflage was being mixed with CB and Ranger Green kit anyway.

Then it hurts your resale value.

Last edited by Amoki; March 28th, 2017 at 21:30..
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2017, 23:28   #22
BenG

Looks very hot, a more modern deseign would be much better esspecially if your indoor area is heated, even real steel if you can find something in your price range. If you cant afford real steel, check out semapo gear, its still more then what you linked but they have decently built clones based on modern packages.

As someone who bought a real ACU LBT 6094a from factory for ~500CAD a few years ago, do not buy ACU gear.... I had a hell of a time selling it and getting half my money back was a struggle, unfortunantly what was my ACU LBT 6094a is a now a collectable....

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now

Last edited by BenG; March 29th, 2017 at 23:31..
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion