Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Force Recon & MARSOC Thread

:

USA

Old September 27th, 2010, 16:00   #76
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

alright so for awhile I've had a fairly oldish grunt Marine impression, tri colour desert BDU's, old type woodland OTV etc. but it's been kinda advancing to the future a little bit with changing out the tri desert with Marpat, newer pouches etc.

so I figure I'd just make a force recon setup.

read through this thread and have made my shopping list let me know if I'm accurate

Oh! this setup will be gamed, all my guns and gear are gamed frequently so due to the nature of the games I play I may have to change a few details or add a certain piece of kit to be able to game effeciently. (ie, can of bear mace cause we're in the woods alot, or a crane stock on the gun for the battery)

but I want to make it as close as possible, but gamable.

so IIRC the vest is either a RRV or a land CIRAS, unless they've changed something already, the standard colour for gear is coyote brown correct? (I've seen a few pictures of guys wearing dark earth but wasn't sure if they were FR) also could I mix some OD in there? my canteen pouches are all OD and I'd like not to go out and buy new ones.

I'm leaning for the Flyye land ciras: http://www.wargameparts.ca/store/pro...id_product=161

* 1x Admin Pouch
* 1x Dual Pistol Mag Pouch
* 1x Dual M4 Mag Pouch ( Each Pouch Holds 2 M4 / M16 Mags )
* 2x Single M4 Mag Pouch ( Each Pouch Holds 2 M4 / M16 Mags )
* 1x Smoke Grenade Pouch
* 1x Medical Pouch
* 1x Large Utility Pouch
* 1x Radio Pouch

I'd like to stick to Flyye brand gear as much as possible as stated earlier there are minor shade differences in each companies CB and that would annoy me. where else can I get flyye gear in Canada? that seller is out of his basement and only has a limited supply of the stuff.

for comminucation I'm still undecided, I want to get that MBITR replica at ROSV but still have to make a decision which is being discussed in the big radios thread.

now the belt is where I'm getting lost, it's a molle battle belt obviously but do you guys get the harness/suspender's for them seperatly or does it come with it?
I'm liking the right angle belt http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0423 as it's similar to the current belt rig I have, an old ALICE belt with a Y harness from like the 70's. It's the only belt setup that has worked for me, most of the time belt rigs and chest rig's dont work well together, one is always pushing on the other like the bottom of the plate carrier is pushing down on the top of the pouches of the belt.

but I assume because they are the same brand they will clear eachother? like an inch gap in between the two would be amazing. thats hard to get with my current setup with the otv being so large to make that happen the belt would be kinda on my hips digging in than on my waist.

on the belt I want to put:

2x or 3x canteen's (I don't carry water in a hydro carrier, that's always been really uncomfortable for me the canteen is way better IMO water hanging off your back feels weird)

1x m60 pouch (I need to pack Bino's with me and I use them alot they gotta be accessable, my current rig employs a m60 pouch for them and they fit in it perfect)

1x Ka bar

might add a utility pouch or another m60 pouch for general things or probably a dump pouch but I never use them

any advice on my belt setup will be helpful I feel I'm missing something there.

I'd also like to use a fanny pack for random shit as I usually need crap like electrical tape, pad of paper and pen or something.
http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0269
battle belt and a fanny pack will jive well? or will they bunch up and like pinch me or something?

Also I see in those pictures they are packing those big drop legish gas mask pouches (like the guys in Generation kill) I could use that as a subsitute for a dump pouch and have been looking for one for awhile actually but am stumped on where to locate one, point me in the right direction? again that would work with the fannypack, warbelt combo? or would three things on your waist be uncomfortable?
they look kinda like this one http://www.flyyeindustries.com/Artic...sp?ProdID=0476 but seem to have their own attached belt.

now for the backpack, I already have a few but they're maxpeditions so I need something a little more plausible for FR.
I'll need two, a little day one for carrying extra ammo, camping propane tank, tipi, extra water bottle etc and a 3 day assault one for milsims.
I like these guys' impressions here http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...&postcount=117 and their pack's especially with the bed roll etc. but I see their packs are attached to their chest rigs, I dont want to have to take off my vest just to get to the pack, I'd like to have the backpack seperate from the plate carrier like a normal backpack as I often have to access and don't wwant to have a buddy digging through it trying to find what I want when I can just reach in and grab it.
In the past I've had problems with the backpack to plate carrier relationship, one will often affect the other, if the backpack sucks it makes the plate carrier's shoulder straps pinch into me and rub on my collar bone and neck, I feel the weight of both the pack and the carrier very much and it doesn't make for an enjoyable day, if the plate carrier doesn't agree with the pack the pack's straps will often slip off the carrier and onto the edge of my shoulders restricting movement of my gun and making it shoulder incorrectly.

how can I fix this and whats a pack that will work well with the Land ciras that I can take on and off quickly like a normal pack? also what do you guys put in your packs?

your input is very appreciated I'd love to make a full kit thats not a pain to game. I'm just more or less concerned about the comfortability or pinching of the gear.

also the weapons, I see a few full size m16 RAS's in there but mostly M4 RIS's (whats the brand of their particular rail or does it matter?, I'd like to use a full size M16 with an RAS for a change no one would be busting my balls if I used an m16? I was thinking the G&P m16 RAS from cottoni or something from the classic army X series from HAW.

that's it for now, I'd like to cover the base gear first before moving into things equipment that goes into the pouches etc. this'll give me a basic setup that I can then build on and add to, if you guys have any suggestion's or help with my questions/concerns please speek up I'd love to hear them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.

Last edited by Assault Pioneer; September 27th, 2010 at 16:03..
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 16:23   #77
Conker

Well for the color, we see MJK (khaki) from time to time, and more and more often, however yes the "official" and main color used is still CB.

For the pouches and gear, I've got a bunch of Flyye pouches, mostly new or like new I'm putting up for sale as soon as I get time to take the pics and make the price list. I'll PM you.

For the belt, you've got the right one. This is a replica of the Allied FSBEII belt.

The M16 is used by grunts only. MARSOC and FR use mostly the 14.5 SOPMOD, and sometimes 10.5.

For the backpack, there's the Eagle FSBEII backpack. AFAIK Flyye doesn't have a replica of that one, you'd have to go with the Pantac.

I'll get back to your other questions when I'll have some more time.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 16:58   #78
Vince

Marsoc is part of socom so MJK would be the way to go with a Maritime Ciras
Old September 27th, 2010, 19:51   #79
Vince

FR belt kit 2005-ish. Missing a leg panel and some other FSBE pouches I've ordered

BHI duty belt
CSM dump pouch (07)
AI IFAK 1st gen (05)
EI M60 FSBE 1st gen *green label* (05)
EI Frag FSBE (08)

Old September 27th, 2010, 20:57   #80
Vince

1st gen CB (EI and AI)
Old September 30th, 2010, 15:38   #81
Conker

Warning: Fuckin'hi-res!

VBSS Training

Note: There's MARSOC, some grunts, some [??? guys in tri-color] and possibly 1 SWCC (unconfirmed) advisor.

http://www.marines.mil/unit/31stmeu/...-5539C-088.jpg
http://www.marines.mil/unit/31stmeu/...-0581G-018.JPG
http://www.marines.mil/unit/31stmeu/...-0581G-013.JPG
http://www.marines.mil/unit/31stmeu/...-0581G-009.JPG
http://www.marines.mil/unit/31stmeu/...-0581G-007.JPG
http://www.marines.mil/unit/31stmeu/...-0581G-012.JPG
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/...3d47186a_o.jpg

Oh and... the grunt with the M16 that has the ACOG, the carry handle and the PEQ16? Seriously? LOL

Last edited by Conker; October 18th, 2010 at 09:36.. Reason: Edited to put links instead of high res due to page lag
Old September 30th, 2010, 18:18   #82
pugs144

That Marine's M16 setup may look goofy, but if it works for him and the mission then it isn't goofy. These guys aren't numpties - they've been around the block once or twice. I'd give them the benefit of a doubt when it comes to loadouts.

Last edited by pugs144; September 30th, 2010 at 18:20..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 00:15   #83
Conker

Greenside inspiration... Notice that I said "inspiration" and not "impression", mainly for the fact that MARSOC greenside (and even FR) pics are pretty hard to come by.

Please discard the white injury and the death flag in my pocket, these were taken ingame...

Also the gun is an Mk12 (not mine) as my own SOPMOD was down that day.

I know regarding the pack, this was the standard ILBE assault pack whereas I now have the Recon AP
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:34   #84
Conker

A little something I'm working on... I know it's Force Recon era (and not MARSOC which I'm mostly working on) but it's too nice for me to not do this.

Old October 18th, 2010, 21:53   #85
JohnGol10

Well I'll tell you and maybe we can work something out:
-G2
-XM07 Tailcap and Pressure Switch
-USGI IR Cover
-Viking Tactics Rail Adapter

Old October 18th, 2010, 22:04   #86
JohnGol10

Quick question... does Recon/MARSOC have the choice to carry a sidearm or are they always required to carry it?
Old October 18th, 2010, 22:21   #87
Conker

It's their choice depending on situation, at least for MARSOC. Even if they share a lot, both have their specificities... so can't say for sure for the FR guys.

EDIT: Added a few pics to back up what I'm saying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1st Recon Btn - 04.jpg (19.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 610xfj.jpg (79.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 270498.jpg (946.2 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Conker; October 18th, 2010 at 22:23..
Old October 18th, 2010, 22:21   #88
Vince

YouTube - 1st Recon Reunite for Aerial Insert
Old October 18th, 2010, 23:46   #89
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
It's their choice depending on situation, at least for MARSOC. Even if they share a lot, both have their specificities... so can't say for sure for the FR guys.

EDIT: Added a few pics to back up what I'm saying.
Pistol is great in DA, but for Recon and whatnot in Afghanistan I highly doubt it has much use, but hey that's just me (don't quote me on that I've never been there...)
Old October 19th, 2010, 17:05   #90
JohnGol10

What type of gloves would FR typically use? I'm thinking either Wiley-X CAG-1's, Mechanix M-Pact, sage green flight gloves, Oakley SI Assault gloves (Not really interested in these), and I believe Outdoor Research makes gloves for FR...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA